Author Topic: Rondo to Bobcats for Walker and MKG + [IDEA]  (Read 1375 times)

Rondo to Bobcats for Walker and MKG + [IDEA]
« on: June 27, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ofj8aqa

Rondo for Walker and MKG - swap picks (16 for 4). Celtics take the best available of: Len, Noel, Porter, Trey Burke.

Thoughts?

Re: Rondo to Bobcats for Walker and MKG +
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I do it!!! Heck going to be bad with or without RR anways
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Rondo to Bobcats for Walker and MKG + [IDEA]
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 07:33:22 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
man, Rondo to the Bobcats? 

I think we would prefer to use our 1 great trade chip for something a bit better.  We don't need to dump salary right now.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 07:43:09 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45

Rondo for Walker and MKG - swap picks (16 for 4). Celtics take the best available of: Len, Noel, Porter, Trey Burke.

Thoughts?

I don't think we would also be getting 4, unless we include either Bradley or Sullinger in that deal.

Let's say it's Rondo, Bradley, #16

for

Walker, MKG, #4

If Rondo is going to be a little girl all season, I'd especially take the deal. Walker had quite a turn around. MKG is a solid building block type, and the #4 pick for us would be one of Noel, Olapido, or McLemore (I think Washington picks Otto Porter almost any which way).

That is a team that will for sure suck for a season, and net us a top lottery pick. We free up major cap space, and have an extremely young, talented roster, with a plethora of solid-decent 1st rounders over the next several seasons.

That is how you rebuild, IMO.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 07:51:22 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102

Thoughts?

I don't think we would also be getting 4, unless we include either Bradley or Sullinger in that deal.

Let's say it's Rondo, Bradley, #16

for

Walker, MKG, #4

If Rondo is going to be a little girl all season, I'd especially take the deal. Walker had quite a turn around. MKG is a solid building block type, and the #4 pick for us would be one of Noel, Olapido, or McLemore (I think Washington picks Otto Porter almost any which way).

That is a team that will for sure suck for a season, and net us a top lottery pick. We free up major cap space, and have an extremely young, talented roster, with a plethora of solid-decent 1st rounders over the next several seasons.

That is how you rebuild, IMO.

Respectfully:

(1). Rondo lead the NBA in assists last year, before he was injured
(2). Rondo lead the NBA in assists the year before last.
(3). He has won a championship, and been to the finals; he has made the playoffs what - six of the seven years of his career?
(4). The Bobcats are terrible, and no one wants to play there. The only way they get better is with a trade.
(5). The Bobcats have no appreciable assets. They have to take on bad contracts to get picks, but fail to develop the picks, because the picks never play on winnnig teams - or with winning veterans. Accordingly - the Bobcats will NEVER get a chance to get a legitimate, every year, all star franchise point guard again. Walker is only okay. He is not Rondo.
(6). Rondo is a top 5 NBA point guard: he is better than John Wall and Deron Williams (Paul, Parker, Westbrook, Rondo, Kyrie Irving).

...I do not think they are entitled to Avery Bradley, if they are getting back a player that is T20 in the NBA for two role players, and a high pick in the worst draft sinc 2000.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 10:01:01 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Rondo for MKG, Zeller, Sessions

MKG and Zeller cant help a lot THIS year and that is a good thing.  Let them learn on the job, while we tank.

Contracts to let run out or try to dump:

Bass, Lee, Humphries, Sessions, Wallace

Young players with favorable contracts:

Sullinger, Bradley, Olynyk, MKG, Melo, Zeller

Thats 6 young players plus Green to build around the 2014 pick.  Hopefully tank this year and draft the best player possible.  Then when all the bad contracts start running out, you have money freed up to extend your young guys and you have multiple draft picks to add depth.