Author Topic: Simmons: we want Bledsoe to try and flip him and Pierce for Josh Smith  (Read 7554 times)

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I am listening to his BS report podcast he did this morning.  He said he has "some" inside info didn't really want to put it out there but said he thinks we want Bledsoe to flip with Pierce/Bradley etc certain pieces for Josh Smith to team up with Rondo. It was pretty interesting and bet that is what what Ainge is trying to do. It's Rondos team now team him up with his old buddy and try and recruit pieces here.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
while a front court of jordan and smith would be really athletic and exciting, neither can shoot ft's . Add Rondo's ft shooting , and that is not good at end of games......

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
He also suggested Pierce to Cleveland which I could see as a decent idea too.

I'm not a big Smith guy, but maybe he and Rondo could bring out the best in each other.  A Pierce and Bledsoe/Bradley for Smith trade is really one that Atlanta cannot refuse.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Makes sense. Easy to believe.

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
The only way I like this is if we bring in George Karl. We'd be built similar to the Sonics teams of the 90s, with Rajon playing Payton, Smith as Kemp and Green as Detlef...i'm not too excited about this prospect though. Seems like a mediocore team at best.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Makes a lot of sense, and Rondo is close with Josh Smith. We need more though if we hope to contend. Rondo, Jordan, Green, Smith and Bradley leaves us with a huge lack of shooting/scoring, even moreso than we've had the last few years. Heck of a defensive team though.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I am listening to his BS report podcast he did this morning.  He said he has "some" inside info didn't really want to put it out there but said he thinks we want Bledsoe to flip with Pierce/Bradley etc certain pieces for Josh Smith to team up with Rondo. It was pretty interesting and bet that is what what Ainge is trying to do. It's Rondos team now team him up with his old buddy and try and recruit pieces here.
That's his theory, I hope he's wrong. I'm a huge Josh Smith fan but a lineup of Jordan, Smith, Green, Bradley and Rondo is just good enough to get in the playoffs but not good enough to go anywhere.

On the other hand, I think that team would be so much fun to watch. They would be one of the most athletic teams in the league, but completely unable to shoot. For this to be a tenable lineup, Jeff Green, Avery Bradley and Rajon Rondo need to have career years in shooting. I think that they find a way to deal Pierce and not take on a long term contract, though.

Also, in this podcast he talks about how Nerlens Noel might be slipping because his posse hasn't allowed him to take meetings with agents. They are worrying that his crew might be a bad influence. Also that he has an injury history from when he got hurt soph year of high school. I wonder if he slips a little in the draft to the point that we can come up and get him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Maybe we could trade Bradley, salary filler, and some picks for Eric Gordon? That would certainly help round out that lineup:

Rondo
Gordon
Green
Smith
Jordan

I like it.

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
you ole dirty dog, DA!
I love it!!

And DAJ + Josh Smith...come on, man. Yall can say DAJ is overrated now, but that's a solid front court.

*green tinted glasses* We would win games by margins so large that free throws wouldn't even matter */green tinted glasses*

also
that's not rebuilding
that's kinda just going young

ugh, this seems too good to be true though

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I don't think it's true.
We could ship them a first round pick and Avery Bradley for Josh Smith otherwise the Hawks get nada anyway.
Even then the first rounder will do.
Can't see Danny building a horrid team of shooters like that.
Rondo
Bradley
Green (ok shooter(
Smith
Jordan

Puke.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Carlos Delfino and Kyle Korver are also available if we need shooters. Just saying.

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
again, you guys are forgetting that we're on the small ball East Coast

Green is big at the 3.
You have a big, strong and athletic front court in DAJ and Smith
I think Rondo will come back a better shooter.
And you have to respect Greens 3 point shooting

not to mention, that if we DID keep AB, the defense of this unit is going to be crazy...even if it's just man on man.

I think yes, you still need some shooters and if you round your bench out with some, I think you put yourself in a VERY good position.

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Maybe we could trade Bradley, salary filler, and some picks for Eric Gordon? That would certainly help round out that lineup:

Rondo
Gordon
Green
Smith
Jordan

I like it.

At the end of the game substitute Sully for Jordan.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I don't think it's true.
We could ship them a first round pick and Avery Bradley for Josh Smith otherwise the Hawks get nada anyway.
Even then the first rounder will do.
Can't see Danny building a horrid team of shooters like that.
Rondo
Bradley
Green (ok shooter(
Smith
Jordan

Puke.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Rondo
Gordon
Green
Smith
Jordan

I like it.

At the end of the game substitute Sully for Jordan.

perfect