Author Topic: Fire Ainge!  (Read 4533 times)

Re: Fire Ainge!
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Yeah let's go back to the pre-ainge days.

Not even...that 2006-2007 squad...if we had kept Big Al, Perk, G-Money, got assets for Pierce and tanked for Rose then we would have been in a MUCH BETTER position than we are now. Probably would be a contender this year/next year. Not to mention we could have traded the overrated Rondo for DMC/Tyreke.

Trading the title we won and the contender we were for the chance that we might be better when our window is closing is pure nonsense. There's no evidence at all that Danny ever had a DMC/Tyreke for Rondo offer available to him, and it's also true that those two have combined to win *nothing* for the Kings.

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2013, 03:45:34 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 792
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
NOPE. I DONT WANT DOC BACK

I'm so p---ed at him over this whole thing... he sucks. You signed a 5 year deal, MAN UP

I think it's part of their deal that Doc can re-evaluate his tenure every year. If not, I completely agree.
"The rim is looking bigger and bigger every game." - PP

http://tinyurl.com/ksomu8m

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2013, 04:15:48 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Jeff Green
  • Tommy Points: 79

Trading the title we won and the contender we were for the chance that we might be better when our window is closing is pure nonsense. There's no evidence at all that Danny ever had a DMC/Tyreke for Rondo offer available to him, and it's also true that those two have combined to win *nothing* for the Kings.

Jeff Green?

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 08:07:06 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 34
Can we fire the original poster.  Ainge has made up competitive again and we got a championship under his watch.

DA should have been fired long time ago for catastrophic money management. Financially speaking he is a totally incompetent.
Facts: Giving PP at age of 35, 15mill/year and giving KG at age of 36 12mill/year, leaving to go Ray for zero money and reducing the salary management in a wrong way where is does not know how to resolve this rebus he created. No anybody has analyzed poor money management he made and as consequence this team is in a critical financial situation almost impossible to see the future and built the future. PP case is only the top of iceberg.
Stop defendim him, if you feel yourself a Cs fan.In any kind of sports, the manager firstly takes care of money managment. If not, bye bye

You need to look a little more at the PP deal before you criticize it. When you consider the deal he opted out of and the non-guaranteed part of the new deal it's much better than you think it is.

Can not give a 35 years old player 15$ mill/season. Cant not bulit the team this way. No sir. This is the start point any mistale.

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 290
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Can we fire the original poster.  Ainge has made up competitive again and we got a championship under his watch.

DA should have been fired long time ago for catastrophic money management. Financially speaking he is a totally incompetent.
Facts: Giving PP at age of 35, 15mill/year and giving KG at age of 36 12mill/year, leaving to go Ray for zero money and reducing the salary management in a wrong way where is does not know how to resolve this rebus he created. No anybody has analyzed poor money management he made and as consequence this team is in a critical financial situation almost impossible to see the future and built the future. PP case is only the top of iceberg.
Stop defendim him, if you feel yourself a Cs fan.In any kind of sports, the manager firstly takes care of money managment. If not, bye bye

Could you please explain to us how much money he's made having a competitive team that showcases two HOFers?

If not for Pierce and KG, we'd be a lottery team. I don't know about you, but me and very many other basketball watchers appreciate their games very much. The income from the sales, jerseys, etc. over weighs their contracts by a lot.

Unless you can prove to me that Boston (a large market team) is losing money financially because Ainge gave Pierce/KG a large deal to keep them in Boston, I don't believe anything you are saying.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2013, 08:31:50 PM »

Online chambers

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 419
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Could you please explain to us how much money he's made having a competitive team that showcases two HOFers?

If not for Pierce and KG, we'd be a lottery team. I don't know about you, but me and very many other basketball watchers appreciate their games very much. The income from the sales, jerseys, etc. over weighs their contracts by a lot.

Unless you can prove to me that Boston (a large market team) is losing money financially because Ainge gave Pierce/KG a large deal to keep them in Boston, I don't believe anything you are saying.

lol this is 100% correct. KG and Pierce being here has kept the TD Garden full every night and made the ownership group so much money. The team is worth 700-800 million dollars isn't it?
Merchandise and TV deals through the roof and have been since KG, Pierce and Ray all signed huge deals. In fact Danny is making a negative financial move by trading Pierce, KG and Doc for the betterment of the future of the team's success. Eugen you are 100% wrong I'm sorry.
Danny Ainge tried to get CP3 & David West to add to KG, Pierce and Ray Allen. Just Imagine if the stars had aligned...

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »

Online pearljammer10

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 647
Sure lets fire the guy responsible for getting us banner number 17. Our first in 22 years. Awesome idea.
DKC: GM Boston Celtics: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuCTllmkG26udHRaa0xrWm1qZTExaHltaEdtZzVRNFE&usp=sharing#gid=50
PG:Rondo/Miller/Udrih/Dinwiddle
SG:Afflalo/Williams/Delladova
SF:Green/Young
PF:Hill/Powell
C:Hibbert/Nurcik/Bynum

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 09:13:23 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1041

You need to look a little more at the PP deal before you criticize it. When you consider the deal he opted out of and the non-guaranteed part of the new deal it's much better than you think it is.

Can not give a 35 years old player 15$ mill/season. Cant not bulit the team this way. No sir. This is the start point any mistale.

Pierce opted out of a contract that would have paid him $22M in it's final season. That's saving $7M on the first year of the contract in addition to all of the luxury tax money we saved that year. Again, you don't seem to understand the circumstances of the deal.

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 11:21:36 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
lol this is 100% correct. KG and Pierce being here has kept the TD Garden full every night and made the ownership group so much money. The team is worth 700-800 million dollars isn't it?
Merchandise and TV deals through the roof and have been since KG, Pierce and Ray all signed huge deals. In fact Danny is making a negative financial move by trading Pierce, KG and Doc for the betterment of the future of the team's success. Eugen you are 100% wrong I'm sorry.

PP and KG should be fine if they get arpund 7-8 mill/season. there are plenty of peple qorking form 25k/year and they feel happy. But is not here the real problem. Paying PP and KG 15 and 12 mill/season( all respecy fro them) does not help to have a healthy financial situation and no future.

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2013, 11:39:45 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 105
One thing stop throwing the Perk trade for the case DA is a bad GM argument. Right now Green is better than Perk.

the reason I remain angry about the Perk trade is the fact that Danny destroyed that team's chemistry and identity and cost us a great shot at #18 that year.

many people on this board simply don't understand the game well enough to know that stats are not everything.

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
Danny himself needs to go. Looks what he's turning the team into sh...t. I am sure he is losing totally the control of situation. He is sending out the coach 2 great important players for Cs, KG+PP and probably Bass and JET. He is trying to make other mistake maybe new version of Detroit Piston. He is jumping from disaster of  financial money management, to roster disaster. If he would not sing bog money contract for old players like Pp and KG, he was not force now to make this new disaster. Urgently ownership has to stop DA. Unless somebody like to see the team to fight for the very bottom part of East Conference for next 5 years
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:46:45 PM by eugen »

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2013, 07:21:48 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Brandon Bass
  • Tommy Points: 30
Danny needs to go. Fire him pronto and bring in someone who will take this life raft that has been given to us by the Clippers. DeAndre Jordan is only 24 years old! 24 years old, and hes big and can block shots. He is an upgrade over a washed up Garnett. Why does Danny always have to try and rip people off? Doc is a top 20 coach that was on his way out before he was gifted KG and Ray. This team had an opportunity to go back to youth which is the right way to build a team. Build like the Spurs and OKC not like the Celtics!

FIRE DANNY NOW!

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2013, 07:53:22 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Danny needs to go. Fire him pronto and bring in someone who will take this life raft that has been given to us by the Clippers. DeAndre Jordan is only 24 years old! 24 years old, and hes big and can block shots. He is an upgrade over a washed up Garnett. Why does Danny always have to try and rip people off? Doc is a top 20 coach that was on his way out before he was gifted KG and Ray. This team had an opportunity to go back to youth which is the right way to build a team. Build like the Spurs and OKC not like the Celtics!

FIRE DANNY NOW!

This post applies to eugen and cb8883

I dont understand your hatred towards Danny. He has been one of the more successful GMs in the past few years. Look at the other GMs and compare his production. And if we fire Danny who would you replace him with.

I have seen a lot of your posts and I can't fathom what it is that you want.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2013, 07:56:54 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
And you compare him with the mismanagement that Dumars has done to the pistons. Do we have a lot of albatross contracts?

Honestly comparing Ainge to Dumars is like comparing Garnett to Haddadi.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2013, 12:52:34 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 223
One thing stop throwing the Perk trade for the case DA is a bad GM argument. Right now Green is better than Perk.

the reason I remain angry about the Perk trade is the fact that Danny destroyed that team's chemistry and identity and cost us a great shot at #18 that year.

many people on this board simply don't understand the game well enough to know that stats are not everything.

All of this is assumed based on what?

I've said before a million times.  Perkins missed half that season due to a major season ending injury from the previous year.  Danny signed Shaq and Jermaine Oneal as insurance for exactly that reason. 

Shaq and JO had major injury issues all season long.  Every time they came back from injury they would last 5-10 games and then get hurt again and miss more time.  Our biggest threat that season wasn't whetehr or not we had a big good enough - it was whether we had a big healthy enough to actually play.

Perkins finally came back from that major injury about 60% of the way through the season.  After all of the failed comeback attempts from JO and Shaq, how was DA to know how successful Perkins' return would be? He had the choice of either:

1. Make a trade to acquire a healthy, starting calibre center in time for the playoffs

2. Bank the team's entire playoff hopes on the chance that Perkins wouldn't re-injure himself and and leave the team with no center at all (hence destroying any hopes of #18).

In the end Perkins did end up remaining healthy and our replacement (Krstic) actually ended up getting injured, but that went against the odds, and there was no way for DA to see that coming.  From a management perspective trading Perk for Krstic was the smart move, even if you ignored Perks upcoming Free Agent status.  Throw Jeff Green in to the equation and it was a no brainer - probably the most lopsided (in our favour) deal in the entire big 3 era.

Every decisoin seems easier when you are looking back AFTER it happens, but from DA's perspective at the time there was absolutely nothing at all to indicate that we would have a better shot at a title with Perk.  I actually respect him for making that move because it took a lot of guts to make that move, and it was the best move for the team at that time.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog