Author Topic: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts  (Read 12102 times)

Re: Rumor: Doc and KG for Bledsoe, DJordan and 2 firsts
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2013, 12:22:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
The latest on Yahoo Sports is that Chris Paul and Dwight Howard want to team up.  I know this is crazy and far fetched, but is it even remotely possible that we trade our big 3 (including Rondo) in a sign and trade and get Chris Paul back?  If so, how much more cap space would we need to clear to get Howard?

Is it possible to have a starting lineup of:

PG Paul
SG Bradley
SF Green
PF Sullinger
C Howard

That would be phenomenal!

I wish, but SO much would have to go the Celtics way for this to happen.

1.) Chris Paul would have to agree to a sign and trade to Boston in exchange for Pierce/Garnett.

2.)Dwight Howard and the Lakers would then have to agree to a sign and trade for Howard to come to the Celts in exchange for Rondo and whoever else.

Those are 2 scenarios that I just don't see happening but I wish they would.

What makes this even less likely is teams like Dallas, Houston, Clippers and Hawks would have more of a chance of getting something like this done and those teams appear like more desirable FA destinations.

Too bad though, I am tired of Boston being overlooked by star players.

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2013, 12:23:33 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
The latest on Yahoo Sports is that Chris Paul and Dwight Howard want to team up.  I know this is crazy and far fetched, but is it even remotely possible that we trade our big 3 (including Rondo) in a sign and trade and get Chris Paul back?  If so, how much more cap space would we need to clear to get Howard?

Bledsoe wouldn't need to step up that much if Rondo is the starting PG.  My proposal was Rondo, KG and Pierce for Paul.

PG Paul
SG Bradley
SF Green
PF Sullinger
C Howard

I could see Laker interest in Rondo, but I don't know that KG/PP to the Clips for Paul [in a s&t] would really interest them since they really are trying these other things to keep Chris.

Bledsoe would really have to step up as the Clips pg, but I do think the team would be better than last year's team, but probably not championship caliber.

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 12:26:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Still not a fan.  A backup PG for Rondo and an over payed C. 

Two 1st rounders in the high 20s don't do much either.

Bledsoe is better than Rondo.

You have to be kidding me...

No, I am not.

I'm sorry man, you're completely delusional.

What has he done compared to Rondo?

I just think Bledsoe is more talented and a better shooter.

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 12:27:18 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

Bledsoe wouldn't need to step up that much if Rondo is the starting PG.  My proposal was Rondo, KG and Pierce for Paul.

PG Paul
SG Bradley
SF Green
PF Sullinger
C Howard

I could see Laker interest in Rondo, but I don't know that KG/PP to the Clips for Paul [in a s&t] would really interest them since they really are trying these other things to keep Chris.

Bledsoe would really have to step up as the Clips pg, but I do think the team would be better than last year's team, but probably not championship caliber.

My proposal was Rondo, KG and Pierce (along with Doc) for Chris Paul in a S&T.  Rondo would be the starting PG for the Clips in that scenario.

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
God if it wasn't for 2 of the most overrated overhyped prospects I'd be interested.

Those 2 do absolutely nothing for me

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2013, 12:43:51 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51

Is it possible to have a starting lineup of: I would love this also & I believe the Clips would sacrifice Paul for Doc, PP, KG & Rondo. But the key would be how to fit all that contract into the Clips without them going over & how would we get enough cap space to sign both & by not taking any bad Clip contracts in return. Would need a 3rd team with cap space take D. Jordan & Butler & we would have to give them Clips 2 1st rounders & probably 1 of our own. Then after that would be trying to entice CP3 & Howard to want to play in Boston. Danny would have to be at his best but its a championship quality roster if he could pull it off.

PG Paul
SG Bradley
SF Green
PF Sullinger
C Howard

My proposal was Rondo, KG and Pierce (along with Doc) for Chris Paul in a S&T.  Rondo would be the starting PG for the Clips in that scenario.

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

PG Paul
SG Bradley
SF Green
PF Sullinger
C Howard

I wish, but SO much would have to go the Celtics way for this to happen.

1.) Chris Paul would have to agree to a sign and trade to Boston in exchange for Pierce/Garnett.

2.)Dwight Howard and the Lakers would then have to agree to a sign and trade for Howard to come to the Celts in exchange for Rondo and whoever else.

Those are 2 scenarios that I just don't see happening but I wish they would.

What makes this even less likely is teams like Dallas, Houston, Clippers and Hawks would have more of a chance of getting something like this done and those teams appear like more desirable FA destinations.

Too bad though, I am tired of Boston being overlooked by star players.
I think it would be reversed.  Rondo to the Clippers to pair with Griffin and PP/KG to the Lakers to pair with Kobe and Pau.  That would match up with where the respective teams are a lot more.

EDIT: Something like this for both teams

LAL get - PP, KG, Terry, Sullinger
BOS get - Howard, Peace

LAC get - Rondo, Melo, 2014 1st
BOS get - Paul,

That would leave Boston with a Paul, Bradley, Green, Bass, Howard with Lee, Peace, Crawford, Williams, Wilcox, White, and whomever else on the bench.  Pretty darn good starting 5, but could use an upgrade at the 4 and some work with the bench.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:54:08 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2013, 12:47:54 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97

Rondo- 48.4% FG
Bledsoe - 44.5% FG

Bledsoe is a better 3 point shooter (39.7% versus 24% for Rondo); but Rondo is far better at getting into the paint, and he is one of the best midrange jump shooters among PGs (Rondo shoots 51.3% inside the arc, versus 45.3% for Bledsoe).

If you look at their true shooting (which takes 3 pointers and free throws into account) they are essentially identical, but Rondo with a 0.3% lead.

Rondo is a better rebounder and passer, however. Bledsoe is a better defender (not that Rondo is a slouch at that, either, though).

I don't think you can make an argument that Bledsoe is "clearly" better than Rondo. I think you can argue that he has the POTENTIAL to be better than Rondo, but that's a completely different argument, really.

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2013, 12:55:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

Rondo- 48.4% FG
Bledsoe - 44.5% FG

Bledsoe is a better 3 point shooter (39.7% versus 24% for Rondo); but Rondo is far better at getting into the paint, and he is one of the best midrange jump shooters among PGs (Rondo shoots 51.3% inside the arc, versus 45.3% for Bledsoe).

If you look at their true shooting (which takes 3 pointers and free throws into account) they are essentially identical, but Rondo with a 0.3% lead.

Rondo is a better rebounder and passer, however. Bledsoe is a better defender (not that Rondo is a slouch at that, either, though).

I don't think you can make an argument that Bledsoe is "clearly" better than Rondo. I think you can argue that he has the POTENTIAL to be better than Rondo, but that's a completely different argument, really.
Deandre Jordan shoots 64.3% from inside the arc. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2013, 12:56:28 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
You do this deal.

In a better world it is a three team deal, moving Bledsoe and Jordan to Utah and we get back Milsap.

Move PP for parts, and try to unload Jet and Bass.

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2013, 12:59:43 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Yeah, I've said it before [along with a million others]...unless we develop a very good chance at competing for a championship this year through trades, the best option is to cash in our 'old' chips for new ones. This is a humongous haul for KG [and Doc]. With this deal not seemingly including Paul, we could also acquire additional assets for him. I imagine the plan would be for him to be bought out and join the Clips for the MLE.

If we are going to do this thing, I want to go big. We could end up with a foundation of Rondo, Bledsoe, Gordon [?}, Green, Sully, Deandre, and 3 first round picks this year [with more possibly to come]. I don't include Bradley because I imagine he would be gone with PP in a potential deal with N.O.

Throw in deals for Terry, Bass, and Lee and we could really go crazy here...also, I don't know that I am ready to give up on Rondo, but there has always been talk of Rondo for DMC/Tyreke.

Listen, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this current generation of Celtics, but if we can catapult ourselves into the next generation without too much of a hitch, then we should go all out.

I like your thinking.

The current squad is not simply a minor tweak or two away from being a legit title contender. Some people say, "Hey, if we go into next season with basically the same squad, just a minor tweak or two, and we stay healthy ..."

Let me stop you right there. Healthy? Ain't gonna happen. Ain't. Gonna. Happen. KG and Pierce are wearing down, we've seen it over the last couple seasons, and the number of effective minutes they can give is getting smaller and smaller.

Like Jambr380, I LOVE these guys, but if we keep them, the odds are (in my opinion) that we'll have another regular season of uninspired, middling play, followed by another first-round exit. Sure, KG and Pierce would then come off the books, but who's gonna want to come to Boston when the only big draw is Rondo? That's just not enough to attract star players, especially if Doc is gone, too.

If Danny flips Doc and KG for Bledsoe, Jordan, and two first-rounders, and flips Pierce and Bradley for, say, Gordon, we'd have a lot of good young assets that could be used to trade for a couple of the aforementioned star players. Heck, we could also maybe trade Rondo for Evans and Cousins, and then we'd have:

Tyreke Evans
DeMarcus Cousins
Jared Sullinger
Eric Gordon
Eric Bledsoe
DeAndre Jordan
Jeff Green

That's a lot of young, high-potential talent that surely some teams would be willing to give up stars for.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
its a done deal guys per mystupidsportsblog.com Doc to the coyotes

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
What a phenomenal trade this would be for both teams.

1. Chris Paul wants a ring - he has a "far greater" chance of getting one with Rivers, Garnett and Pierce over the next 2-3 years than he does with DeAndre Jordan. Bledsoe is somewhat irrelevant to the Clippers with Paul eating up most of the minutes at point - you can replace Bledsoe.

2. The Celtics need to rebuild - period - and they could be almost completely rebuilt in one year by making this move.

Clippers:
KG / Free agent Center / Chris Wilcox
Blake Griffin / Lamar Odom
Paul Pierce / Matt Barnes
Willie Green / Jamaal Crawford
Chris Paul / Chauncey Billups
* If the Clippers can sign a decent, legit back up center they get way more production out of the Center spot
* If they trade Griffin for Howard, KG moves to the PF
* Very versatile, veteran team, lead by Doc Rivers

The Celtics
DeAndre Jordan / Fab Melo
Jared Sullinger / Bass
Jeff Green / Free agent
Bradley / Courtney lee
Rondo / Bledsoe

2013 Draft picks: this year's 16th and the Clipper's 25th?
2014: Our own pick and the Clipper's 1st?

With Rondo leading that young, fast team, I think we easily make the playoffs.

If there is a way that we could also figure out how to get Josh Smith as a free agent?...I say we will be right in the mix of the ECF's next season.

DeAndre Jordan / Melo / Draft pick
Josh Smith / Jared Sullinger / Bass
Jeff Green / Free agent /
Bradley / Courtney Lee / Draft pick
Rondo / Bledsoe / TWill

Jordan is probably a bit overapaid but he's only on book for another 2 years and if you could turn him into a defensive focused center, you've got something going.   

I think it's great for both teams - Clippers could raise a banner in the next year or two and then would have cap to add more players around Chris Paul.

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2013, 01:57:27 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

2013 Draft picks: this year's 16th and the Clipper's 25th?
2014: Our own pick and the Clipper's 1st?

There is a rule that a team can't give up consecutive first round draft picks and the Clippers gave up their 2012 draft pick for CP3.  So that means we would get their 2014 draft pick (which is shaping up to be the deepest draft since 2003) and most likely their 2016 pick.  I am all for getting as many 2014 picks as possible, but I am hesitant to give up two hall of famers for a 6th man and a center who can't hit free throws.  Plus, the Clippers will win around 60 games with that team so it's not like we'll be drafting anywhere that great (although David West was at the end of the 1st round in 2003)

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2013, 02:06:14 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
What a phenomenal trade this would be for both teams.

DeAndre Jordan / Melo / Draft pick
Josh Smith / Jared Sullinger / Bass
Jeff Green / Free agent /
Bradley / Courtney Lee / Draft pick
Rondo / Bledsoe / TWill

I like Green/Smith/Jordan as a front line working with Rondo.  You would have to have a big time shooter to play the 2.  One big problem that someone pointed out to me a few months ago was, Jordan and Smith are horrible at free throws.  You would have to play Green at the 4 and Smith at the 5 in crunch time.  Jordan to the bench.