Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 106189 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #435 on: June 27, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »

Offline jpurthe1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
Marc Stein

2014 = slight protection

16 and 18 NO PROTECTION!!!!

WOW, If it flips to 2015, that may change as well, since Atlanta has 1st dibs.

We could have 3 in 2015 unprotected as well as 2 in 2016 and 2 in 2018 unprotected.

I am rooting for injuries to the Nets and Clippers in those years  ;D

Which Nets picks do the Hawks have first dibs on?

This is how I see it,

If we are bad enough, we might have our own pick for Wiggins or Parker next draft.

Atlanta has the option to flip picks with the Nets (Joe Johnson) deal in either 2014 or 2015.

I am rooting for Atlanta to get Dwight Howard now. Hope they get a better pick a flip with the Nets next year, since Nets pick will probably be in the 20s as well.

In 2015 we have 2 picks that could be unprotected (depending on language) of the flipping of picks from 1 year to another. Not sure the protection issues with a picks that has slight protection in 2014 vs (MAYBE) non in 2015.

Send Rondo to Atlanta and Dwight. Make the Nets sweat a bit.

As well as 2016 & 2018.

WOW :o

« Reply #436 on: June 27, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I have a big problem with Celtics fans which I often find myself being a component of, being a Celtics fan myself. Any trade in which we don't 100% fleece the other team is a bad one, and one that would justify the firing of whichever executive is responsible. The fact of the matter is that as I see it, this deal is a very good one for both sides. Yes, we take back Gerald Wallace, but it is the only way we can match salaries in this proposed trade. Also, it's probably the only way you can convince the Nets to make the deal. We won't be good for at least two to three years at least, so it's not as if we're on the brink of contention but bogged down by a poisonous contract.

I see a lot of people challenging the point in swapping the expiring contract of Pierce for the expiring contract of Humphries. For one, Humphries' contract is slightly easier to trade at the deadline if we want to. Also, Humphries is worse than Pierce. If our only goal this season is to shed salary and collect assets, wouldn't we want a player that will accelerate our rebuilding process (as worse teams have a better chance at getting a lottery pick) rather than one that has us dwelling in the middle of the pack for a few more years?

As for Tornike Shengelia, a lot of Celts fans are overlooking this guy. It's very telling that a lot of Nets fans are hesitant in becoming what is basically a bona fide contender just to keep him. Great offensive game, remarkable motor, good size, 21 years old? Sign me up. We're lucky to be getting a prospect like this.

Another concern Cs fans have is that ATL could possibly swap picks with the Nets in 2014, which appears to be the first pick the Cs would get in this deal. How much damage could that really do? I can't see the Hawks having a better record than the Nets next year, and if by chance they do, it won't be so much better that this deal wouldn't be worth the trouble. If, as some people say, the picks in fact start in 2015 per league rules, I still hold my position despite the Hawks ability to swap picks in that draft as well. If the picks start in 2016 for the same reasons, we don't have to worry about the Hawks.

Finally, with the inclusion of Jason Terry now looking more and more likely, the Celtics shed the contracts of older, better players that would weigh down their cap space and hold the Celtics' rebuilding process hostage.

Overall, this deal is a good one and the calls for Danny to be fired because of this rumor are absurd. Rebuilding is a necessary process at this point, warts and all. Celtics fans must shake their aspirations to rob teams blind like the Lakers have done recently and for once rebuild like a normal NBA franchise.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #437 on: June 27, 2013, 06:20:14 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
I think this idea completely sucks.

« Reply #438 on: June 27, 2013, 06:21:01 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hate Wallace and his contract, but other than that, I'm cool with the trade.

Expirings and picks for KG, Pierce, and Terry is a decent haul, I'd say.

I'd actually ask that they give us Brooks over Bogans, but that's just me.

« Reply #439 on: June 27, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Can you stretch a player acquired through trade?
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #440 on: June 27, 2013, 06:21:34 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Come out of your hiding places, Ainge fanatics. Time to face reality.

thank GOD you are not in charge of anything important to this organization. so DA gets no credit for the allen, KG deals? SMH.

how many years does he get credit for it?  a lifetime?

« Reply #441 on: June 27, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
This makes me want to vomit. The Celtics are doing the Nets a favor if they take Wallace's contract. They can get more at the deadline then they will now. This seems like a desperate move by Ainge.

« Reply #442 on: June 27, 2013, 06:22:57 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Another thing to consider is that the Wallace contract brings us closer to the cap minimum. Which may be more difficult to reach going forward with all these rookie scale contracts that are about to be on the books.

« Reply #443 on: June 27, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 879
  • GOT IT!!!
I don't like the Wallace contract, but we do have the stretch (right?), and he's an expiring in two years anyway.
Mmm ... $30 million over three years so that is $30 over 7 years if use stretch provision. About $4.3 million per annum.

That would create enough wiggle room cap wise to make major free agent additions if available. Good idea.

Don't think there's be any reason to use it this year, so $20 million over 5 perhaps.

No no, you don't get it. Ainge should force Wallace to play 48 minutes a game every game. We WANT the celtics to suck for the next 2 years.

Wiggins or bust!   ;D

LOL TP

« Reply #444 on: June 27, 2013, 06:23:19 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
NBA source says KG expects to touch base w/Pierce before waiving his no-trade clause to allow #Nets #Celtics deal to go through.

« Reply #445 on: June 27, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If Danny has no plan how to dump some of those losers quickly, it will take 6-10 years to rebuild. Awful trade, just awful as is.

I bet $1,000 if we really suck next year, even if we are the worse team in the league we will not get the first or second pick. Rolling the dice to get lucky in the draft is for losers!

Right now I am sick to my stomach, I hope KG says no.

Gerald Wallace? Are you *&^%$*& kidding me? We would have to amnesty him, that contract is the worse I have seen in years.

OMG I'm so upset, please tell me there is more to this than a bunch of picks in the high 20's? That are years away!

Like I said if Danny doesn't have a plan for that bag of garbage he will be getting a pink slip very soon.

« Reply #446 on: June 27, 2013, 06:24:32 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
how many years does he get credit for it?  a lifetime?
Well, that's how long Banner #17 is good for, so why not?

« Reply #447 on: June 27, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Hopefully David Stern vetos this awful trade...he does everything else!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #448 on: June 27, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
This makes me want to vomit. The Celtics are doing the Nets a favor if they take Wallace's contract. They can get more at the deadline then they will now. This seems like a desperate move by Ainge.

But with it you risk potential injury.

« Reply #449 on: June 27, 2013, 06:26:50 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC
On the other hand....the nets are going to have a nice line up
Williams
Johnson
Pierce
Kg
Lopez

Terry, brooks, Blatche,

Boston on the other hand have a team full of junk.