Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 106529 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2013, 03:47:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
i dont know if someone has posted stats and reviews on shengelia yet. he looks as if he might actually have a role on a rebuilding, not very good team like the celtics will be for a few years.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tornike-Shengelia-5533/

also, this is handy dandy info on what sort of draft picks the Nets have to trade. not all that many are left to be honest with you.

the nets owe these to other teams:

2013 second round draft pick to Minnesota

Brooklyn's 2013 2nd round pick to Minnesota (via Minnesota to New
Orleans) [Brooklyn-Minnesota, 6/24/2011 and then Minnesota-New Orleans,
7/13/2012 and then Minnesota-New Orleans-Phoenix, 7/27/2012]

2014 first round draft pick to Atlanta

Atlanta has the right to swap its 2014 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2014 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]

2014 second round draft pick to Boston

Brooklyn's 2014 2nd round pick to Boston [Boston-Brooklyn, 6/23/2011]

2015 first round draft pick to Atlanta

Atlanta has the right to swap its 2015 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2015 1st round pick [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]

2015 second round draft pick to Utah

Brooklyn's 2015 2nd round pick to Utah [Brooklyn-Utah, 12/22/2011]

2016 second round draft pick to L.A. Clippers

L.A. Clippers have the right to swap their 2016 2nd round pick protected
for selections 56-60 for Brooklyn's 2016 2nd round pick (if the L.A.
Clippers' pick falls within its protected range, then the L.A. Clippers'
right to swap and Brooklyn's obligation to the L.A. Clippers will be
extinguished) [Brooklyn-L.A. Clippers, 7/11/2012]

2017 second round draft pick to Atlanta

Brooklyn's 2017 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012]
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #241 on: June 27, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I'm all for rebuilding (if you force me to) but tanking is where I draw the line. I am sure everyone realizes you can have worst record by a landslide and you still only have a 25% chance of landing the top pick. If you land the top pick, there are no assurances that player becomes a franchise cornerstone.

It's not a given that Wiggins even declares for the draft next year. So we tank thinking he's available and for some reason he decides to go back for his sophmore year. I hate to put all our eggs in one proverbial basket ('14 draft).

History should tell us that tanking is just not a good option, especially for us. (e.g. '97/'07)

Who said this is the strategy? Do you know more than we do?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #242 on: June 27, 2013, 03:48:30 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
@howardbecknyt: Person involved in Nets-Celtics talks says "slim chance" of a KG/Pierce deal. (But things have a way of changing)

« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2013, 03:48:37 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
As an aside, what is NJ thinking with this deal by giving up all of their future firsts? If you add KG/PP to each squad, which team do you think is better? I tend to think the Cs have about as good of a chance of winning the whole thing as the Nets do...and we have seen how that has panned out over the last couple of seasons [with younger versions of PP and KG].

NJ got the best/highest paid players they could to arouse their Brooklyn fans, but this has the real possibility of blowing up in their faces for the next decade.

...and with all of this, I am totally against it from the Cs perspective, unless they can find someone to take on Wallace.

I don't know, man.  I prefer Deron + Lopez + Johnson to Rondo + Green

TP. Plus we don't have a coach. Kidd + Lawrence Frank (he just accepted an assistant position) will be respected by KG and Pierce.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2013, 03:49:23 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Can't we just do this trade?

Brooklyn Sends: Brook Lopez/Kris Humphries

Boston Sends: Kevin Garnett/Paul Pierce/#16
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2013, 03:50:24 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Would like it , but doubt Nets will give up Lopz for a few years of PP and KG.

« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2013, 03:50:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Sure its legal, but we aren't getting Lopez. The Nets are built around Lopez/Williams.

« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Sure its legal, but we aren't getting Lopez. The Nets are built around Lopez/Williams.

Yeah it would absolutely never happen. It's the only way I have discussions with Brooklyn however.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4595
I disagree with those who say the Celtics would be getting 3 bad picks. Assuming the picks are in 2013, 2015 and 2017 the last two picks could become gold. The Nets would be an OLD team but with very high salaries so it would be difficult for them stay at a high level for more than a year so 2015 might be a solid pick and 2017 has a high likelihood of being an extremely high pick. Add to the pot the LAC 2015 pick, you have the makings of great rebuild potential.

I'm with this.  I don't think they'll end up being 3 late first rounders.  Some people seem pretty high on the Nets long term future, I just don't see it.  To me this is a 1-2 year window for the Nets, and the second year is pretty iffy in my book.

Depending on what year the picks are, I could think at least one could actually be pretty good, and another one has a chance of being decent.

Do they Nets have only their firsts? Or have they traded some away and/or obtained others?
I know Atlanta has the right to swap with them in 2014 and 2015.  So only taking that into consideration:

Cant’ trade picks in successive future years (though this year doesn’t count since it’s a current pick).

So Nets can trade 2013, 2014, and 2016
Or Nets can trade 2013, 2015, 2017
Or Nets can trade 2014, 2016, 2018

I imagine the Nets are probably not trading picks further out than that.

2013 – Nets have #22 pick.
2014 – Atlanta has right to swap. 
2015 – Atlanta has right to swap.
2016 – Nets regular pick
2017 – Nets regular pick
2018 – Nets regular pick

2014 - Barring any unforeseen major injuries, Nets will probably be good (20-30 range), and Nets will be higher than Atlanta (unless they land Howard and/or Paul).  So pick will be late first round.  Eh, nothing special.

2015 – Is this veteran team flat like the 2013 Celtics?  Did Pierce re-sign with the Nets?  Did Garnett retire?  If everybody sticks around then Williams is 30, JJ is 33, Pierce is 37, Garnett is 38, Lopez is 26.  Despite not being that old in NBA years, Williams already looked like he was declining in 2013, how effective will he be in 2015?  He could be the next Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury, or Steve Francis?  Just look about when their careers nosedived.  JJ already looks like the 2012 version of Ray Allen, we know it doesn’t get better.  Lopez I always thought was kind of overrated (a good player, just not a cornerstone).  They’ll be like the 2013 Celtics, fighting for a low playoff seed, and to me that’s best case scenario!  Think if Pierce and Garnett don’t come back.  Atlanta might be worse, might be better (but likely not much better).  I’m not confident either Atlanta or the Nets will be that good.  Could end up being a mid-first rounder, this could be decent.

2016 – The rebuild starts? If everyone stuck around they’re 31 (DW), 34 (JJ), 38 (PP), 39 (KG), 27 (BL).  I think everyone but Lopez will be toast.  Won’t have much cap room until after the season.  Sure they can make trades, and completely overhaul their roster.  But I like my chances that the 2016 Nets won’t be good.

2017 – ??? Too far out to really speculate.  Could be a lottery pick, or could be mid or late first round?  This team will likely need to rebuild at some point before this, and that usually takes a while.

So we can get 2013 (low), 2014 (low), 2016 (potential to be high).
Or 2013 (low), 2015 (possibly mid?), 2017 (potential to be high).

I really think this could be like when the Grizzlies traded a 1st round pick that ended up being #2 in 2003, for 34 year old Otis Thorpe in ’97.

It’s tough to really speculate, as anything could happen.  But I think 2015 could be a decent pick, and any picks after that could be really good.

Basically, I don’t think this will be 3 late first rounders as some are speculating.  Sure it’s a long way off, but this could be huge a few years down the road.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:20:59 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2013, 03:54:01 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2423
I think they will do a KG for Humphries + pick(s). And then send Pierce somewhere else in a separate trade. Or maybe in a larger 3/4 team deal.

« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
I doubt Ainge will take backk Wallace's crazy contract more likely a nets proposal,  hence the talk of a 3 team trade,  ppl need to stop believing every trade rumour leaked by other teams
In general off the top of my head I remember many more deals that were not rumored beforehand happen than ones that are widely rumored.

Not saying there wouldn't  be a deal,  just may not involve Wallace coming here
If we are getting Wallace and if,  perhaps we get to dump one or more of bass/terry/lee

Danny has proven that he'll stick to his price see clips Celtic talk and he will not make a deal for the sake of it

« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think they will do a KG for Humphries + pick(s). And then send Pierce somewhere else in a separate trade. Or maybe in a larger 3/4 team deal.

Does KG agree to go to Brooklyn without Paul though?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2013, 04:00:15 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

I hope so. That would make a whole lot more sense.

« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2013, 04:00:51 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I agree with the idea that the 2015/2017 picks could be decent. Another thing to note is that if the Nets move Brooks for a 1st rounder (as rumored), they could include that pick in a Celtics deal and end up with something like:

2013 (from a 3rd team)/2014/2016
2014/2015 (from a 3rd team)/2016

And so forth.

Obviously there is no guaranteed lottery pick in the mix, but if we came out of the off-season with 4 1st rounders and salary relief for Rivers, KG, Pierce that's a helluva overnight rebuild. Cumulatively we'd have:

Rondo, Bradley, Sullinger, Green ("the core")
+ 8 1st rounders in 4 years
+ cap space

By the time we were done with veterans like Bass and Lee, it might even be 9+ picks.

« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Does KG agree to go to Brooklyn without Paul though?

What about KG for Humphries + 3 picks and we agree to buy out Pierce with a wink wink. Stern would have a heart attack.