Author Topic: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."  (Read 11617 times)

Re: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 03:15:51 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I just want all this boo boo to end. This is more annoying than it is informing. I wonder if this is what Orlando fans felt like during tha "Dwightmare".

Looks like my boy Stephen A. was onto something tho.

This is more annoying than being tied up in a metal chair while Stephen A Smith reads the Living section of the NY Times through a megaphone from 1 foot away.

Aha yeah I'd rather that than this mess with tha Clippers. I would even rather entertain Krook's (wherever he is) 50 trade scenarios a day than this.

Krook's probably in a joy coma over the idea that Shav'll get way more minutes now.  ;D

I miss The Krook.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 05:07:24 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
So at least this isn't going to drag out any longer....

If neither side budges soon, sources close to the situation expect the Clippers to change course by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest and name either Lionel Hollins or Brian Shaw as their new coach
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=9391832
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 06:49:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If Danny doesn't give.   At least he can say he tried.  Still have Memphis interested in Doc.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 06:57:00 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
If they want affalo so bad then get Orlando in this for a three way. We send KG to LA for Deandre and a unprotected pick in 2014.And the 2nd pick in this draft.

LA gets KG Affalo and 2nd rd pick from Orlando.

Orlando gets Eric Beldsoe and Celtics 16th pick this year.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 07:00:56 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If they want affalo so bad then get Orlando in this for a three way. We send KG to LA for Deandre and a unprotected pick in 2014.And the 2nd pick in this draft.

helll no

so we don't get Bledsoe , but also only get one first round pick back from LA( likely mid 20's) , and we also give up our draft pick this year ?

That's awful

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 07:10:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
If Danny doesn't give.   At least he can say he tried.  Still have Memphis interested in Doc.

that would be deserving....... a huge pay cut.......

Send Doc to Orlando....to fall on his face

good riddance

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 07:16:17 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
too bad Danny can't dangle Doc at trade deadlines.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 07:21:48 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435

helll no

so we don't get Bledsoe , but also only get one first round pick back from LA( likely mid 20's) , and we also give up our draft pick this year ?

That's awful

Ok one it gets up Macklemore who will probably end up being better then bledsoe also yes the clippers pick wouldn't be anything to brag about but combined with our pick next year which would probably be a lotto pick is nice for trade options.

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 07:57:15 AM »

Offline kingtutts

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Danny should absolutely not budge nor waiver.  At all.  Make the Clippers pay his price or move on.  Hold firm Danny. I'd rather have Doc and KG rather than Bledsoe and Jordan.  I don't get the hype about either. 

DeMarcus Cousins will be a much better NBA player than Bledsoe or Joran anyhow.

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 07:58:18 AM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
If that's the case Ainge should tell them to go pound sand.

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 07:59:22 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

...  Steven A suggested that we would get Blake Griffin for our elderlies.  Looks like the most the Clippers are willing to give up is a 25 year old who makes 10 million a year and just averaged 3.7 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.7 blocks in the playoffs.  In return they are asking for us to give up our two best per-minute players, our star coach and the entire culture of the team.

Steven A. Smith's pretense the Celtic's could possibly get Blake Griffin in the deal strikes me as dishonest. He knows that isn't gonna happen, and he wouldn't want it too because he's an LA fan and could care less about Boston once Doc leaves. 

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 08:20:38 AM »

Offline Celtics Insider

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
What point of Dwight not being available does LA not understand? The LAL, according to sources, WON'T trade Howard to the LAC. They don't need Bledsoe to get Howard because they're not getting Howard.

To me, this is an easy decision for both teams. For the LAC, it immediately makes them title contenders. For us, it helps us "kickstart" our rebuild.
http://celticsinsider.freehostingcloud.com/
Celtics Insider - Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics And NBA!

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 08:56:22 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Big question is will Danny budge?

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 09:17:46 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
This isn't a case of getting "something" for KG before he leaves. A big part of the equation is whether we are better off holding onto KG another year, hope he retires next year when Pierce is up, and then have his expiring money to spend on a FA in 2014. So it really comes down to (if Bledsoe and more are not involved), what has more value Jordan and a first rounder or KG's money in 2014 (not to mention another year of our youngsters playing in the culture that KG brings to the C's).

Without sweeteners like Bledsoe, I think I opt for the latter.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:26:54 AM by Jon »

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 09:31:21 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
I think Danny is playing it correctly and I think we are in a decent position right now -- asking for a deal that would be decent value and refusing a deal that would not be. 

If the Clips don't budge (to me budging is adding EB), I believe there would still be other scenarios that could jump-start the rebuild process at least at well as the Clips current offer.  If the Clips do budge, the haul for Doc and KG in terms of assets is a decent start to the rebuild effort IMO.