Author Topic: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts  (Read 12052 times)

Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:37:28 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Jeff has an article on this on the front page, but didn't see it in the forums until I stumbled across a post by j804 in the Cs/Clipps mutual interest thread (+1 to j804).

I thought, because it was pretty specific, it might deserve its own thread, but mods feel free to merge it with another.

From Jeff's article from masslive via the Globe:

"A possible package could include Rivers and the 37-year-old Garnett heading to the Clippers," wrote Holmes, "with point guard Eric Bledsoe, center DeAndre Jordan, and two first-round draft picks heading to the Celtics."

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/06/boston_celtics_rumors_2013_doc_7.html

I don't know about you guys, but I do this in a heartbeat. Then PP for other assets/picks and we're off on the rebuild. Fast.

Love to see it happen.

Re: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:39:37 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
KG is never leaving us!!! NOOO
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:40:36 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Jeff has an article on this on the front page, but didn't see it in the forums until I stumbled across a post by j804 in the Cs/Clipps mutual interest thread (+1 to j804).

I thought, because it was pretty specific, it might deserve its own thread, but mods feel free to merge it with another.

"A possible package could include Rivers and the 37-year-old Garnett heading to the Clippers," wrote Holmes, "with point guard Eric Bledsoe, center DeAndre Jordan, and two first-round draft picks heading to the Celtics."

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/06/boston_celtics_rumors_2013_doc_7.html

I don't know about you guys, but I do this in a heartbeat. Then PP for other assets/picks and we're off on the rebuild.

Love to see it happen.
His rumor doesn't include Pierce. If we could get Jordan Bledsoe and 2 first for Doc and Kg, then grab another first for Pierce, the rebuild would be quicker than originally anticipated.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 10:41:47 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Still not a fan.  A backup PG for Rondo and an over payed C. 

Two 1st rounders in the high 20s don't do much either. 

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 10:41:51 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
So we'll be rebuilding with Bass/Lee/Terry? :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I don't know about you guys, but I do this in a heartbeat. Then PP for other assets/picks and we're off on the rebuild.

Love to see it happen.

send them all to a 3rd team for a bigger star .

Melo, Sully, Bledsoe or Bradley 2014 clippers pick
Cousins coming back

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

No.  Those are the guys they should be pushing to move.  Not KG and Pierce.

Let them retire next year and open up cap flexibility.  Move all the other minor cap issues.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I don't get it: Clipper brass killed VDN's wish to turn Bledsoe and Jordan (or was it Butler?) into KG.

Now, with VDN gone, the Clips want to give up more to get Doc too?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd prefer to avoid having to pay DeAndre $10m+ per.  Maybe if we can somehow involve a third team and send him there for a better asset, I could get on board.

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 10:47:25 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Let them retire next year and open up cap flexibility.  Move all the other minor cap issues.

So we'll be rebuilding with KG and Pierce for a year? :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 10:47:57 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Love to see it happen.

That is just one (and a very good one) option this trade would give us. The trade would give us a tremendous amount of flexibility.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, I've said it before [along with a million others]...unless we develop a very good chance at competing for a championship this year through trades, the best option is to cash in our 'old' chips for new ones. This is a humongous haul for KG [and Doc]. With this deal not seemingly including Paul, we could also acquire additional assets for him. I imagine the plan would be for him to be bought out and join the Clips for the MLE.

If we are going to do this thing, I want to go big. We could end up with a foundation of Rondo, Bledsoe, Gordon [?}, Green, Sully, Deandre, and 3 first round picks this year [with more possibly to come]. I don't include Bradley because I imagine he would be gone with PP in a potential deal with N.O.

Throw in deals for Terry, Bass, and Lee and we could really go crazy here...also, I don't know that I am ready to give up on Rondo, but there has always been talk of Rondo for DMC/Tyreke.

Listen, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this current generation of Celtics, but if we can catapult ourselves into the next generation without too much of a hitch, then we should go all out.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 10:48:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
No, I think we would essentially give any of these players away to teams with cap space then begin to rebuild around a nucleus of
Rondo/Bledsoe
Braldey
Green
Sully
Jordan

plus #16, #25 and Fab Melo if he ever turns out. This team could end up showing heart and sneaking in the playoffs, or it gives us a stable of young players and a high draft pick going into one of the best drafts since the Lebron draft.

I don't get it: Clipper brass killed VDN's wish to turn Bledsoe and Jordan (or was it Butler?) into KG.

Now, with VDN gone, the Clips want to give up more to get Doc too?
 [quote/]
If these are the moves that it costs to keep Chris Paul, they are willing to do them.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 10:49:19 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

So we'll be rebuilding with KG and Pierce for a year? :)

No.  It is understanding that is no such thing as a one year rebuild. 

Push for one more year.  Move longterm contracts for shorter contracts.  See what happens.  Be open to trades that bring back actual building blocks. 

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Love to see it happen.

Melo, Sully, Bledsoe or Bradley 2014 clippers pick
Cousins coming back

First of all Cousin's isn't a star right now and secondly they aren't trading him.

"New Sacramento Kings coach Mike Malone is excited about working with center DeMarcus Cousins, sources said — and while Cousins may have been available briefly, he isn’t now."

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/story/NBA-Draft-Report-Is-Len-rising-to-No-1?blockID=911609&feedID=3724