Author Topic: An honest letter to everyone about LeBron James  (Read 46754 times)

Re: An honest letter to everyone about LeBron James
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2014, 10:12:28 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
James is already 27th all time for total points scored in NBA history.  He will likely finish next season in the top 20. 

He is 35th all time for total assists.  He should finish next season in the mid-20's. 

He is 151st all time in rebounds and will likely move up about 30 spots next year.

He is 45th all time in steals and will likely move up 10-15 spots next year. 

He is 158th all time in blocks and should move up another 10-15 spots next year.

Now granted steals and blocks weren't around in the very early days of the NBA, but he has still done all that and is still just 29 years old.  Now granted  he has a ton of miles on his legs, but he could reasonably finish his career in the top ten in points, steals, and assists; the top 30 in  rebounds; and the top 50 in blocks.  He is a 4 time MVP, 2 time champion, and by far the best and most versatile and athletic player in the league during the time when the NBA's athleticism and skill is at an all time high.

And despite all of that, he still acts like a whiny, little girl. 

I lost in the finals for the first time in three years, whhaahh.  I sat out the last 6 1/2 minutes of the championship game because my teammates stink, whhaaah.  Bosh and Wade are no longer good enough to play with me, whhaaah.  I'm leaving to find teammates that are worthy of me, whhaaah.

The guy makes me want to puke.

Do you have links for those quotes, or are you getting physically ill thinking about a caricature that lives in your head?

« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2014, 10:15:31 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
James is already 27th all time for total points scored in NBA history.  He will likely finish next season in the top 20. 

He is 35th all time for total assists.  He should finish next season in the mid-20's. 

He is 151st all time in rebounds and will likely move up about 30 spots next year.

He is 45th all time in steals and will likely move up 10-15 spots next year. 

He is 158th all time in blocks and should move up another 10-15 spots next year.

Now granted steals and blocks weren't around in the very early days of the NBA, but he has still done all that and is still just 29 years old.  Now granted  he has a ton of miles on his legs, but he could reasonably finish his career in the top ten in points, steals, and assists; the top 30 in  rebounds; and the top 50 in blocks.  He is a 4 time MVP, 2 time champion, and by far the best and most versatile and athletic player in the league during the time when the NBA's athleticism and skill is at an all time high.

I lost in the finals for the first time in three years, whhaahh.  I sat out the last 6 1/2 minutes of the championship game because my teammates stink, whhaaah.  Bosh and Wade are no longer good enough to play with me, whhaaah.  I'm leaving to find teammates that are worthy of me, whhaaah.

Do you have links for those quotes, or are you getting physically ill thinking about a caricature that lives in your head?

Just my observations.   :)

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2014, 10:15:49 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I HATE the Queen!

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2014, 10:17:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
i'd like to know how Lebron, Wade & Bosh were going to win "not 7, not 8...." if they were only signed for 4 yr's.?
listen to that whole thing again.  Lebron never actually promised they would win any titles.  He did say that (clearly playing to the crowd), but right after that said things like if we stay healthy, if we play like we can, we have a shot at winning multiple titles.  No one actually goes past the not 1 thing because they don't like Lebron, but it was clear that he was playing to the crowd and not promising a darn thing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2014, 10:19:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
"skill at an all-time high"?

more like complete opposite. it's deteriorated into a complete iso, pick n roll, pick n pop game. and even the picks being set are a joke as most players today don't have the skills to execute those properly.
I think you should go back and watch a full finals game from the past and then watch the Spurs/Heat final on a split screen at the same time.  The skill level is significantly better today.  The game is played differently (though rule changes played a big part in that), but the skill level is without question better today.

« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2014, 10:20:53 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
What should I do?

Should I watch all the flopping and crying to refs?

Which almost everyone does, including your favorite players.  Shiiiiiitttt...Duncan had his own fair share of "crying to the refs."

Should I start doing that thing teens in malls are doing that they call Lebroning?

The fact that he became a poster child for something everybody does is a testament to how great he is. 

What should I do?

Stop belittling his talent based on your tailored hatred for the man.

Should I accept that Bron is the single most likely example of a player unashamedly on peds across all major sports?

I bet you would be among the people who would've accused Bo Jackson (the best athlete in sports history) of being on steroids.  Just because you are physically gifted doesn't mean you are on steroids.

Should I realize that Duncan is a far more accomplished player than Bron?

Only time will tell.  Duncan may be more accomplished to diehards like you and I.  Ask casual fans or someone not familiar with basketball who Tim Duncan is, and you'll get a blank stare.  Ask thesame person who Lebron James is and tell me they don't light up.

What should I do?

Give respect where it's due despite your personal feelings towards him.  That is what being an intelligent well informed fan is/should be about.

Should I root for Kevin Durant who resigned with his small market team without a word?

Durant is a "nice guy" and you know what, nice guys finish last.  Durant has always struck me as a guy who don't like to rock the boat or ruffle feathers.  That won't take you far.  It's thesame reason he doesn't have the guts to tell Westbrook to take a backseat.  It's thesame reason he refused to take charge of a team he's clearly the best talent on.

Should I be ok with a player that needs to break tampering rules to say to his buddies "Heeeyyy. We could play togeeetthhherrr?" and then still couldn't win more than 2 championships?

Don't be ridiculous.  Four straight finals with two championships or a team he singlehandedly carried for three years.  You might as well accuse Paul Pierce and KG for thesame thing then.  They only won one in 5 years.

What should I do?

Just stop.  STOP.  You're making ridiculous claims and making yourself look bad at thesame time

Should I be ok with the fact that refs never call fouls on him ever but call fouls on anyone that breathes on a player from the Heat?

Yea...like all the games he played this playoffs against the Spurs.  Oh...I remember him fouling out against us couple years ago. 

Should I be ok with the game's biggest choker?

When it's 1 against 5, it's ok.

What should I do?

Again, STOP.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
What should I do?

Should I start doing that thing teens in malls are doing that they call Lebroning?

What should I do?

Should I accept that Bron is the single most likely example of a player unashamedly on peds across all major sports?

What should I do?

Should I root for Kevin Durant who resigned with his small market team without a word?

Should I be ok with a player that needs to break tampering rules to say to his buddies "Heeeyyy. We could play togeeetthhherrr?" and then still couldn't win more than 2 championships?

What should I do?

Should I be ok with the fact that refs never call fouls on him ever but call fouls on anyone that breathes on a player from the Heat?

What should I do?
Lebron re-signed in Cleveland without much fanfare as well.  Or did you forget that?  Let's see what Durant does this next time before we start heaping all this praise on him for staying in a small market.  Let's also not forget that Westbrook is a significantly better player than anyone James had his entire time in Cleveland.  Ibaka is also better than anyone James had in Cleveland (as was Harden).  It does make it a bit easier to stay put when you can actually realistically win a title.

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2014, 10:23:18 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Just my observations.   :)

TP for the good sense of humor sir (or ma'am).

« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2014, 10:28:57 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
What should I do?

Which almost everyone does, including your favorite players.  Shiiiiiitttt...Duncan had his own fair share of "crying to the refs."

The fact that he became a poster child for something everybody does is a testament to how great he is. 

What should I do?

I bet you would be among the people who would've accused Bo Jackson (the best athlete in sports history) of being on steroids.  Just because you are physically gifted doesn't mean you are on steroids.

Only time will tell.  Duncan may be more accomplished to diehards like you and I.  Ask casual fans or someone not familiar with basketball who Tim Duncan is, and you'll get a blank stare.  Ask thesame person who Lebron James is and tell me they don't light up.

What should I do?

Give respect where it's due despite your personal feelings towards him.  That is what being an intelligent well informed fan is/should be about.

Durant is a "nice guy" and you know what, nice guys finish last.  Durant has always struck me as a guy who don't like to rock the boat or ruffle feathers.  That won't take you far.  It's thesame reason he doesn't have the guts to tell Westbrook to take a backseat.  It's thesame reason he refused to take charge of a team he's clearly the best talent on.

Don't be ridiculous.  Four straight finals with two championships or a team he singlehandedly carried for three years.  You might as well accuse Paul Pierce and KG for thesame thing then.  They only won one in 5 years.

What should I do?

Just stop.  STOP.  You're making ridiculous claims and making yourself look bad at thesame time

Yea...like all the games he played this playoffs against the Spurs.  Oh...I remember him fouling out against us couple years ago. 

What should I do?

Again, STOP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTYzwUeBPZw

« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2014, 10:32:58 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?
Lebron re-signed in Cleveland without much fanfare as well.  Or did you forget that?  Let's see what Durant does this next time before we start heaping all this praise on him for staying in a small market.  Let's also not forget that Westbrook is a significantly better player than anyone James had his entire time in Cleveland.  Ibaka is also better than anyone James had in Cleveland (as was Harden).  It does make it a bit easier to stay put when you can actually realistically win a title.
Yes. I totally forgot that the instant he did that absurd self absorbed decision thing. Totally totally forgot.

Yes yes. Bron only played with multiple all stars in Cleveland. Yes yes. They only got to the finals. Surely Bron could never have gotten anyone to play with him in Cleveland. Surely he was doomed there.

« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2014, 10:33:34 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

Again, STOP.

Yea, that's what I thought.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2014, 10:35:25 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Questions:

Does anyone think LeBron would have left Cleveland if that Cavs had been able to draft the kind of talent that Oklahoma City did?

Does anyone think that Durant's decision to stay in OKC was heavily influenced by the backlash he saw in the wake of The Decision?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2014, 10:39:09 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Questions:

Does anyone think LeBron would have left Cleveland if that Cavs had been able to draft the kind of talent that Oklahoma City did?

Does anyone think that Durant's decision to stay in OKC was heavily influenced by the backlash he saw in the wake of The Decision?
Yes.  I do think he would have left. I think the Decision would have happened in the exact same way. It was about making everything all about themselves.

No. I don't think Durant's decision to stay was influenced by Lebron.  I also don't think Duncan's decision to stay in San Antonio had anything to do with that loser.

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2014, 10:41:06 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

Again, STOP.

Yea, that's what I thought.
No. This is the part where you say "Well I guess you don't know everything about women" and then kiss your brother (unbeknownst to either of you) and then a wookie laughs at me.

« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2014, 10:44:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?

What should I do?
Yes. I totally forgot that the instant he did that absurd self absorbed decision thing. Totally totally forgot.

Yes yes. Bron only played with multiple all stars in Cleveland. Yes yes. They only got to the finals. Surely Bron could never have gotten anyone to play with him in Cleveland. Surely he was doomed there.
Multiple all stars?  Maurice Williams made 1 all star game and Zydrunas Ilgauskas made 1.  No one in Cleveland (during James' time there) made an All NBA or the All Defensive team (aside from Lebron).  Westbrook alone eclipses all of those things.  Ibaka has made 3 straight All Defense.

And that team that Lebron carried to the finals in Cleveland is most likely the worst team that has ever played in the finals.  The starting lineup for the Cavs that post-season was Lebron and a past his prime Z, and then Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, and Sasha Pavlovic and all of them were over 30 minutes a night.  Varejao managed 22, Boobie Gibson 20, Eric Snow and Donyell Marshall were over 10.  No one else played in even half of their playoff games.  Take Lebron off that team and they are lucky to win 15 games.