Author Topic: I think rondo is next  (Read 1199 times)

I think rondo is next
« on: June 27, 2013, 06:03:13 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Rondo is going to have to be traded as well if we are in full rebuild mode. The roster is not bad enough to be at the bottom of the league. I think 30-40 games is realistic with this group. Unless rondo sits out for most of the year, I don't see him sticking around.

Re: I think rondo is next
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 06:39:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They can just not clear him and he sits this year.   Problem solved via medical solution.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Unless we can trade Rondo for Tyreke and Cousins

I would be against letting Rondo go

Part of me still believes he will be a top 5 player in the league in a year or two

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 06:50:50 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Part of me still believes he will be a top 5 player in the league in a year or two
Rondo will never be a top 5 player.  Not only is he lacking the talent, he also has about hit his ceiling and I think will begin his decline sooner than most because of his playing style.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Rondo will be fine. Keep him unless he's comes back strong and the offers are insane.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I seriously doubt Rondo is going anywhere.  I also don't think Danny's aim is to make the team as bad as he possibly can. 

People are getting silly. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 10:46:32 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Rondo is not going anywhere unless we get great value for him, and by that I mean a very talented player, a superior player. Rondo is currently in a cheap contract, no way he's moving even if he becomes disgruntled.

In any case, I highly doubt that Ainge's goal is to build through the draft, I think he'll be actively trading for talent and the accumulation of 1st round draft picks will make this a probable reality.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 10:51:21 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I hope they trade him so he can avoid playing with this wretched group next year. Chris Humphries in a Celtics uniform. Get me the barf bag. And Gerald Wallace. Please. This is awful. I hate pro sports.

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 10:53:32 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
gary washburn ‏@GwashNBAGlobe 5m
For those Rondo fans, Danny Ainge said 1) he's not going to be traded and 2) he sees Rondo as a central cornerstone to bring around #celtics

Ben Rohrbach ‏@brohrbach 2m
Asked directly if Rondo was a superstar worth building around - a la Pierce in 2007 - Ainge said emphatically, "Yes."

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 10:54:28 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672

Rondo will never be a top 5 player.  Not only is he lacking the talent, he also has about hit his ceiling and I think will begin his decline sooner than most because of his playing style.

Disagree with a lot of that.  I don't really think he's a top 5 player at any point either, but he can climb another rung or two up the ladder just by continuing to refine that jumpshot and by starting to make free throws.

I actually see him as a player who plays at a high level for a long time.  This isn't the 2008/2009 Rondo who hit the floor hard a few times every game.  I actually feel that he plays a fairly controlled playstyle now, based more on smarts and awareness than athleticism and sheer effort.

He'll age just fine.   

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 10:55:36 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
this team is a mediocre team at best...if you're going to tank/rebuild...then...do it the right way and go all the way to the bottom...wining 20 - 30 games and getting a pick from 10 to 15 will not cut it...if you can't get value...sit him the whole year...derrick rose did...

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Also, there's no reason for Rondo to be leaving. This forum has become so reactionary

Look:

Spurs had a terrible year when they had David Robinson...this landed them duncan and that landed them 4 championships

The Lakers had a terrible year when they had kobe...this landed them bynum and 2 championships

The Heat had a terrible year when they had Wade...this got them Beasley who was then used to clear space for LeBron and Wade and 2 championships

The only teams that did not have to really live through a bad season in recently memory to become as successful as they became were:

The Mavs...it took them forever too
The Lakers with Shaq
The Heat with Shaq..but again they had to be bad to get Wade