Author Topic: Source: Vinny Del Negro to be given serious consideration if Doc leaves  (Read 2670 times)

Offline LooseCannon

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 721
Reportedly, Ainge likes VDN because he would bring a more-up-tempo offense.

That makes some sense because I think Ainge has been making the mistake of acquiring personnel that he hopes would force Doc to go with more of a running offense.

In the abstract, I think some people here would love the idea of the next Celtics coach being someone from the Popovich coaching tree who wants a faster-paced offense that pushes the ball up the floor.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline sed522002

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 152

Offline snively

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 383
I don't pay much attention to coaching outside the C's - anyone care to list VDN's faults as a coach?
Pick 2 Team: Rockets (McHale)
PG M. Chalmers ($4 mil) SG J. Harden ($5.8 mil) SF W. Chandler ($5.9) PF Nene ($13) C S. Hawes ($6.5) 6th man: Ginobli ($14.1) 7th man: Marv Williams ($8.3) Enforcers: F. Ezeli ($1), C. Hayes ($5.5) Bench Marksman: A. Morrow ($4) Young Gun: R. Jackson ($1.2) Greybeard: P. Prigioni ($.5) Towel-Waver: Mike Scott ($.5)

Offline gpap

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 199
Yeah, Del Negro would not have been my first choice either.

He's been fired from the Clips and Bulls in the last 5 years.

I would've rather someone a little more respectable (Larry, Karl, Hollins, Shaw, etc.)

Online Fafnir

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 989
I don't pay much attention to coaching outside the C's - anyone care to list VDN's faults as a coach?
Not well respected amongst his players. Limited ability to craft an offense to fit his star's talents. He's also not a great defensive coach, he got inconsistent efforts out of the Bulls that Thibs turned into a monster and the Clippers.

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jeff Green
  • Tommy Points: 97
Not well respected amongst his players. Limited ability to craft an offense to fit his star's talents. He's also not a great defensive coach, he got inconsistent efforts out of the Bulls that Thibs turned into a monster and the Clippers.

And he is possibly the worst coach in the league at managing rotations. The Clippers playoff rotation was a complete disaster. From game to game, it honestly looked like (aside from Paul and Griffin) that minutes were allocated completely randomly.

Online rondohondo

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 772

And he is possibly the worst coach in the league at managing rotations. The Clippers playoff rotation was a complete disaster. From game to game, it honestly looked like (aside from Paul and Griffin) that minutes were allocated completely randomly.

perfect coach for a tank job

ML Carr 2.0

Offline slamtheking

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 2244
my comments from the front page article:
All a ploy

Danny: hey Doc, what’s the deal? I thought you were coming back.
Doc: yeah Danny, I’m back. who else would think I’m worth this much?
Doc and Danny: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Doc: but seriously Danny, I’m just not feeling the love of the fanbase. Too many people seem to want to get rid of me.
Danny: Don’t worry Doc. I’ve got your back. I’ll have the fans screaming that your return as coach is imperative.
Doc: How are you going to do that? it’d take a miracle.
Danny: like you not running the vets into the ground and not sitting the young players until the vets ahead of them are out with injuries?
Doc and Danny: HAHAHAHAHAHA
Doc: Good one man!
Danny: No worries Doc, just let me get this rumor about wanting Vinnie Del Negro out there as your replacement and the fanbase will be screaming to keep you.
Doc: Thanks Danny, you’re the man.
Danny: [dang] right. Now let me get back to finding the worst big man scrubs to claim as free agents to make your job tougher.
Doc and Danny: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
and the conversation went just like that. :)

Offline Tgro

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!

Sounds like a perfect replacement for Doc haters.
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.