Author Topic: An honest letter to everyone about LeBron James  (Read 46751 times)

Re: An honest letter to everyone about LeBron James
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 09:04:11 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
I think this forum is not the proper venue for Lebron Appreciation Day.

I hope Lechoke loses.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 09:12:07 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
His game changes drastically if the refs are calling things evenly

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 09:41:38 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
He is a legendary choker if you ask me.

Tonight he has to answer the call of destiny either he will conquer or he will be labeled as a choker.
So what if he has a monster triple double with 40+ points, 10+ boards and 10+ assists but his team still loses tonight. What then?

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
He still is a choker
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
LeBron is the most pampered player of all time.

Stop and consider the officiating tonight.  Two seconds into the game they gave the Heat the ball.

They took away Parker's basket by calling the greatest flop of all time - Bosh looked like he was diving into a swimming pool.

On and on and on...

Maybe people hate LeBron because he gets favortism.

If he is so great, he should be able to win while the other team gets favored.

But I have yet to see a game where the Heat are not be favored by the officials.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 10:30:40 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Yes he's currently the best in the game but overrated...the coverage he gets is disgusting/disturbing and putting him in the conversation as best ever is seriously disrespectful to legends and winners of the past...when he retires he'll be more wilt then Russell and I'd take Larry bird over him anyday.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Please watch the video link and consider if LeBron is the all time greatest flopper or not:

http://www.businessinsider.com/lebron-flop-gifs-2013-5
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 05:10:35 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
He is a legendary choker if you ask me.

Tonight he has to answer the call of destiny either he will conquer or he will be labeled as a choker.
So what if he has a monster triple double with 40+ points, 10+ boards and 10+ assists but his team still loses tonight. What then?

"It's not his fault - they don't get him any help!"?

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 06:32:26 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
TP for the effort.  I read the whole thing upon your request.

I just want to add that I had the privilege of watching Jordan play a lot in his prime, and I absolutely hated him.  I am now showing the same respect for Lebron James and his game by hating him with the same amount of passion.

Haha I am the same, though I hated Jordan a lot more.  I guess I am mellowing out in my old age.

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 06:37:40 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
he's already considered one of the greats but i think at the end of it all, any legacy he hoped of building was tainted when he jumped ship to Miami. IMO, he'll always be half "multi-MVP winner" and half "had to team up with one of the top 5 SGs and one of the top 5-10 PFs of his generation to win anything".
- LilRip

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 07:12:36 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
he's already considered one of the greats but i think at the end of it all, any legacy he hoped of building was tainted when he jumped ship to Miami. IMO, he'll always be half "multi-MVP winner" and half "had to team up with one of the top 5 SGs and one of the top 5-10 PFs of his generation to win anything".

So, just like every other single legendary title winner? Ok.

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 08:16:25 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Lebron is a great player, and without him the Heat would probably barely make the playoffs. I don't care what anybody says...Wade is not the player he once was, and Bosh is a rediculously overrated girl-scout who joined the Heat 'big three' because he knew he would never have a hope of leading any team to success on his own.

That said I can't like Lebron.  He's a spoiled brat.  In all honesty it's partly the leagues fault for handing him everything on a platter...but he's at the point where he's so used to getting foul shots every time sombody breathes on him, that now if someone breathes on him and he DOESN'T get a call he whines about it like a baby.  If he takes a 6 step travel and they call it, he whines like a baby.  If he commits a dirty foul and they call it, he whines like a baby.

It's like Dwight Howard - the superstars of today are all like attention seeking school kids.  All they want is their face on the camera...image is everything.  Makes me sick.

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 08:35:39 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

no, there's a difference. being traded is not the same as signing as colluding with your other fellow free agents to create a "superteam".  He didn't make his own path.
- LilRip

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 08:42:17 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

no, there's a difference. being traded is not the same as signing as colluding with your other fellow free agents to create a "superteam".  He didn't make his own path.

Always an excuse to knock him?

It's OK when a GM takes advantage of situations and builds a team, but players should never, ever, make decisions based on giving them the best chance to win. 

The only mistake was how they announced and acted after the came together. 

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 08:52:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Neither did Magic Johnson but no one gives him crap.  Magic has said numerous times that if the Lakers didn't win the coin flip he would have gone back to school one more year.  He only came out because he wanted to go to the Lakers and play with Kareem. 

How about Moses Malone leaving Houston for Philadelphia after a MVP season to team up with Dr. J.  Where is the crap for him.

How about Kareem forcing a trade to LA.  No one says boo about that.

No one gives Shaq crap for leaving Orlando and going to Los Angeles. 

No one said anything when McGrady and Hill teamed up in Orlando (of course Hill getting hurt might have had something to do with it).

The reality is, people just treat James differently then every other super star that has ever played the game.  I'm not sure why that is, but it definitely is.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip