Author Topic: The Evolution of ESPN and Draft Express Mock Drafts  (Read 1274 times)

The Evolution of ESPN and Draft Express Mock Drafts
« on: June 24, 2013, 12:23:10 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Steve Van Horn of the Bucks blog Brew Hoop has put together some looks at how the mock drafts at Draft Express and ESPN have evolved over a couple of iterations.

Players who have been drafted ahead of #16 in every version (both sites, unless noted)
Nerlens Noel
Ben McLemore
Shabazz Muhammad
Cody Zeller
Alex Len
Anthony Bennett
Victor Oladipo
Otto Porter
Michael Carter-Williams
Trey Burke (ESPN only)
Mason Plumlee (ESPN only)

I'd guess that MCW and Plumlee are the onl guys in that bunch who have a shot of dropping to #16, so you should probably stop talking about the Celtics drafting anyone else on that list unless you are proposing that the Celtics trade up.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Re: The Evolution of ESPN and Draft Express Mock Drafts
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 12:55:59 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd disagree only in that I could see Shabazz potentially falling.  Otherwise, that sounds about right.  The other guys, with the exception of Plumlee and maybe MCW, are definitely gone before us.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain