Author Topic: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."  (Read 11576 times)

Re: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2013, 03:19:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
if they don't get bledsoe then tell them to p--- off.  i think it's funny that the clippers would balk at freaking eric bledsoe .   a title shot or bledsoe.  what a joke.  we're giving them a title opportunity and they haggle over garbage.  i'm in favor of moving on, but this whole thing is going to give the celts nothing.

Well that's just the problem. I am not so convinced that a 37 year old KG and Doc Rivers instantly makes the Clippers a title contender and it looks like the Clippers themselves aren't convinced of that either.

Otherwise, they'd be willing to offer Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and hell, even Drew Bledsoe ;D

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2013, 03:23:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Oh wow screw you Doc. Screw you so hard.

I am appalled by IP saying this.  :-X
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2013, 03:33:37 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
This is almost like when Pitino wouldn't include Eric Williams in a deal for Scottie Pippen.

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2013, 03:47:28 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
At this point, I think the only way this can be salvaged is if a 3rd team gets involved.

As reports state, the Clippers are also very interested in Aaron Afflalo from Orlando and Danny Granger from Indy.

So, the Celtics could conceivably try for one of these two trades (both 3 team deals.)

1.)Boston/Clippers/Orlando

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lon2qt3

Celts get - Jameer Nelson, Deandre Jordan, Caron Butler, Orlando's 2013 1st round pick (Ben McLemore), Clippers future 1st and 11 million trade exception from Orlando

Orlando gets - Rondo and Bledsoe

Clippers get - KG and Afflalo

2.)Boston/Clippers/Pacers

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lxvja3c

Celts get - Bledsoe, Butler, Jordan, future 1st from Clippers and Indiana's 2013 1st round draft pick.

Clippers get - KG, Danny Granger and Lance Stephenson

Pacers get - Rondo and Avery Bradley.

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
That's poor value for Rondo. We don't need to trade him just to make the Clippers deal work.

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2013, 04:17:28 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
At this point, I think the only way this can be salvaged is if a 3rd team gets involved.

As reports state, the Clippers are also very interested in Aaron Afflalo from Orlando and Danny Granger from Indy.

So, the Celtics could conceivably try for one of these two trades (both 3 team deals.)

Celts get - Jameer Nelson, Deandre Jordan, Caron Butler, Orlando's 2013 1st round pick (Ben McLemore), Clippers future 1st and 11 million trade exception from Orlando

Celts get - Bledsoe, Butler, Jordan, future 1st from Clippers and Indiana's 2013 1st round draft pick.

I'm not sure what that's trying to salvage other than being terrible.

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
The deal LA want to hand the Celtics is:

1st round pick 2013 + Deandre Jordan + Caron Butler.
Oh forgot DOC as well.

The deal Celtics want is:

1st round pick 2013 + Deandre Jordan + Caron Butler + Eric Bledsoe + a future 1st round pick.
Oh forgot DOC as well.

I assume the last pick will be in 2015 after KG is gone and the team stinks it up again.

Celtics want too much Clips too little. If you are rebuilding why not go with 2 firsts, Jordan and Butler. Assume Bulter is needed to make the numbers work. They will get Pierce when the Celtics buy him out so they don't need Butler. Bledsoe would be redundant if we keep Rondo. Would rather get some pieces we can use to get a Center and then get a backup PG in Free Agency.

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2013, 05:26:07 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

Oh forgot DOC as well.

1st round pick 2013 + Deandre Jordan + Caron Butler + Eric Bledsoe + a future 1st round pick.
Oh forgot DOC as well.

I assume the last pick will be in 2015 after KG is gone and the team stinks it up again.

Celtics want too much Clips too little. If you are rebuilding why not go with 2 firsts, Jordan and Butler. Assume Bulter is needed to make the numbers work. They will get Pierce when the Celtics buy him out so they don't need Butler. Bledsoe would be redundant if we keep Rondo. Would rather get some pieces we can use to get a Center and then get a backup PG in Free Agency.
bledsoe or bust. butler is garbage

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2013, 05:29:24 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Celtics and clippers didnt talk about any trade today

Wojo

« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2013, 05:31:43 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Celtics and clippers didnt talk about any trade today

Wojo

If I'm Ainge I'm only receiving calls. Not making any calls if I'm him to clipperland at all.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2013, 08:01:10 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
It's a good idea to get rid of Doc...get Bledsoe and draft Schroeder and dump Rondo.  Big improvement.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2013, 08:18:47 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Oh forgot DOC as well.

Oh forgot DOC as well.

bledsoe or bust. butler is garbage

We want Butler because he's an expiring deal. It's got nothing to do with him playing for us. He's a great trade asset. Just like DeAndre Jordan in 2 years except Jordan has a bit of upside playing with Rondo.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2013, 08:23:12 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Seems like a pretty laid back way to dump Rondo. I can see getting Orlando involved, but only so Clips can get Afflalo, Orl gets Bledsoe, and we get a guy like Harkless.

No way do I want to get rid of Rondo for anything less than someone spectacular.

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Doc Rivers hasn't ruled out "taking some time off" to resume his broadcasting career, before eventually returning as an NBA coach.

For the moment, talks about a potential deal freeing Doc to sign with the Clippers have stalled. The Celtics owe him $21 million over the next three seasons, which is a lot of cash to walk away from, but it remains a distinct possibility.
Source:

CSNNE.com

Trying to force the celtics to take the deal without bledsoe

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2013, 09:25:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Doc Rivers hasn't ruled out "taking some time off" to resume his broadcasting career, before eventually returning as an NBA coach.

For the moment, talks about a potential deal freeing Doc to sign with the Clippers have stalled. The Celtics owe him $21 million over the next three seasons, which is a lot of cash to walk away from, but it remains a distinct possibility.
Source:

CSNNE.com

Trying to force the celtics to take the deal without bledsoe

Yup. I've come around on this. I think Doc and possibly KG want to leave. If I were Danny, I'd take the Jordan and draft pick offer and run.

The hell with Eric Bledsoe.