Author Topic: BOS PHX LAC: Perfect Trade for all! Who says no..??  (Read 2932 times)

BOS PHX LAC: Perfect Trade for all! Who says no..??
« on: June 13, 2013, 04:54:16 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
In lights of all the talks around Doc, Pierce and the Celtics, I think this is the best option closest to reality that benefits all parties involved!!!
Without further ado, here is my idea:

BOS-LAC:

We send to Phoenix before June 30th:
Pierce (16.8M) + Lee (5M) + Melo (1.2M) + DJ White (0.2M) + 2013 Pick #16 for a total of 23M going out of the books!

and we get:
Gortat (7.3M) + Frye (6M) + Tucker (0.8M) + Beasley (5.8M) + 2013 Pick #30 for a total of 20M coming in the books!

The suns then go ahead and release Pierce and DJ White and save 10M right there in their process of rebuilding while acquiring a D and 3 type of SG in Lee that they need as well as a young Center their GM like a lot in Melo that can develop while they try to win the lottery next year...

BOS-PHX

Then we send to the Clippers:
KG (11.6M) + Beasley (5.8M) + Jor. Crawford (1.2M) + 2015 2nd Round Pick for a total of 18.5M out of the books!

And we get from the Clippers:
Jordan (10.5M) + Jam. Crawford (5M) + Bledsoe (1.7M) + Compensation for a total of 17M back in the books!

Of Course we arrange it so we make sure Pierce and Doc join KG in LAC... In exchange of a compensation in the form of their 2014 first rounder..!!

Who says no here..??

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kyfrk49

Why for LAC?

They get Doc and KG and Pierce and retain Chris Paul and Blake to compete for a title and try to win now!

Paul - Jor Crawford/Free Agent MLE (Mo Williams, Harris, Calderon..?)
Billups - Green/Jor. Crawford/Barnes
Pierce - Barnes/Butler/Beasley
Blake - Odom/Beasley/Summers
KG - Hollins/Free Agent Vet(Wilcox?)/2013 Draft # 25 (Dieng,Plumlee, whitney..?)
With Doc as the coach!
This team can win the title next year!!!!

Why for PHX?

We all now Phoenix is entering full rebuilding mode!
The Beasley experience didn't quite work out well for them, so they will be very happy to get rid of him..!
Gortat made it know that he wasn't interested in Rebuilding as he is entering the prime of his career and want to compete in the the playoff!
The hiring of our former Asst GM shows they are interested in rebuilding through Drafts... They have no ambitions nor possibilities to be in the playoffs next year so they should just tank and look forward to the nice 2014 draft class!! Melo + Lee + #16 are assets that can help them both reach the goal of a good position in the lottery and collect good assets for when all the pieces will be in place!
they also need to free up cash that will be use when they are ready to contend for playoff... The 10M saved will help the get the nice complementary piece to compete at that time...
The suns GM recently said there are looking for wings so Lee comes in handy and that GM was the one selecting Melo so he knows his potential and suns have the time to let him learn and grow! So I think this works quite well for the suns and the negotiation will be between old friends which always help!! ;-)

Why for BOS?

We are set to be luxury tax payers next year!! A lot of money wasted and not a lot of flexibility under the new CBA...
Plus Doc is leaning toward leaving and that shows we are about to trade or release Pierce... KG made it know that he would come if Pierce is there... So we can imagine they want to play together! they both live in LA and the Clippers would love to have them!! Plus their coach could join too! I think this works perfect for them!

For us, it's rebuilding mode accelerated on Steroid!!!
We keep our key young assets (RR, AB, JG, Sully!) and add to them :

Jamal Crawford: A deadly scorer that can handle the ball
Bledsoe: A young athletic point guard that can fill up the stat sheet and play D
Tucker: A 3 and D SG/SF who brings toughness and known for his defense against Lebron, Carmelo and Kobe!
Frye: A PF/C who is deadly from 3 and can be a weapon for Rondo as he take the opposing center out of the paint so Rondo can operate...
Gortat: An excellent Center who plays both ends and is entering his prime!
Jordan: A young Athletic center who can get to the next level if he can add some offensive moves..

We also keep Terry (Experience and 3pt shooting in the money time!), Twill (athletic, ball handling, distribution, needs to improve team D and Shooting...), Bass (mid range assurance as well as good man D) and Shav (Rebounding beast who can finish around the rim!).

So this team can definitely make some noises in the playoff if well coached!! Young and talented!!
Here is the potential Roster if we can draft a good Small Forward in the draft (like Bullock with the #30 pick).

Rondo    -  Bledsoe  -  Terry
Jam Craw -  Bradley  -  Twill
Green    -  Tucker   -  Bullock
Sully    -  Bass     -  Shav
Gortat   -  Jordan   -  Frye

Very good team!! Right..??

What's even better is financially, this team brings us well below the tax threshold!!! We will be roughly around 66 M instead of the 79 M that we could potentially have if we stay the course... this saves us a LOT of money!! Again the "us" is not for me but for the owners but you know what I mean! lol!

We could even try to turn Jordan into Big Al if we are more concern about the offense than the D with a sign and trade with Utah...!!
And finally we have 2 first round picks in 2014 to look forward to as well as some cap flexibility! :-)

What do you guys think...????
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:03:41 PM by drogbagarnett »

Re: BOS PHX LAC: Perfect Trade for all! Who says no..??
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
Ok, with the recent news of Terry House in the Market, maybe we can switch Terry (5M) with Lee (5M) or get him directly to LA via a Sign and Trade with billups or something...
That would basically put Billups has the 3rd string PG instead of Terry for those late game big 3pt shooter every team needs... :-) 

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 05:19:32 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No interest in paying our back up center 11 million a year.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 05:40:53 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
It's more like 18M for the starting center and his back up... Not that bad in the current NBA giving the quality!
Jordan could be a potential starter, I just think Gortat is more rounded than him right now... Ideally he can develop a few nice offensive moves and become the Center of the futur for the C's (Imagine RR,AB,JG,Sully,Jordan) or if it doesnt pan out we use him as a trade bait to get a star in a trade...
And if that still not enticing enough for you, you could always go to china and get a cheap back up center... ;-)

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Yeah, why the heck would we do this..
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
In lights of all the talks around Doc, Pierce and the Celtics, I think this is the best option closest to reality that benefits all parties involved!!!
Without further ado, here is my idea:

BOS-LAC:

We send to Phoenix before June 30th:
Pierce (16.8M) + Lee (5M) + Melo (1.2M) + DJ White (0.2M) + 2013 Pick #16 for a total of 23M going out of the books!

and we get:
Gortat (7.3M) + Frye (6M) + Tucker (0.8M) + Beasley (5.8M) + 2013 Pick #30 for a total of 20M coming in the books!

The suns then go ahead and release Pierce and DJ White and save 10M right there in their process of rebuilding while acquiring a D and 3 type of SG in Lee that they need as well as a young Center their GM like a lot in Melo that can develop while they try to win the lottery next year...

BOS-PHX

Then we send to the Clippers:
KG (11.6M) + Beasley (5.8M) + Jor. Crawford (1.2M) + 2015 2nd Round Pick for a total of 18.5M out of the books!

And we get from the Clippers:
Jordan (10.5M) + Jam. Crawford (5M) + Bledsoe (1.7M) + Compensation for a total of 17M back in the books!

Of Course we arrange it so we make sure Pierce and Doc join KG in LAC... In exchange of a compensation in the form of their 2014 first rounder..!!

Who says no here..??

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kyfrk49

Why for LAC?

They get Doc and KG and Pierce and retain Chris Paul and Blake to compete for a title and try to win now!

Paul - Jor Crawford/Free Agent MLE (Mo Williams, Harris, Calderon..?)
Billups - Green/Jor. Crawford/Barnes
Pierce - Barnes/Butler/Beasley
Blake - Odom/Beasley/Summers
KG - Hollins/Free Agent Vet(Wilcox?)/2013 Draft # 25 (Dieng,Plumlee, whitney..?)
With Doc as the coach!
This team can win the title next year!!!!

Why for PHX?

We all now Phoenix is entering full rebuilding mode!
The Beasley experience didn't quite work out well for them, so they will be very happy to get rid of him..!
Gortat made it know that he wasn't interested in Rebuilding as he is entering the prime of his career and want to compete in the the playoff!
The hiring of our former Asst GM shows they are interested in rebuilding through Drafts... They have no ambitions nor possibilities to be in the playoffs next year so they should just tank and look forward to the nice 2014 draft class!! Melo + Lee + #16 are assets that can help them both reach the goal of a good position in the lottery and collect good assets for when all the pieces will be in place!
they also need to free up cash that will be use when they are ready to contend for playoff... The 10M saved will help the get the nice complementary piece to compete at that time...
The suns GM recently said there are looking for wings so Lee comes in handy and that GM was the one selecting Melo so he knows his potential and suns have the time to let him learn and grow! So I think this works quite well for the suns and the negotiation will be between old friends which always help!! ;-)

Why for BOS?

We are set to be luxury tax payers next year!! A lot of money wasted and not a lot of flexibility under the new CBA...
Plus Doc is leaning toward leaving and that shows we are about to trade or release Pierce... KG made it know that he would come if Pierce is there... So we can imagine they want to play together! they both live in LA and the Clippers would love to have them!! Plus their coach could join too! I think this works perfect for them!

For us, it's rebuilding mode accelerated on Steroid!!!
We keep our key young assets (RR, AB, JG, Sully!) and add to them :

Jamal Crawford: A deadly scorer that can handle the ball
Bledsoe: A young athletic point guard that can fill up the stat sheet and play D
Tucker: A 3 and D SG/SF who brings toughness and known for his defense against Lebron, Carmelo and Kobe!
Frye: A PF/C who is deadly from 3 and can be a weapon for Rondo as he take the opposing center out of the paint so Rondo can operate...
Gortat: An excellent Center who plays both ends and is entering his prime!
Jordan: A young Athletic center who can get to the next level if he can add some offensive moves..

We also keep Terry (Experience and 3pt shooting in the money time!), Twill (athletic, ball handling, distribution, needs to improve team D and Shooting...), Bass (mid range assurance as well as good man D) and Shav (Rebounding beast who can finish around the rim!).

So this team can definitely make some noises in the playoff if well coached!! Young and talented!!
Here is the potential Roster if we can draft a good Small Forward in the draft (like Bullock with the #30 pick).

Rondo    -  Bledsoe  -  Terry
Jam Craw -  Bradley  -  Twill
Green    -  Tucker   -  Bullock
Sully    -  Bass     -  Shav
Gortat   -  Jordan   -  Frye

Very good team!! Right..??

What's even better is financially, this team brings us well below the tax threshold!!! We will be roughly around 66 M instead of the 79 M that we could potentially have if we stay the course... this saves us a LOT of money!! Again the "us" is not for me but for the owners but you know what I mean! lol!

We could even try to turn Jordan into Big Al if we are more concern about the offense than the D with a sign and trade with Utah...!!
And finally we have 2 first round picks in 2014 to look forward to as well as some cap flexibility! :-)

What do you guys think...????

The simple answer is that the Suns say no.  They won't be taking what you offer for Gortat.  He's not a salary dump with a 1 year deal.  Secondly you can't "work it out" that PP joins the Clips.  He would be a FA.  That's just off the top of my head...

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 06:54:52 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
The simple answer is that the Suns say no.  They won't be taking what you offer for Gortat.  He's not a salary dump with a 1 year deal.  Secondly you can't "work it out" that PP joins the Clips.  He would be a FA.  That's just off the top of my head...

Ok, all these are good feedbacks, how about we send Jordan to Phoenix instead...??
Then the trade would look more like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ls2xh2q

The team will look like:

PG: RR - Bledsoe - JCraw - Bradley
SG: Jcraw - Bradley - Lee - Tucker - Bullock
SF: Green - Tucker - Beasley - Bullock
PF: Sully - Bass - Shav - Frye - Green
C:  Gortat - Frye - Melo - Shav - Sully

So we save another 2M and end up well below the tax at 64 M and still stay very competitive!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 07:19:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If the whole Clippers thing doesn't pan out (aka Doc just wants to step away from coaching for a year), I think Golden State could be a great trade partner for KG and Pierce.

Warriors get Pierce/KG/Jordan Crawford
Celts get David Lee/Andrew Bogut/Draymond Green.

Also, in a separate deal with Phoenix, how about Rondo/Sullinger/Terry for Dragic/Gortat/Dudley?

That gives you a front court of Gortat, D. Lee and Bogut and then a decent backcourt of Dragic, Bradley, C.Lee, Jared Dudley and both Jeff and Draymond Green.

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 08:57:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
By the way, regarding the trade by the OP, great idea.

If we could somehow land Bledsoe, Gortat and Jordan among others for KG and Pierce, that would be a great deal

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 12:10:21 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
So who coaches this mix bag of talent? Its gonna make a huge difference between them crashing out in round one or going to the finals
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 07:51:34 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Not a bad trade.

Phoenix isnt getting enough for Gortat, but its a addition by subtraction with Beasley

Clippers, this is really an all in for next season. Not sure that they will be up for this major of a comitment. They are trading away 2 young promising players and a 1st while taking on a bad deal in Beasley.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 08:10:01 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
If I'm Boston no way I say yes to this.  I want no part of Frye or Beasley...

If we are going to trade Pierce and KG away, we'd want to do so to achieve either one of two things:

1. Improve the team's chance of a title
2. Improve the teams Cap situation

The above trades leave us in practically the sap cap poistion (we save what, maybe 3M or 4M?) and yet we end up with the type of team that will be too good to be a high lottery team, yet too garbage to make the playoffs.

This achieves nothing aside from insulting our vets and proving to the league that we are the most unloyal team in existance, and will trade anybody for anybody just for the sake of making a trade.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If I'm Boston no way I say yes to this.  I want no part of Frye or Beasley...

If we are going to trade Pierce and KG away, we'd want to do so to achieve either one of two things:

1. Improve the team's chance of a title
2. Improve the teams Cap situation

The above trades leave us in practically the sap cap poistion (we save what, maybe 3M or 4M?) and yet we end up with the type of team that will be too good to be a high lottery team, yet too garbage to make the playoffs.

This achieves nothing aside from insulting our vets and proving to the league that we are the most unloyal team in existance, and will trade anybody for anybody just for the sake of making a trade.
I agree.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 10:12:54 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Any deal with Beasley is bad. lol
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

Also, in a separate deal with Phoenix, how about Rondo/Sullinger/Terry for Dragic/Gortat/Dudley?

If Sullinger reaches his ceiling we could be giving the two best players in this trade.