Author Topic: Possible Fix to Celtics/Clippers Trade?  (Read 3494 times)

Possible Fix to Celtics/Clippers Trade?
« on: June 16, 2013, 08:08:44 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
What if we exclude the picks?

Let them keep those and allow us to get Bledsoe.

I'd be willing to give them a first if it meant them accepting the deal.

I like Marcus Smart

Re: Possible Fix to Celtics/Clippers Trade?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:19:37 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'd want Caron Butler for Terry and Lee. Or Bass+Crawford for Butler and Willie Green.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I don't think KG/Doc for DJ/Bledsoe is enough for the C's at this point. I doubt it will be. Doc is a real commodity and people seem to be overlooking his value in attracting free agents.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:17:54 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
To be honest with you, I am now no longer sure I think the Celts are making the right call by rejecting the Clippers offer.

I think landing a young talented center in Jordan and a draft pick might be the best offer the Celts get for old man Garnett and Rivers.

Remember, you can then flip Jordan and use him and/or Rondo, Bradley, etc in a trade package for another player/s.

I am actually now wondering if the Celts could land Jordan from sending KG/Doc and then package Rondo, Jordan, Bradley and send them to Orlando for Jameer Nelson,
Nikola Vucevic, and either Aaron Afflalo or Orlando's 2nd pick in this year's draft.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't think KG/Doc for DJ/Bledsoe is enough for the C's at this point. I doubt it will be. Doc is a real commodity and people seem to be overlooking his value in attracting free agents.

Not quite sure I know what you mean.

How is Doc a commodity who attracts free agents?

I mean he really hasn't attracted any big names to Boston except for maybe Sheed and Shaq and I think that had as much to do with Pierce/KG being here.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:13 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney

I mean he really hasn't attracted any big names to Boston except for maybe Sheed and Shaq and I think that had as much to do with Pierce/KG being here.

Doc is the most liked coach in the league, I'm pretty sure. He's a great people's person, and can inspire others (It gives the team heart). Ubuntu was completely brilliant. This is his biggest strength.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/04/nba-players-poll-stan-van-gundy-least-popular-coach-doc-rivers-most-popular/

I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 06:58:55 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Doc is the most liked coach in the league, I'm pretty sure. He's a great people's person, and can inspire others (It gives the team heart). Ubuntu was completely brilliant. This is his biggest strength.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/04/nba-players-poll-stan-van-gundy-least-popular-coach-doc-rivers-most-popular/

At this point, the only free agent Doc needs to attact is CP3.  That should be enough to satisfy the Clippers.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 07:00:25 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em

Not sure why people hang onto this idea.

Who has he attracted recently? Jason Terry? lol
DKC Suns

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 07:03:35 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Anyone think Mike D'Antoni would still finish second if they did that poll today?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 03:17:29 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney

Anyone think Mike D'Antoni would still finish second if they did that poll today?

Mike's system is probably the most fun to play in. It's no wonder why players would want to play with him - they get so much freedom, etc.

Doc's name is highest among guys like Popovich, Carlisle, and Adelman.

I would say yeah, D'Antoni is still going to be high on that list.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney

Not sure why people hang onto this idea.

Who has he attracted recently? Jason Terry? lol

I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd be willing to give them a first if it meant them accepting the deal.
What?

That's crazy. If the C's are sending out players and going with a youth movement their draft picks are going to be high ones, probably lottery.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Still confused by people over and over again referring to DeAndre Jordan as a talented player. Would his own mother even consider him a talented player.

I mean I know if you make the NBA you have more talent than people who don't make the NBA but its being used loosely when discussing Jodan.

I'd happily trade them our talented big in Fab. I'd stop short of our highly talented Brandon Bass though

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 03:28:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
D'Antoni on the list

What has he ever won, one of the most over rated coaches.  He basically rode Steve Nash's coat tail.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Why give up a 1st if we're rebuilding?

Anyway, the Clipper are massively overvaluing Bledsoe, and wouldn't take the two picks for him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes