Author Topic: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."  (Read 11593 times)

Re: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2013, 11:08:44 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
So at least this isn't going to drag out any longer....

If neither side budges soon, sources close to the situation expect the Clippers to change course by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest and name either Lionel Hollins or Brian Shaw as their new coach
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=9391832

That is bad news for Boston. Not enough time.

I don't see why it's bad news for Boston. We are not the ones that need to make this deal. If it doesn't happen, we still have options and are rebuilding either way. The Clippers however are screwed if it doesn't happen, because Chris Paul clearly wants Doc and KG, and he will walk unless they somehow come up with another comparable trade at the last minute. LA will in no way trade them Dwight Howard, and getting Afflialo or Granger for Bledsoe is not nearly enough to convince Paul to re-sign.

Ainge has them backed into a corner, he should refuse to deal unless they give us Bledsoe, Jordan, and both picks. The only possible compromise I would consider is making it one first rounder instead of 2 but making that 1st rounder an unprotected 2014 1st.

If the Clippers don't like it, tell them good luck introducing Hollins or Shaw to Chris Paul.

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
No Griffin, no deal.

and then we can trade Pierce and the two picks for Lebron

The Clippers are balking at including Bledsoe, and Forsberg called Ainge's request for Jordna, Bledsoe, and picks a "king's ransom". Do you really think Griffin's name ever came up by either team?

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
So at least this isn't going to drag out any longer....

If neither side budges soon, sources close to the situation expect the Clippers to change course by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest and name either Lionel Hollins or Brian Shaw as their new coach
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=9391832

That is bad news for Boston. Not enough time.

I don't see why it's bad news for Boston. We are not the ones that need to make this deal. If it doesn't happen, we still have options and are rebuilding either way. The Clippers however are screwed if it doesn't happen, because Chris Paul clearly wants Doc and KG, and he will walk unless they somehow come up with another comparable trade at the last minute. LA will in no way trade them Dwight Howard, and getting Afflialo or Granger for Bledsoe is not nearly enough to convince Paul to re-sign.

Ainge has them backed into a corner, he should refuse to deal unless they give us Bledsoe, Jordan, and both picks. The only possible compromise I would consider is making it one first rounder instead of 2 but making that 1st rounder an unprotected 2014 1st.

If the Clippers don't like it, tell them good luck introducing Hollins or Shaw to Chris Paul.

If we are going to waive Pierce I think the two first rounders should be non-negotiable. There's no way a free-agent Pierce doesn't sign with LAC if Danny and Doc are already on board. Otherwise I agree with you, although an unprotected future pick is probably more valuable then a 2014 pick coming from the Clippers (likely be 24-30 range).

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 02:14:26 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
I don't think the Clippers are going to budge.

They walked away from this deal at the trade deadline. And rightly so.

Deal makes even less sense now given that KG is another year older, they just missed out on his best remaining campaign, and, Boston is upping their demands by asking for two firsts for the inclusion of Doc.

Why make a worse deal 4-5 months after rejecting it? It didn't make sense for the Clippers then and it makes even less sense now.

I would be shocked if the Clippers came back and agree to this deal. Then again, they are the Clippers for the season (bad management/ownership). One can hope, right?

They only walked away because Garnett told them he wouldn't report.

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 02:17:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I don't think the Clippers are going to budge.

They walked away from this deal at the trade deadline. And rightly so.

Deal makes even less sense now given that KG is another year older, they just missed out on his best remaining campaign, and, Boston is upping their demands by asking for two firsts for the inclusion of Doc.

Why make a worse deal 4-5 months after rejecting it? It didn't make sense for the Clippers then and it makes even less sense now.

I would be shocked if the Clippers came back and agree to this deal. Then again, they are the Clippers for the season (bad management/ownership). One can hope, right?

They only walked away because Garnett told them he wouldn't report.

I do think Garnett not being enthused about making the deal could've been a major hurdle, but from reports from Clipper land, ownership and management were never on board with including Bledsoe in the deal, and it was VDN really pushing for it.

VDN isn't there anymore, management is, and so is Donald Sterling.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I think your gonna hear these talks pickup later tonight and in to tomorrow when it gets finalized. I see the Clippers caving after realizing they aren't going to get Dwight Howard. Unless they plan on keeping DJ and Bledsoe and throwing Griffin in as well to get Dwight to the Clips. But thats to much.

All in all again i think it gets done. To much has happened for Doc to be able to come back to Boston now.

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2013, 02:21:07 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
im not really sure how a low frst rounder, a Center who couldnt play in cruchtime and a backup point guard is a kings ransom when in return you are getting

kevin garnett..a starting center who can average 15ppg, Paul pierce who can average 18ppg and Doc rivers one of the top coaches in the nba

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
The Clippers are not going to win.  Anything.  Anytime soon.  Not enough relevant bigs.

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
This is doc vs Ainge now. Doc wants to keep Bledsoe. Ainge wants him. Ultimately I think doc realizes the only way he gets to coach kg another year or two is in clipperland and the only way that happens is if Bledsoe becomes a Celtic.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
This is doc vs Ainge now. Doc wants to keep Bledsoe. Ainge wants him. Ultimately I think doc realizes the only way he gets to coach kg another year or two is in clipperland and the only way that happens is if Bledsoe becomes a Celtic.

Is there a report for this or is this a hunch?

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

Woj posted a major reason the Clips are hesitant to give bledsoe to the Celts is because Doc made it clear to them he wants to coach both CP3/Bledsoe.

he's basically trying to dictate who they give up for him..

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2013, 02:27:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

All in all again i think it gets done. To much has happened for Doc to be able to come back to Boston now.

This !         doc has burned his bridges trying leave the henhouse with the chickens under his arm.

If I was one of the remaining Celtics.......aka.   Rondo....I would be steaming hot.

So yeah , I betting Rivers is history ,  wha if anything we get for him remains to be seen , if he wants out of his contract

That smoke saying that DA will take Doc back is smoke.... to prop up Doc value more..... 

Let's go for Bird as GM. .....get a new coach and forget Rivers forever.

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2013, 02:28:50 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Rivers has delivered word to Clippers management that they shouldn't include Bledsoe into a package for him, that he wants to coach him in Los Angeles, sources said. Yahoo! Sports
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2013, 02:29:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Oh wow screw you Doc. Screw you so hard.

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2013, 02:31:19 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Oh wow screw you Doc. Screw you so hard.

I think everyone should chill until we hear Doc's side of things. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson