Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 105934 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #660 on: June 28, 2013, 07:08:11 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Hmm, so the nets traded 3 first round picks and right to swap another year for a probable 3rd place finish in the Eastern Conference.

In danny I trust
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #661 on: June 28, 2013, 07:11:06 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hmm, so the nets traded 3 first round picks and right to swap another year for a probable 3rd place finish in the Eastern Conference.

In danny I trust

this is how I see it, too.

nobody ever said, "Man, I really wish I hadn't made that trade with Billy King!"
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #662 on: November 23, 2015, 04:53:39 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I like it, even if we can't swap for Smith as well. It'd be awesome if we could.

Rondo/TWill
Bradley/Lee
Green/Wallace
Smith/Sully
Evans/Melo

I'll take that ANY day. I love that roster. Probably the greatest defensive team ever.

Me too! Am I the only one elated to be moving on from KG, Doc, Pierce and Terry?

"Elated"?

Yeah, what did those bums ever do for us, anyway?

Terry, I'll give you.  I'm surprised that any Celtics fan is gleefully celebrating that we'll no longer get to watch Pierce and KG, though.

Because for me, it was time to move on. The brand of Celtic basketball that we were seeing toward the end of this season and going into the playoffs was awful. I am judging Pierce and KG for their current abilities, now what they were able to do 5 years ago.

Prediction:  The brand of Celtics basketball we'll be seeing going forward will be much more awful.

My prediction: We see a more exciting Celtics team which will be tougher and more fun to watch than a team of old guys taking nights off while limping into the playoffs with a 7 seed and then laying an egg vs the Knicks.

Who needs this:

... when you can have this?

Yea because the c's were really going to be title contenders if they kept KG and PP, with Rondo and Sully coming back from major surgeries.... ::)

Yeah, because bad contracts and late round draft picks are the keys to championship contention.  ::)

We came one win away from the NBA Finals two years ago.  Which is more likely, 1) that that team could have contended after a year lost to injury, or 2) a bunch of late-round picks will lead us to the promised land?

first of all....

You have no idea those picks are going to be late 1st round. They could just as easily be lottery picks. What are the Nets going to be when kg and pp are gone in 2 years, and as Williams and Johnson continue to age ?

Did you watch PP in the playoffs ? he is not a #1 option anymore, and has lost more than a step. KG is 37 with bone spurs in both ankles .

Wallace's contract will be a valuable expiring in a few years who we can use in trades with some of the picks we are getting .

But let's just keep bashing it because KG and PP are going to lead us to a title !!!!!!!!!!

TP rondohondo lol
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.