Author Topic: could this be in the works for Brooklyn & L.A.?  (Read 925 times)

could this be in the works for Brooklyn & L.A.?
« on: June 28, 2013, 12:44:52 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
things just feel weird to me that KG & Pierce would so willingly accept playing for Brooklyn that I feel a Mega-Mega deal coming on.

Pierce,Garnett & Lopez to L.A. Lakers

DH-12,World Peace,Jordan Hill & fillers to Brooklyn Nets

This way everybody wins & Brooklyn & Billy King finally gets what they really wanted in the end. Pierce & KG goes back home & gets to play with Kobe who a good friend of both. Just my gut feeling is that all teams are going to get their wishes! And by doing it this way Boston fans can say we helped L.A. because it would now be Brooklyn's doing. As opposed to a 3-way which Boston would facilitate.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:51:54 AM by KG_ended_Bias »

Re: could this be in the works for Brooklyn & L.A.?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I was wondering if they would inquire about a S&T for D12 based around Lopez, but I can't see them giving up all three guys.

Plus I don't think two teams over the cap (or tax threshold, which LAL and BKN both are) can be part of a S&T anymore, not sure.

I think they are comfortable with their starting 5 and will only look to use the mini-MLE and bring in vet ring chasers (wouldn't it be funny if Ray went there?).
CELTICS 2024

Re: could this be in the works for Brooklyn & L.A.?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Neither Brooklyn nor the Lakers can receive a player in a sign and trade (too much salary on their teams), they can sign and trade their own player though.  So the Lakers can sign and trade Dwight, they just can't send him to Brooklyn.

Also recently acquired players cannot be traded in a trade involving other players for something like 90 days (not sure of the timeframe, but it isn't immediate).  So Brooklyn could not trade Pierce or Garnett in a trade with other players, but they could trade either one alone (multiple players could come back, but they would have to be the only player out).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip