Author Topic: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts  (Read 12050 times)

Re: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 10:51:13 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Jeff has an article on this on the front page, but didn't see it in the forums until I stumbled across a post by j804 in the Cs/Clipps mutual interest thread (+1 to j804).

I thought, because it was pretty specific, it might deserve its own thread, but mods feel free to merge it with another.

From Jeff's article from masslive via the Globe:

"A possible package could include Rivers and the 37-year-old Garnett heading to the Clippers," wrote Holmes, "with point guard Eric Bledsoe, center DeAndre Jordan, and two first-round draft picks heading to the Celtics."

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/06/boston_celtics_rumors_2013_doc_7.html

I don't know about you guys, but I do this in a heartbeat. Then PP for other assets/picks and we're off on the rebuild. Fast.

Love to see it happen.

As much as I like KG and Doc I would do this deal also.

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Jeff has an article on this on the front page, but didn't see it in the forums until I stumbled across a post by j804 in the Cs/Clipps mutual interest thread (+1 to j804).

I thought, because it was pretty specific, it might deserve its own thread, but mods feel free to merge it with another.

"A possible package could include Rivers and the 37-year-old Garnett heading to the Clippers," wrote Holmes, "with point guard Eric Bledsoe, center DeAndre Jordan, and two first-round draft picks heading to the Celtics."

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/06/boston_celtics_rumors_2013_doc_7.html

I don't know about you guys, but I do this in a heartbeat. Then PP for other assets/picks and we're off on the rebuild.

Love to see it happen.

send them all to a 3rd team for a bigger star .

Melo, Sully, Bledsoe or Bradley 2014 clippers pick
Cousins coming back

First of all Cousin's isn't a star right now and secondly they aren't trading him.

"New Sacramento Kings coach Mike Malone is excited about working with center DeMarcus Cousins, sources said — and while Cousins may have been available briefly, he isn’t now."

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/story/NBA-Draft-Report-Is-Len-rising-to-No-1?blockID=911609&feedID=3724

That was just one example.

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I don't know about you guys, but I do this in a heartbeat. Then PP for other assets/picks and we're off on the rebuild.

Love to see it happen.

Cousins coming back

First of all Cousin's isn't a star right now and secondly they aren't trading him.

"New Sacramento Kings coach Mike Malone is excited about working with center DeMarcus Cousins, sources said — and while Cousins may have been available briefly, he isn’t now."

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/story/NBA-Draft-Report-Is-Len-rising-to-No-1?blockID=911609&feedID=3724
That was just 1 example.

The point is we can use the assets plus sully and bradley to try and strike gold again .

Lemarcus Aldridge
Love

those guys could be free agents in 2015 , and who knows if they will want out soon .

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
So we'll be rebuilding with Bass/Lee/Terry? :)

No.  Those are the guys they should be pushing to move.  Not KG and Pierce.

Let them retire next year and open up cap flexibility.  Move all the other minor cap issues.

So we'll be rebuilding with KG and Pierce for a year? :)

No.  It is understanding that is no such thing as a one year rebuild. 

Push for one more year.  Move longterm contracts for shorter contracts.  See what happens.  Be open to trades that bring back actual building blocks.
OK, so let's say we're at the third seed, but the second seed is a reasonable goal around the trade deadline. We get an offer to trade Pierce and Lee to rebuild, even though they're both playing at a great level (which is why we're the third seed).

Do we still take the deal, or are we gonna hang on with the past again?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 10:58:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Let them retire next year and open up cap flexibility.  Move all the other minor cap issues.

Push for one more year.  Move longterm contracts for shorter contracts.  See what happens.  Be open to trades that bring back actual building blocks.
OK, so let's say we're at the third seed, but the second seed is a reasonable goal around the trade deadline. We get an offer to trade Pierce and Lee to rebuild, even though they're both playing at a great level (which is why we're the third seed).

You don't rebuild if you are playing great.  You ride it out. 

This is not living in the past.  This not repeating the mistakes teams in the past have done.  Trading aging stars whose contracts are almost at the end for bad contracts of younger players and be stuck in no man's land for multiple seasons. 

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Love to see it happen.

Cousins coming back

That was just 1 example.

The point is we can use the assets plus sully and bradley to try and strike gold again .

Lemarcus Aldridge
Love

those guys could be free agents in 2015 , and who knows if they will want out soon .

Exactly!!!!! It gives us tremendous flexibility, (especially coupled with Pierce for assets), and options up the ying-yang!!!!

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I do not want Jordan at all.  They can keep him.  Just give me Butler to make the dollars make sense.  If they insist on Jordan, then they better take Bass or Terry also.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 11:06:08 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

You don't rebuild if you are playing great.  You ride it out. 

This is not living in the past.  This not repeating the mistakes teams in the past have done.  Trading aging stars whose contracts are almost at the end for bad contracts of younger players and be stuck in no man's land for multiple seasons.
I would be very happy if we did this. Let's do it, wdleehi! :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I do not want Jordan at all.  They can keep him.  Just give me Butler to make the dollars make sense.  If they insist on Jordan, then they better take Bass or Terry also.

Okay, so I get that Jordan isn't ideal, is a little overpaid, and a liability late in the 4th with his ft%, but I would love to see him play with Rondo and we could definitely use his rebounding and blocking. People act as though he is horrible, but he would give us a legitimate center, which we haven't had since Perk/Sheed.

I doubt that his play would be so bad that we wouldn't be able to flip him for at least an expiring.

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 11:09:20 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Jordan has more value as a future trade chip as evidenced by several teams bidding for his services when he was a free agent. He has only improved since then. I think he would only improve his numbers on a team that doesn't have the personel to take him out in crunch time.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 11:10:12 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Okay, so I get that Jordan isn't ideal, is a little overpaid, and a liability late in the 4th with his ft%, but I would love to see him play with Rondo and we could definitely use his rebounding and blocking. People act as though he is horrible, but he would give us a legitimate center, which we haven't had since Perk/Sheed.

I doubt that his play would be so bad that we wouldn't be able to flip him for at least an expiring.

We have already seen him with the best PG in the league.  Why would we expect a huge difference with Rondo?

I would do this deal
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 11:17:12 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
it will jumpstart rebuild, with PP leaving may be even better.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:27:07 AM by Ogaju »

Re: Doc Kg AND pp scenario none of you have posted
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 11:18:28 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Is Pierce even part of the Clippers deal?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 11:20:40 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I've never heard of a coach getting traded besides Herm Edwards lol
DKC Suns

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

We have already seen him with the best PG in the league.  Why would we expect a huge difference with Rondo?

First of all, I am not a believer of Paul as the best pg in the NBA...not anymore. Rondo isn't necessarily a better player, but he is [easily] the best passing pg in the NBA. Combine that with Deandre's already ridiculous fg% and I think we would continue to see some improvement.

Deandre only plays like half the game in LA. He would get at least 30 mins per game in Boston and there is no reason he couldn't be a 10/10/2 guy.

Besides, I look at Deandre as kind-of a throw-in to make salaries work and I would much rather have him than an aging player like Butler...Bledsoe is the real 'prize'.