Author Topic: Simmons: we want Bledsoe to try and flip him and Pierce for Josh Smith  (Read 7529 times)

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Rondo, Smith and Jordan on the same team is like tanking the ft% category in fantasy.

and the FG% category

???

Rondo and Deandre are excellent in fg% and Josh Smith is at 47% for his career even with increased shot volume. I get that they aren't all necessarily the best outside shooters, but in fg% I would fully expect to be near the top of my league with these three on my roster.
The question would be can they get the same high% shots on a team bereft of shooters to space the floor?

yep, that's my concern
On the bright side THE DUNKS! THE BLOCKS! BASKETS AT THE RIM! OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS!

NO!!!!!!!!!

GET BACK ON DEFENSE AND RUN THE OFFENSE!

;D

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Not to fare fetched , I could also see Bledsoe flipped for milsap
Good call, I'm not sure that makes the team any better than a six seed next year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I just listened to the podcast... it was just Simmons coming up with an idea.  He pointed out he didn't have any inside info he was just coming up with an interesting option as he always does.

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
Another shooter we can look to is Redick. DA had interest in him at the deadline and he would probably be a good fit.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Another shooter we can look to is Redick. DA had interest in him at the deadline and he would probably be a good fit.
Hopefully not. We have Lee already.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
Hopefully not. We have Lee already.

I am assuming Lee goes somewhere in one of the 3 hypothetical trades proposed. LAC, ATL or NO
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If Ainge wants to flip Bledsoe in another trade, perhaps that means that Ainge is very unwilling to part with either Bradley or Sullinger as that young player that other teams ask for in a trade.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I don't think the deal will ever happen ( Bledsoe ) to Celtics .    Clippers don't have the balls to do it and then risk Cp3 not sign and go with DH somewhere else . 

CP3 is not going to commit to just DOC and KG at LAC , before DH's destination is more apparent ........

DH is the more atractive partner for CP3 ........ so I believe Clippers will first try and land DH12 with Griffin and Bledsoe trade and Hollns  as their  coach......if this is rejected by Lakers .....which I believe will happen ...they let DH walk away.  DH and CP 3 disappear from LA town to TEXAS

then Clippers lose CP3 to who ever gets DH.....most likey

Doc becomes a TV commentator (good riddance ) ,  falls out of love with Celtics for a long time...

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If the Celts really want Josh Smith, why don't they (and I know this isn't very likely) just use either Pierce, KG and/or both in a deal to Atlanta for a sign and trade of Smith.

Maybe Atlanta also adds in another player or two (Pachulia, Lou Williams) to even out the salaries if both Pierce and KG are traded?

Wouldn't KG waive his no trade clause if he gets dealt to the same team with Pierce?

And here in Boston you have that Rondo/Smith pairing along with Josh Smith. I also do think Lou Williams is a great player and would be a great addition to a "rebuilding" Celtic team

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
If the Celts really want Josh Smith, why don't they (and I know this isn't very likely) just use either Pierce, KG and/or both in a deal to Atlanta for a sign and trade of Smith.

Atlanta would want draft picks or young players in return, not Pierce and KG.  If that's Ainge's plan, it's probably because he doesn't want to trade Sullinger or Bradley with Pierce.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
i think its bigger than that. not only does danny believe in sully and bradley, but both provide way more value than their rookie contract salaries imply.

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
i think its bigger than that. not only does danny believe in sully and bradley, but both provide way more value than their rookie contract salaries imply. theyre both starter caliber on rookie contracts, you got to keep those types of players for flexability.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
If we did get Josh Smith we'd essentially have to make him a Lebron prototype taking the majority of his shots around the rim.

He just cannot shoot. His stats are almost identical to his rookie season. The difference is when he was a rookie and 2nd/3rd year player, the majority of his shots were around the rim and in the paint- he'd get more offensive rebounds and more putbacks.
He's basically gotten much better as a player but his efficiency has dropped terribly because of his shot selection. I always had no idea why Larry Drew let him take so many jumpshots...may be to let Al Horford have space in the paint but it just didn't make sense.

Smith is like Dwight Howard but he's shooting jumpshots.
If we can get him to stay in the paint or even put him at center it could work. Make him rebound and get putbacks/easy looks from Rondo.
Anyway, here's his jumpshooting stats over his career. Just gastly...
http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Josh%20Smith

I really don't know what he'd bring to the team unless we keep him as a KG replacement without the jumpshot and more finishing/strength around the rim. His defense and basket protection is good but his defensive awareness and help still need fixing. It would be great to have KG to guide him for a season or two. I guess he can sprint the floor with Green and Rondo which would be a high flyers club.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I always had no idea why Larry Drew let him take so many jumpshots...may be to let Al Horford have space in the paint but it just didn't make sense.

Because benching him doesn't work and Smith is simply better than his backups.

If Josh Smith had been a Celtic this past season, rebounding like a hoss and taking too many bad jumpshots, how many games would you have tolerated Doc benching Smith and playing Bass for 30+ minutes?

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'd prefer to keep Bledsoe. I think he and Jordan could be really solid players if given the opportunity... especially alongside Rondo and Green. We would run like mad, and Bledsoe is such a nice back-up PG that we have lacked for years.

If you watch highlight reels of these guys, their athleticism is off the charts. Bledsoe literally makes no sense physically - he's absurd. That's exactly what you're looking for in a rebuild... they're exciting now, assets for the future, and both have potential to be groomed into good players
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:29:21 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC