Author Topic: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts  (Read 12088 times)

Re: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Thanks for the clarity on the draft picks - I'd be fine with one pick in 2014 (giving us two next year)and another in 2016.

I'd be Ok if Pierce and KG stayed as well - love both of them and would be happy to watch another year or two.

However, what happens after that? If we could swing that trade with the Clippers and also figure out a way to get Josh Smith here? I say we are "rebuilt" in a matter of a month.

Rondo at point, Smith and Green on the wings, Jordan trailing - we'd need a real sharp shooting off guard.

Bradley, Bledsoe and Sully off the bench
Draft pick.

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2013, 02:15:21 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Jay, good point re the 2 spot - just posted that I think while you were writing your post saying the same.

I think it's very possible that Rondo could turn a Green / Smith front line into something very special. Jordan is a great trailing center on the break - great target.

Agreed re the foul line. I'd try to put a half decent jump shooting / foul shooting big behind Jordan - something that is opposite to Jordan's skill set and who would pair well with Sully's post game off the bench. maybe with a team potentially rebuilt like this, Kelly Olynik makes sense behind Jordan? I'm not a big fan overall, but as a role player off the bench he'd be a good fit with Sully.

At off guard, I'd looke to draft a dead eye shooter at the two and then also try to sign someone like Reddick or Korver - maybe through a trade - if not this year then next.   

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I have been paying 0 attention to these Doc trade to LA rumors because it seems ridiculous to me. However with the latest " Paul and Howard together rumors" I got thinking. Chris Paul might be able to make the Clipper do stupid things. Losing Paul will kill the clippers and ultimately lead to Griffin leaving when he is a FA.

I think the reported KG + Lee/Terry (with Doc leaving for LA) for Jordan + Butler + Bledsoe + 2 first may be DAs first offer.

If Paul agrees to sign with the Clip if this deal happens then the clippers are in a tough negotiating position.

May they can work DA of of the 2 1st and get him down to just this years first and a future 2nd. Either way I take the deal in a second.

If this goes down I could see DA flipping Butler + Bledsoe to UTAH for a S&T Milsap (or Big AL, I would rather Big Al but Milsap is the rumored plan A).

Then DA is left with Paul Pierce to deal with. Personally at that point if he is willing to stay I say keep him for 1 more year and let him retire. If Paul doesn't want to stay then DA needs to explore what ever assets he can get for Paul. Maybe Paul + Terry for Granger + Mahinmi + S&T Augistine (1 yr 3.5mill) + pick #23. This gives the Pacers Terry to take Austines minutes and the option of keeping Paul or cutting him to save $$ ( they want to resign West and Tyler). 

If PP, Doc, and KG are gone

I say give Ty Lue a shot as head coach

If this is the roster with the #16 go best potential avaiable (maybe Schroeder, Giannis, Adams) . Then at #23 SG Ledo, Crabbe, Franklin or Hardaway

PG Rondo, Augustine,
SG AB, Crawford, (Crabbe #23)
SF Green, Granger, (Giannis #16 leave in Europe)
PF Milsap, Sully
C  Jordan, Mahinmi, Melo

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2013, 02:36:57 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

2013 Draft picks: this year's 16th and the Clipper's 25th?
2014: Our own pick and the Clipper's 1st?

There is a rule that a team can't give up consecutive first round draft picks and the Clippers gave up their 2012 draft pick for CP3.  So that means we would get their 2014 draft pick (which is shaping up to be the deepest draft since 2003) and most likely their 2016 pick.  I am all for getting as many 2014 picks as possible, but I am hesitant to give up two hall of famers for a 6th man and a center who can't hit free throws.  Plus, the Clippers will win around 60 games with that team so it's not like we'll be drafting anywhere that great (although David West was at the end of the 1st round in 2003)

The easy work-around is to wait until after the 2013 draft then trade the draft rights to the 2013 selection as part of the deal.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2013, 03:37:33 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
If Doc really wants to leave so bad (which is sad... but oh well if that's how he feels) the rumored trade on the front page with the Butler contract and then dumping of Lee and Terry added in would be a really nice haul that could be flipped for pieces or packaged for some big moves.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2013, 03:40:39 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Still not a fan.  A backup PG for Rondo and an over payed C. 

Two 1st rounders in the high 20s don't do much either.

Yeah this doesn't help you rebuild. It ensures that you are just good enough to not be awful, but at the same time has you build around a bunch mediocre talent.

I mean those guys couldn't even stay on the floor for the Clips.

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2013, 03:58:38 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Yeah this doesn't help you rebuild. It ensures that you are just good enough to not be awful, but at the same time has you build around a bunch mediocre talent.

I'd demand reverse protection...both must be lottery picks between 1-14.

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2013, 04:03:21 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Well there's talk of more parts in the trade that Ainge would want (Butler, Lee and Terry) that make it more enticing as a way to dump dead weight.

In addition, this is about collecting assets to Ainge if this goes through.  Did we all love the players we had on the roster just before the KG and Ray trades?  No, but they allowed us to make a move.  That's what all of this can allow.  The players and picks could be flipped individually or as a package.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:19:54 PM by Snakehead »

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2013, 04:08:30 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Better get something than nothing..i dont want KG to leave but he has maybe one year left and he is 37..i think he would waive his no clause trade..This maybe the best offer we get
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2013, 04:09:17 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Well there's talk of more parts in the trade that Ainge would want (Butler, Lee and Terry) that make it more enticing as a way to dump dead weight.

In addition, this is about collecting assets to Ainge if this goes through.  Did we all love the players we had on the roster just before the KG and Ray trades?  No, but they allowed us to make a move.  That's what all of this can allow.  The players could be flipped individually or as a package.
I would love it if we could replace Lee with Bass. Then we could move and Lee in another deal and potentially have some cap room after 2014.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

In addition, this is about collecting assets to Ainge if this goes through.  Did we all love the players we had on the roster just before the KG and Ray trades?  No, but they allowed us to make a move.  That's what all of this can allow.  The players could be flipped individually or as a package.
I would love it if we could replace Lee with Bass. Then we could move and Lee in another deal and potentially have some cap room after 2014.

Why?

I think Bass is just better than Lee and in addition we definitely could shed a couple SGs.

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I just don't see this happening .       I don't mind Black Jack Rivers hitting the road,  but sure hate to see Pierce and KG have to be part of this nightmare.

to get Doc, make em  take Bass, Terry and Lee  , Mello.  for Jordon and Bledsoe. 

unless Danny pulls the Hat trick and lands Hollins as our coach .

I hope Wyc fires DA if he doesn't figure a way out of this mess.

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2013, 05:08:09 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
So if we trade KG for the rumored Bledsoe+Jordan, how would the Clips be able to sign both Howard and Chris Paul?  Wouldn't they need to give the Lakers Griffin in a S&T (not a bad deal for the Lakers).

Can the Lakers even do a sign and trade (over the cap)?  I guess the Lakers would need to amnesty either Kobe or Gasol.

There definitely seems to be some substance to all the rumors but I still can't quite see how this would all work and result in Paul, Howard, and KG on the Clippers.

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2013, 05:13:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If this is the deal I say, we take it.   We are not doing anything but losing in the ECF at best next year and a lot of luck would have to happen for that to happen.   Time to rebuild.

to get Doc, make em  take Bass, Terry and Lee  , Mello.  for Jordon and Bledsoe. 

Maybe ask the tooth fairy?

I think you'd have as good as chance of it happening.

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2013, 05:13:40 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
So if we trade KG for the rumored Bledsoe+Jordan, how would the Clips be able to sign both Howard and Chris Paul?  Wouldn't they need to give the Lakers Griffin in a S&T (not a bad deal for the Lakers).

Can the Lakers even do a sign and trade (over the cap)?  I guess the Lakers would need to amnesty either Kobe or Gasol.

There definitely seems to be some substance to all the rumors but I still can't quite see how this would all work and result in Paul, Howard, and KG on the Clippers.
I think a lot will reveal itself in two weeks at the draft.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:33:46 PM by Evantime34 »
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19