Author Topic: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts  (Read 12089 times)

Re: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2013, 09:17:55 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Well, I was listening to the Sports Hub tonight and the host of the evening show (Adam Jones) was saying how he had Steve Bulpett from the Herald on last night.

Bulpett is a pretty well connected guy as he reports on the Celtics for the Herald.

He said that although Doc's interest in the Clippers is 100 percent legit, he also said that he has yet to hear anyone from the Clippers side being interested in giving up Bledsoe and Jordan plus picks for a one year rental in KG and Doc.

He also said that Del Negro was really the only guy who pushed for this back in February and now he's gone.

So, while this trade certainly looks appealing to the Celtics, it still seems like it's pie in the sky (or maybe a black cloud, depending on how you look at it,  ;D)
If the Clippers want to keep CP3 and it means him resigning they'll go for it, sources are saying he'd love Doc and also that the Clippers organization is going to be very aggressive shaking all the trees. You know Danny is ready to blow it up as well there's a  good chance something happens IMO
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2013, 06:49:40 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
There are plenty of teams that would love to clear a questionable salary, but finding one who has a player we might want is more difficult.

Heck, there are many hear who balked at the idea of Pierce to New Orleans for Gordon because of his contract.

I suppose we could take on an expiring since a team like Dal would love to cut even more salary for THIS year, but I am not so sure they have an assets I would love to have other than their [very low] lottery pick.

I think the advantage we have is that if we are moving PP and KG then we aren't going to be competing for a championship next year, so we can take on bad or expiring contracts without having to worry (in fact it probably will just help us end up withe a better 2014 pick and let our young guys develop).

Depending on his health I'd take the Pierce and Bradley for Gordon deal.

Golden-State could clear Biedrins/Jefferson and send us one of Ezeli/Draymond Green/Draft pick, Orlando could send us Turkoglu and maybe they move one of Harkless/Harris/Nicholson. Toronto would love to get rid of Bargs' contract and might send us a future first/Ross or we could just try and trade Bargs at trade deadline, Pacers might need caproom to resign West and would move Granger and maybe 23rd pick.

And the other thing to remember is that it doesn't have to just be a straight up PP deal, we can include Bradley/Sully/Bledsoe (if the trade goes through in time) and teams will be willing to give up a lot more talent/better pick if they can get about 10m in cap relief AND a nice young piece.

Theres got to be something out there so we don't just end up with nothing for Pierce and I'd be tremendously disappointed with Danny if he just released him. Even a late first from a Dallas or GS is better than nothing.

Wont blink. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Maybe we could adjust it a little by sending Jordan plus Bass and our 2013 1st to the Kings to acquire Cousins and Tyreke plus their 2013 1st. Thrown in some filler to make the money work.

i like that thought but minus tyreke, id like a core of rondo avery cousins green and sully, but thing is that defense would be terrible, i think wed actually be good with jordan. And run a high tempo offense.

Tyreke could fill in the need for a PG who could shoot if Rondo is gun shy and outside shooting is needed. Plus, he could cover taller SGs and pose a great mismatch (height wise) at the PG to opposing teams' PGs. Like Jordan, DeMarcus has wide body that is enough to man up bigs of other teams but not as a high flying swatter as Jordan is. Plus, DMC has a very good mid range jumper.

Evans is a terrible shooter. He wouldn't work on the same roster with Rondo.

Also if you ask Kings fans they aren't moving DMC unless they are getting a top 3 pick this year or a serious building block for their future. I've asked most and had no interest in even Jordan, Bledsoe and 2 picks (which I thought was more than generous). Although it depends on what the new ownership decides, but based on fan reaction DMC isn't available right now (at least to us anyway), but that could all change once the season starts and he acts up.