Author Topic: Simmons: we want Bledsoe to try and flip him and Pierce for Josh Smith  (Read 7540 times)

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Makes sense. Easy to believe.
It does what better way than to smoothly transition the team to Rondo's when well obviously be rebuilding and a losing team at first, get his best friend here. He can actually have pull in getting him here too.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Maybe we could trade Bradley, salary filler, and some picks for Eric Gordon? That would certainly help round out that lineup:

Rondo
Gordon
Green
Smith
Jordan

I like it.

Rondo/T-Will(?)
Gordon/Lee or Terry
Green/(?) -- Free agent?
Smith/Bass/Sully
Jordan/Bass/Melo?Shav?

it's not necessarily win now, but it's definitely a team to disrupt some people

how many games does this team win?

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I'm not much of a Smith fan and hate the idea of hack-a-Celtic, but this would make for an interesting team and, depending on how Green, Jordan/Melo develop, could be a pretty decent team to build on.

Not sure I can see why Atlanta does this unless they are pretty sure they can pick up DH and/or CP.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Maybe we could trade Bradley, salary filler, and some picks for Eric Gordon? That would certainly help round out that lineup:

Rondo
Gordon
Green
Smith
Jordan

I like it.

Rondo/T-Will(?)
Gordon/Lee or Terry
Green/(?) -- Free agent?
Smith/Bass/Sully
Jordan/Bass/Melo?Shav?

with a decent coach, 50 wins. With Vinny Del Negro, 31.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I'm not much of a Smith fan and hate the idea of hack-a-Celtic, but this would make for an interesting team and, depending on how Green, Jordan/Melo develop, could be a pretty decent team to build on.

Not sure I can see why Atlanta does this unless they are pretty sure they can pick up DH and/or CP.

they do it because Josh Smith is an unrestricted FA who is leaving anyway

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Rondo
Gordon
Green
Smith
Jordan

I like it.

Rondo/T-Will(?)
Gordon/Lee or Terry
Green/(?) -- Free agent?
Smith/Bass/Sully
Jordan/Bass/Melo?Shav?

with a decent coach, 50 wins. With Vinny Del Negro, 31.

ROFL!
poor Vinny

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
my next question is...if we don't get Bledsoe, is there a guy that Atlanta would want that we have? or a couple?

Because in the event this LAC trade falls thru, is Josh Smith and KG really a bad front court? Well, I guess then you have to assume KG would stick around with his butt-buddy Pauly  ::)

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
All of the different talk is mind numbing but I don't like the idea of Josh Smith.  I recognize he is a good player and would make us younger but we would have to commit $$$ and years to him and then that would be it.  That is our team plus or minus a few MLEs for the next 3-4 years.

I am not high enough on Rondo or Smith to think a team headed by them is good enough to do much.  I doubt we would even be as good as NJ was this year.

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
I think you would have Rondo + Smith and then let everyone else go so you could sign a third star. Then build around that. Not a bad plan if that's the case.

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Smith loves boston and i actually think he has a pretty good rapport with all the boston players. He has stated publically that when they play in atlanta its almost like another home game for the celtics. Smith should know he isnt worth max money

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I think you would have Rondo + Smith and then let everyone else go so you could sign a third star. Then build around that. Not a bad plan if that's the case.

That 3rd star better be a Durant-like shooter or else we're srewed

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Yeah, this ain't happening.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Rondo, Smith and Jordan on the same team is like tanking the ft% category in fantasy.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Rondo, Smith and Jordan on the same team is like tanking the ft% category in fantasy.

and the FG% category

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Yeah, this ain't happening.

another nugget of wisdom from our resident inside source