Author Topic: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts  (Read 12082 times)

Re: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2013, 05:43:46 PM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
If we do some form of this trade, I hope we bring in a 3rd team and send Bledsoe their way.  Maybe when some of the dust starts to settle and Atlanta is frustrated by not getting any big names, we could work a sign and trade for Josh Smith.

Something like:
LAC gets: Doc, KG and Terry
ATL gets: Bledsoe, Bass, Lee and a handful of non guaranteed contracts(Randolph, White, TWill)
We get: Josh Smith, D.Jordan, C.Butler and a pick or 2

I emphasize IF something like this happens.  I would rather keep the Band together at this point, but if it happens I would prefer something like this. 
I don't think we will get anything for Pierce in this scenario, but I feel like we will release him, saving $10million and he will sign for MLE with the Clippers.

Clippers would be going HAM for one or two rings and we would have a lineup like:

Jordan/Melo
Smith/Sully
J.Green/C.Butler
Bradley
Rondo

Fill in the blanks with the picks we pick up/our pick and short contract, inexpensive free agents.
Just my 2 cents.
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2013, 05:54:58 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
If we do some form of this trade, I hope we bring in a 3rd team and send Bledsoe their way.  Maybe when some of the dust starts to settle and Atlanta is frustrated by not getting any big names, we could work a sign and trade for Josh Smith.

Something like:
ATL gets: Bledsoe, Bass, Lee and a handful of non guaranteed contracts(Randolph, White, TWill)

I emphasize IF something like this happens.  I would rather keep the Band together at this point, but if it happens I would prefer something like this. 
I don't think we will get anything for Pierce in this scenario, but I feel like we will release him, saving $10million and he will sign for MLE with the Clippers.

Clippers would be going HAM for one or two rings and we would have a lineup like:

Jordan/Melo
Smith/Sully
J.Green/C.Butler
Bradley
Rondo

Fill in the blanks with the picks we pick up/our pick and short contract, inexpensive free agents.
Just my 2 cents.

I know I'm suppose to talk about this rumor but to me the dumbest thing DA and the organization could do is release PP.. seems like a waste.

I want to run it back but I wouldn't think not running it back is all that bad, not paying PP (what he is worth), is just dumb especially when you can get SOMETHING for him through his play or a trade.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2013, 06:07:05 PM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16

Something like:

Jordan/Melo
Smith/Sully
J.Green/C.Butler
Bradley
Rondo

Just my 2 cents.

I know I'm suppose to talk about this rumor but to me the dumbest thing DA and the organization could do is release PP.. seems like a waste.

I want to run it back but I wouldn't think not running it back is all that bad, not paying PP (what he is worth), is just dumb especially when you can get SOMETHING for him through his play or a trade.

I completely agree.  I want Pierce and KG to retire Celtics.  I'd prefer riding it out with those two, Rondo, Green, Bradley, Sully and even Lee, but I would try and improve on some of the other role players like Bass and Terry.  If we are going to lose Doc and KG to LAC, though, I'd respect Pierce enough to give him the option of following his buddies.  I'd leave it up to him. 
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2013, 07:29:05 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I really don't see the downside to this trade. You get two young high talent prospects and two first round picks. If you don't want Bledsoe and Jordan I don't see it being very hard to package them off. Bledsoe has shown flashes of what looks like star potential and Jordan is a 6'11 athletic freak who plays the hardest position to fill in the NBA. Add in the two clipper picks, our own plus the guys we already have and we have a very attractive trade package.

Bledsoe, Bradley, Sullinger, Jordan, Celtics 1st rounders (possibly lotto) and 2 Clippers 1st round picks. That package is arguably more attractive then what we gave up to get Garnett. With a lot of luck we could be back contending in a couple of seasons.

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2013, 07:33:23 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

Something like:

Jordan/Melo
Smith/Sully
J.Green/C.Butler
Bradley
Rondo

Just my 2 cents.

Danny would be an idiot not to at least find a team willing to take Pierce on so they can waive him for the cap savings and then Pierce can go where he pleases and we would probably manage to get a pick or asset out of that deal.

There are plenty of teams out there that would be willing to give something up (pick or young asset) along with an expiring deal/bad contract just to be able to waive Pierce and get some cap room for free agency (Toronto, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Golden State, Orlando come to mind).

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2013, 07:43:31 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Something like:

Jordan/Melo
Smith/Sully
J.Green/C.Butler
Bradley
Rondo

Just my 2 cents.

Danny would be an idiot not to at least find a team willing to take Pierce on so they can waive him for the cap savings and then Pierce can go where he pleases and we would probably manage to get a pick or asset out of that deal.

There are plenty of teams out there that would be willing to give something up (pick or young asset) along with an expiring deal/bad contract just to be able to waive Pierce and get some cap room for free agency (Toronto, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Golden State, Orlando come to mind).

There are plenty of teams that would love to clear a questionable salary, but finding one who has a player we might want is more difficult.

Heck, there are many hear who balked at the idea of Pierce to New Orleans for Gordon because of his contract.

I suppose we could take on an expiring since a team like Dal would love to cut even more salary for THIS year, but I am not so sure they have an assets I would love to have other than their [very low] lottery pick.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:15:55 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2013, 07:50:27 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
This being my first post on Celtics blog i have to say, I am praying the celtics do this. My reasons. 1. its clear as day we will not, i repeat will not win a title next year with this group of guys. 2. The free agent core will not be good next year because the big names of Howard and Paul will sign somewhere this offseason and get long term deals, as well as Lebron james or any other big name will not come to boston unless we traded for them. 3. Doc rivers does not want to be apart of a rebuilding team nor do KG or pierce. This situation is perfect for both sides the Celtics and those three. The celtics can do so many things in this sitaution my plan according to hearing rumors and all and piecing is together is this; Celtics move doc rivers Kevin garnett and Paul pierce and possibly Jason terry to the clippers, the clippers can dump pierce and then resign him for the low low. The celtics receive, Bledsoe Jordan Caron butler and 2 future picks. Now after this trade happens, i see the clippers pushing to sign Dwight howard idk the salaries and all but id think they could def. make it happen. Maybe even trade blake griffin to the lakers which would be blockbuster n highly unlikely but you get what im saying. The celtics then also have 3 first round picks this year or whatever and also can look to move butler(hopefully).

Lineups.
Celtics-

Jordan/Melo
Sully/ Bass
Green/ Butler
Bradley/ Lee
Rondo/ Bledsoe

Hopeful Clippers Lineup

Dwight
KG
Pierce
?????
CP3

I think both teams highly win in this scenerio, and celtics push to pick up a high tempo head coach, because man our team will be able to run up and down the court and play great high tempo defense. Not to mention can make major moves to have high draft picks in next years draft, or this years draft.
On the other end, The clippers have a win now Team with doc still with his guys and able to win another championship this year.

Let me know what you guys think.

« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2013, 07:56:43 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Wont blink. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Maybe we could adjust it a little by sending Jordan plus Bass and our 2013 1st to the Kings to acquire Cousins and Tyreke plus their 2013 1st. Thrown in some filler to make the money work.

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2013, 08:18:51 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29

Maybe we could adjust it a little by sending Jordan plus Bass and our 2013 1st to the Kings to acquire Cousins and Tyreke plus their 2013 1st. Thrown in some filler to make the money work.

i like that thought but minus tyreke, id like a core of rondo avery cousins green and sully, but thing is that defense would be terrible, i think wed actually be good with jordan. And run a high tempo offense.

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2013, 08:19:41 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones

While I like the idea of Cousins over Jordan, I don't see any way the Kings see these guys as equal players, nevermind Jordan as superior [according to your package].

Subtract Tyreke and their pick and add Avery/Sully to our side and we may have a chance...if they even like Jordan.

« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2013, 08:32:54 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35

i like that thought but minus tyreke, id like a core of rondo avery cousins green and sully, but thing is that defense would be terrible, i think wed actually be good with jordan. And run a high tempo offense.

Tyreke could fill in the need for a PG who could shoot if Rondo is gun shy and outside shooting is needed. Plus, he could cover taller SGs and pose a great mismatch (height wise) at the PG to opposing teams' PGs. Like Jordan, DeMarcus has wide body that is enough to man up bigs of other teams but not as a high flying swatter as Jordan is. Plus, DMC has a very good mid range jumper.

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Well, I was listening to the Sports Hub tonight and the host of the evening show (Adam Jones) was saying how he had Steve Bulpett from the Herald on last night.

Bulpett is a pretty well connected guy as he reports on the Celtics for the Herald.

He said that although Doc's interest in the Clippers is 100 percent legit, he also said that he has yet to hear anyone from the Clippers side being interested in giving up Bledsoe and Jordan plus picks for a one year rental in KG and Doc.

He also said that Del Negro was really the only guy who pushed for this back in February and now he's gone.

So, while this trade certainly looks appealing to the Celtics, it still seems like it's pie in the sky (or maybe a black cloud, depending on how you look at it,  ;D)

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2013, 08:58:14 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Rumor:  Doc had eggs for breakfast :P

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2013, 09:13:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
La clippers aka la stacked? Would stern allow this

Trade 1
To clips: kg, rivers, pp(trade or signas fa)

To bos: bledsoe, jordan, 2013 1st

Trade 2

To clips: d howard

To lakers: griffin

La clippers starting: howard-kg-pp-?-paul and rivers coach

Fav - out of the west in 2014?

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2013, 09:14:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
Well, I was listening to the Sports Hub tonight and the host of the evening show (Adam Jones) was saying how he had Steve Bulpett from the Herald on last night.

Bulpett is a pretty well connected guy as he reports on the Celtics for the Herald.

He said that although Doc's interest in the Clippers is 100 percent legit, he also said that he has yet to hear anyone from the Clippers side being interested in giving up Bledsoe and Jordan plus picks for a one year rental in KG and Doc.

He also said that Del Negro was really the only guy who pushed for this back in February and now he's gone.

So, while this trade certainly looks appealing to the Celtics, it still seems like it's pie in the sky (or maybe a black cloud, depending on how you look at it,  ;D)

I think the Clips should be the ones pushing for this deal to happen. Our original window was supposed to be three years. They could have a legitimate two year window of championship caliber basketball, while having Blake [or Dwight] and CP3 locked up beyond that. Trading Jordan and Bledsoe for the Doc/KG [and then PP signing] package makes too much sense for both sides.