Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 105758 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 01:26:28 PM »

Offline kingtutts

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
 As a die hard C's fan and Brooklyn resident and season ticket holder, I would be very very favorable to this deal.

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:17 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I can't see any deal happening with BK. They gave up a bunch to put that squad together last year. I'd be really surprised.

Maybe this signals the fact that KG & PP have indicated Danny better move them to the same team? Not unlikely.

Wallace used to be a pretty rugged player for Charlotte. Haven't seen that guy in a while.

I could see the Nets REALLY wanting to do this

PG Williams
SG Johnson
SF Pierce
PF KG
C Lopez

that is a line up that allows them to win the division and it only costs them wallace and humphries

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
guys what if we are just going to flip wallace someone might take him? atl?
Yeah I don't see how this trade makes much sense for the C's without a third team or us sending some of our other contracts their way.

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:30 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
This would give the celtics 7 first rounders in the next 3 drafts for what its worth

Exactly.  Assets.

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
guys what if we are just going to flip wallace someone might take him? atl?

That's the only way it makes sense to me, but I can't imagine what team would want to give up value to pay Wallace $30 million for the next 3 years.

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2013, 01:28:30 PM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
Deleted.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:12:45 AM by Afam »

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I can't see any deal happening with BK. They gave up a bunch to put that squad together last year. I'd be really surprised.

Maybe this signals the fact that KG & PP have indicated Danny better move them to the same team? Not unlikely.

Wallace used to be a pretty rugged player for Charlotte. Haven't seen that guy in a while.

PG Williams
SG Johnson
SF Pierce
PF KG
C Lopez

that is a line up that allows them to win the division and it only costs them wallace and humphries
I'm having a hard time calling this a "cost".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »

Offline Sully7

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Lopez is the only thing of any value on the Nets....I hate an idea of any trade with them.

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2013, 01:29:02 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
There were rumors that the Nets were looking to move MarShon Brooks to the Timberwolves for the 26th pick.

I wonder if the 22nd and 26th picks in this year's draft are two of the picks.

As noted earlier, the Hawks have the right to swap picks with the Nets in 2014 and 2015.

So one low 1st for Pierce, one low 1st for KG, and one low 1st for taking back Wallace's contract?  Doesn't seem like enough to me.  Awful.

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2013, 01:29:25 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

PG Williams
SG Johnson
SF Pierce
PF KG
C Lopez

What happened to the picks ?

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2013, 01:29:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why do some fans overrate the worth of Kg and Paul pierce at this stage of their careers. They are old now. 36 and 37 respectively. If you can get three first round picks for them added with brooks who is a good prospect, you take that and run before the nets Change their minds.
No-one's overrating them. Taking Wallace's contract defeats the purpose of the transaction.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Why do some fans overrate the worth of Kg and Paul pierce at this stage of their careers. They are old now. 36 and 37 respectively. If you can get three first round picks for them added with brooks who is a good prospect, you take that and run before the nets Change their minds.

brooks isn't mentioned in the deal...i think the sticking point is not the 3 picks or even humphries because he expires..it is 3 years of wallace

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Dumping Wallace's contract on our books is probably worth two low picks in and of itself.

« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
a lot of these picks are going to be used in trades

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
No-one's overrating them. Taking Wallace's contract defeats the purpose of the transaction.
This:

We'd be giving up the best two players and getting the worst contract (and longest) back.

3 picks that are going to be low is s tough sell for that.