Author Topic: Simmons: we want Bledsoe to try and flip him and Pierce for Josh Smith  (Read 7544 times)

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
We would have to hope that our turnover creation is good enough to make up for that. There would be a ton of steals, blocks and forced bad passes. They could potentially be like the Nuggets except even less shooting.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Rondo, Smith and Jordan on the same team is like tanking the ft% category in fantasy.

and the FG% category

???

Rondo and Deandre are excellent in fg% and Josh Smith is at 47% for his career even with increased shot volume. I get that they aren't all necessarily the best outside shooters, but in fg% I would fully expect to be near the top of my league with these three on my roster.

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I have no idea why we let Doc Rivers go without getting something really valuable for him. He's a great coach and players love him.

KG/Doc for DJ/1st is not enough to give up our coach. It's actually barely enough for KG alone as far as I'm concerned. DJ is a bad contract for his contributions. His playoff #s are horrid. His coach wouldn't play him more than 25 minutes in the playoffs and opted for Odom and Turiaf in place of him. This is actually a pattern from year to year which indicates he's not getting much better.

I hope the C's don't settle.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Rondo, Smith and Jordan on the same team is like tanking the ft% category in fantasy.

and the FG% category

???

Rondo and Deandre are excellent in fg% and Josh Smith is at 47% for his career even with increased shot volume. I get that they aren't all necessarily the best outside shooters, but in fg% I would fully expect to be near the top of my league with these three on my roster.

normally yes, but if these guys are all on the same lineup then teams will pack the paint and force them to shoot jumpers

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

and the FG% category

???

The question would be can they get the same high% shots on a team bereft of shooters to space the floor?

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

and the FG% category

???

The question would be can they get the same high% shots on a team bereft of shooters to space the floor?

yep, that's my concern

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
What if we could alleviate the offensive problems by making another trade as well.
Alter the Smith trade to be Bledsoe, Bass and Lee for Smith
And Pierce and Bradley to NO for Eric Gordon.

Shoot for a big in the draft to pair with Sully as front court depth, and see if we can't recruit a couple of decent bench scorers to pair with Crawford and TWill. 

Jordan, Smith, Green, Gordon, and Rondo is a good starting five that could play good D and put some points on the board.  I'm probably putting too much value on our guys, but that NOs trade was rumored before and the hawks may take what they can get on a sign and trade.  They would be getting their guy, Bledsoe.

All this means nothing, though, if the Clipper deal doesn't happen or doesn't include Bledsoe.
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

and the FG% category

???

yep, that's my concern
On the bright side THE DUNKS! THE BLOCKS! BASKETS AT THE RIM! OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS!

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

and the FG% category

???

yep, that's my concern

Ughhh, I was simply responding to the claim that having those three on a fantasy team would be punting fg%. In real life, the concern is totally valid, although I don't doubt Rondo's ability to create and get into the paint.

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
why does Atlanta want Bledsoe when they already have Teague?

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

and the FG% category

???

yep, that's my concern
On the bright side THE DUNKS! THE BLOCKS! BASKETS AT THE RIM! OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS!

Rebounds?? I forgot what those look like!

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Yeah, this ain't happening.

another nugget of wisdom from our resident inside source
TP
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
why does Atlanta want Bledsoe when they already have Teague?

Yea this is a great point; Teague is a great player, I wish we could have him.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Not to fare fetched , I could also see Bledsoe flipped for milsap
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Not to fare fetched , I could also see Bledsoe flipped for milsap

that's actually a great idea and a very real possibility. The celtics have had interest in Milsap, and the Jazz need a PG and won't keep all of their PFs