Author Topic: Yeezus  (Read 9236 times)

Yeezus
« on: June 14, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
So, im sure if you're a big Kanye fan you're quite aware that Yeezus has leaked. 

Listening to it right now and it's unreal. Different sound than MDBTF, but incredible.

Other thoughts?

Re: Yeezus
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I don't know. I need to give it a few more spins... Definitely not his best. Favorite tracks are probably Bound 2 and Blood On The Leaves.

Production is top notch, as usual. Not a big fan of the auto-tune and screaming. I'm sure it will grow on me like MBDTF and 808s did.

Nothing is topping his higher learning series, though. CD>Graduation>LR>>>> his other albums.

I DO like his reggae-dancehall sound on some of his songs.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:24:14 PM by BigAlTheFuture »
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:46:52 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I said I wasn't going to listen to the album because of the title, but I think I was lying to myself.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
He's a disrespectful, egomaniacal headcase. Wouldn't waste two seconds of my time on him.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 06:50:52 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Exellent. I was looking to add some new music to my current hip-hop rotation of

Talib Kweli - Prisoner of Conscious
RA The Rugged Man - Legends Never Die
Joe Budden - No Love Lost

West is a guilty pleasure of mine.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
He's a disrespectful, egomaniacal headcase.

Yup, not the biggest fan of his person, or what I know of it anyway, but the guy is an amazing artist.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 07:19:59 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
He's a disrespectful, egomaniacal headcase. Wouldn't waste two seconds of my time on him.
this post was clearly for fans of kanye, no need to bring hate to this post. haven't listened to the album but i'm not really impressed by the 3 songs i have heard
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 07:52:46 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
in my eyes best kanye album out yet. Masterful. Aswell as this album IMHO Puts kanye west in Top 5 All time artists, Arguably Top 3, Not only one of the best producers we have ever seen but trend setter along with just straight out rapper.

-DonJP

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
in my eyes best kanye album out yet. Masterful. Aswell as this album IMHO Puts kanye west in Top 5 All time artists, Arguably Top 3, Not only one of the best producers we have ever seen but trend setter along with just straight out rapper.

-DonJP

I know I everybody is entitled to their own opinions but come on. Top 3 artists of ALL TIME? In any genre? Please. This is coming from a huge Kanye fan.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 10:14:30 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
kanye now thinks yelling something makes a song better. I've noticed him doing this more recently.

anyways, its interesting that daft punk was credited as a producer in 5 of the 10 songs.

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 11:36:36 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Just got home and got it.

So far I'm very disappointed :/

It seems like it's just Kanye screaming and auto tuning over distracting noises
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:07:57 AM by The Rondo Show »
DKC Suns

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 12:12:19 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29

-DonJP

I know I everybody is entitled to their own opinions but come on. Top 3 artists of ALL TIME? In any genre? Please. This is coming from a huge Kanye fan.

Bro you have to look at his whole body of work, from the outside of music, from the inside of it, from the producing, who hes produced for, what songs hes produced, what people hes worked with, what songs hes written, what songs hes rapper , what trends what genres, the guys done it all, all in his own way, the guy is the only rapper all time to have a song about Jesus Christ and have it played on the radio, that by itself says alot. The fashion hes done. Bro, late registration, graduation, Watch the throne, dark twisted fantasy and now yeezus all can be argued as all tremendous albums from start to finish, im not even a huge kanye fan, im just acknowledging that we are listening to someone who in 20-30 years from now people are going to try and be making music like him.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 04:55:47 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Just got home and got it.

So far I'm very disappointed :/

It seems like it's just Kanye screaming and auto tuning over distracting noises

This.

I was a huge Kanye fan when he first came out. "Through the Wire" blew my mind. Dark Twisted Fantasy was the last music he made I really enjoyed. I feel he has fallen a long way in skill and effort. His enormous success has bred a sense of arrogance and almost laziness IMO.

Why listen to Kanye when there are extremely talented new kids such as J Cole and Kendrick Lamar?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 05:03:48 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

-DonJP

Bro you have to look at his whole body of work, from the outside of music, from the inside of it, from the producing, who hes produced for, what songs hes produced, what people hes worked with, what songs hes written, what songs hes rapper , what trends what genres, the guys done it all, all in his own way, the guy is the only rapper all time to have a song about Jesus Christ and have it played on the radio, that by itself says alot. The fashion hes done. Bro, late registration, graduation, Watch the throne, dark twisted fantasy and now yeezus all can be argued as all tremendous albums from start to finish, im not even a huge kanye fan, im just acknowledging that we are listening to someone who in 20-30 years from now people are going to try and be making music like him.

Kayne isn't even close to being in the top ten hip-hop/rap artists of all time. Let alone any other genre of music.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 07:24:04 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

-DonJP

Kayne isn't even close to being in the top ten hip-hop/rap artists of all time. Let alone any other genre of music.
^This

The sad thing about Kanye is that he will spout off all the stuff bleedGREENdon just did about himself without you even asking him. He compared himself to Steve Jobs last week. Not even close. The dude is an absolute egomaniac who's hyped himself more than his biggest fans. His fashion line failed and he has embarrassed himself on numerous occasions because he is so up his own hole. I personally really dislike the man as a person.

That being said I can't hate on his music because he made College DropOut, Late Registration and Graduation some of my favorite albums. He has produced some great stuff as well.

But ALL TIME? Psh please. He's not in my top 10 hip-hop/rap artists. MAYBE top 15.

That all can change with time and perspective, but right now he's not there.

As for Yeezus I'm still digesting it. I was already put off by the title, but I'm really just not into the auto-tune stuff and screaming. I'm definitely going to give it a few more listens, Kanye is really talented and any time a guy like him takes his stuff in a new direction I think you got to give it a chance.

I think he may have overreached on this one though.