Author Topic: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works  (Read 105925 times)

Re: Boston BKN Blockbuster deal in works
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
One of those 3 picks would have to be in 2014...can't project it out to 15 or 16...need multiple picks next year

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 01:20:07 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Imagine a team with wallace, humphries, bass, terry and coach by Del Negro...just awful

only 5 guys worth a [dang] would be rondo, bradley, lee, sully and green

Picks will be low and if they are high...atlanta can swap with the nets..so the picks would be about what they are getting from the clippers

I really don't know why you keep talking about Del Negro.  He hasnt been tied to the celtics in any recent report.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The 3 1st round draft picks wouldn't be worth getting Wallace's terrible contract.
Worse yet, he cannot be amnestied, and was advised against playing PF after the series of concussions he suffered at some point. Just dandy.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 01:22:02 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I wouldn't want nothing out of Brooklyn other than first round picks and Brook Lopez. Wallace and Kardashian can stay.

Draft night might be interesting for tha C's tho.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 01:22:23 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Imagine a team with wallace, humphries, bass, terry and coach by Del Negro...just awful

Picks will be low and if they are high...atlanta can swap with the nets..so the picks would be about what they are getting from the clippers

You understand you're trying to rebuild, right ?

You do it for the opportunity to clear cap space & land 3 first round picks to help the rebuild along.

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Not surprising that Brooklyn would be a trade candidate - they're definitely willing to spend to make a splash. 

But I can't see us taking back Wallace's deal, that would seriously damage our long-term flexibility.  Especially with how weak those 1sts are likely to be.  Does Brooklyn own any other team's picks?

Wonder if there's a reasonable way to add Terry's deal to the mix - that would help a little bit if whatever's coming back expires a bit earlier.

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2013, 01:23:24 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I really don't know why you keep talking about Del Negro.  He hasnt been tied to the celtics in any recent report.

don't think any coach has been tied to the celtics...but I do think he will be considered because he would be cheap...and i put imagine that team with him as coach...hypothetical

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 01:23:25 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

You do it for the opportunity to clear cap space & land 3 first round picks to help the rebuild along.
This trade doesn't clear cap space, it costs us cap space.

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2013, 01:23:43 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I am sorry, I just can't imagine rooting for Wallace next year.  Uggg...

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2013, 01:24:41 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I can't see any deal happening with BK. They gave up a bunch to put that squad together last year. I'd be really surprised.

Maybe this signals the fact that KG & PP have indicated Danny better move them to the same team? Not unlikely.

Wallace used to be a pretty rugged player for Charlotte. Haven't seen that guy in a while.

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2013, 01:25:09 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

This trade doesn't clear cap space, it costs us cap space.

thank you. Wallace has what 3 more years at per? the picks are picks..mid to low first rounders..i get that...i don't get taking on more heavy salary when pierce can come off this year or next (without taking on someone like wallace) and KG is most likely going to retire after this season

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2013, 01:25:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Are we trying to get the 22th pick as part of this package perhaps?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2013, 01:25:26 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

don't think any coach has been tied to the celtics...but I do think he will be considered because he would be cheap...and i put imagine that team with him as coach...hypothetical

Yes coaches have been tied the the celtics, specifically one of the spurs assistants.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
guys what if we are just going to flip wallace someone might take him? atl?
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
This would give the celtics 7 first rounders in the next 3 drafts for what its worth