Author Topic: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."  (Read 11575 times)

Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:07:48 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I think that they will eventually.. Here is an article from other side via Los Angeles times.

The Clippers and Celtics had more discussions Saturday about a deal involving Boston Coach Doc Rivers and power forward Kevin Garnett both coming to Los Angeles, but the Clippers feel as if the current asking price is too high, said NBA executives who asked not to be identified because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

The Celtics were asking the Clippers for center DeAndre Jordan, point guard Eric Bledsoe and first-round draft picks this year and in 2014 for Garnett and the right to hire Rivers, the executives said.

“The Clippers don’t want to do that,” one executive said.

The Clippers offered Jordan and a first-round pick either this year or next year, but Boston has refused that so far, the executives said.

The Clippers don’t want to trade Bledsoe, preferring to have the backup point guard available to exchange in future deals.

“The Clippers are not going to budge,” an executive said. “The Clippers don’t want to feel as if they are being taken advantage of. Boston wants to hurry up the deal because they know Doc wants to come to the Clippers.”

The Clippers would like to hire Rivers. He has three years remaining on his contract that pays him $7 million per year. NBA executives said Clippers owner Donald Sterling might be willing to pay Rivers $6 million a year over three years.

The Clippers also are being told that Garnett would be willing to waive his no-trade clause to join Rivers in Los Angeles, the executives said.

If the Clippers and Celtics can’t settle on a deal, L.A. plans on making an offer to either former Memphis coach Lionel Hollins or Indiana associate head coach Brian Shaw next week, the executives said.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-clippers-celtics-20130615,0,3570142.story
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 12:12:22 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Crazy. Yeah, wonder if Ainge will concede. Would giving up the picks make the difference?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 12:20:07 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Bledsoe would be nice but if we can get Jordan and picks for KG's corpse and a coach who doesn't want to be here, we should do it.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 12:22:23 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
i read somewhere that they don't want to give Bledsoe AND a pick, but i was under the impression that they'd be fine with either DJ+2 picks or DJ+Bledsoe+pick.

if i were ainge, i'd make the deal for Bledsoe, Jordan and either one of the 2 first-rounders. and then somehow find a way to get Pierce to the Clippers while acquiring Josh Smith, or something.
- LilRip

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 12:23:30 AM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Bledsoe would be nice but if we can get Jordan and picks for KG's corpse and a coach who doesn't want to be here, we should do it.

Pass. KG in 2013 is better than Jordan

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 12:28:07 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Pass. KG in 2013 is better than Jordan

It's about getting value for a player who is close to retirement. Not who is actually better for a contending team, since we are not.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 12:34:48 AM »

Offline jpurthe1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
The deal LA want to hand the Celtics is:

1st round pick 2013 + Deandre Jordan + Caron Butler.
Oh forgot DOC as well.

The deal Celtics want is:

1st round pick 2013 + Deandre Jordan + Caron Butler + Eric Bledsoe + a future 1st round pick.
Oh forgot DOC as well.

I assume the last pick will be in 2015 after KG is gone and the team stinks it up again.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:40:41 AM by jpurthe1 »

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 12:36:56 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Any team would like to hire Doc. He's a great coach. I just wanna know how does everyone know what Doc wants to do without him, anyone that covers tha Celtics, or anyone within tha Celtics organization coming out to say anything
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 12:39:03 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
if they don't get bledsoe then tell them to p--- off.  i think it's funny that the clippers would balk at freaking eric bledsoe .   a title shot or bledsoe.  what a joke.  we're giving them a title opportunity and they haggle over garbage.  i'm in favor of moving on, but this whole thing is going to give the celts nothing.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 12:39:50 AM »

Offline jpurthe1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
Any team would like to hire Doc. He's a great coach. I just wanna know how does everyone know what Doc wants to do without him, anyone that covers tha Celtics, or anyone within tha Celtics organization coming out to say anything

I think DOC and DANNY are trying to do the Celtics a solid by getting LAC & CELTICS happy with the deal that is consummated.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 01:13:23 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
if they don't get bledsoe then tell them to p--- off.  i think it's funny that the clippers would balk at freaking eric bledsoe .   a title shot or bledsoe.  what a joke.  we're giving them a title opportunity and they haggle over garbage.  i'm in favor of moving on, but this whole thing is going to give the celts nothing.
I was thinking the same thing, KG and Doc would change that whole culture around they're pretty stupid.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 01:34:09 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
I just want all this boo boo to end. This is more annoying than it is informing. I wonder if this is what Orlando fans felt like during tha "Dwightmare".

Looks like my boy Stephen A. was onto something tho.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 01:53:13 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I just want all this boo boo to end. This is more annoying than it is informing. I wonder if this is what Orlando fans felt like during tha "Dwightmare".

This is more annoying than being tied up in a metal chair while Stephen A Smith reads the Living section of the NY Times through a megaphone from 1 foot away.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 02:05:02 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown

This is more annoying than being tied up in a metal chair while Stephen A Smith reads the Living section of the NY Times through a megaphone from 1 foot away.

Aha yeah I'd rather that than this mess with tha Clippers. I would even rather entertain Krook's (wherever he is) 50 trade scenarios a day than this.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:05:20 AM by NocturnalRebel »
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 02:58:39 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I mean... i guess so.  Steven A suggested that we would get Blake Griffin for our elderlies.  Looks like the most the Clippers are willing to give up is a 25 year old who makes 10 million a year and just averaged 3.7 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.7 blocks in the playoffs.  In return they are asking for us to give up our two best per-minute players, our star coach and the entire culture of the team.