Author Topic: Your posts rank!  (Read 53891 times)

Re: Your posts rank!
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2015, 07:30:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Would be great to just freeze the names and their ranks for all levels greater than 1000 posts.

They're static for now, and the 1000+ levels probably will be for awhile, unless Danny pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

I really just want the rules to not change in this little game of "poster's prestige" we play.

I'm not ignorant to your point, but honestly, having a lot of posts on an internet message board isn't that prestigious.  If anything, it just gets you a lot of well-deserved grief from your spouse.  If you haven't had the pleasure, just trust me on this one.

Lol. My wife actually enjoys me watching the Celtics and posting in the game threads. It saves her from hearing my dumb comments and saves me from seeing her roll her eyes, like she doesn't care, when I tell her how bad KO is playing.

She especially hates it when I rewind the DVR. ;)

Too funny......it's the near exact with me....I'm not thinking out loud about the game disturbing her peace and quiet....I get the eyes rolling too .....hee hee hee ....I try not throw things at Bass ....opps , I mean the TV ;D

Ha.....I'm laughing at all the posts .....funny stuff on those game threads

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2015, 07:38:11 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
We've had quite the few Tommy Point controversies over the years. 

Even had a TP-Gate.

TPs are great and I have to actively try to not focus on them when I'm posting here.  The most embarrasing to me is when someone posts "TP! nice post" after something I wrote and then I notice that my TP counter didn't go up.  I have to try really hard not to memorize their handle, when I should be glad someone liked my post.  I feel like MacGruber and the KFBR392 license plate

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2015, 07:40:50 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We've had quite the few Tommy Point controversies over the years. 

Even had a TP-Gate.

TPs are great and I have to actively try to not focus on them when I'm posting here.  The most embarrasing to me is when someone posts "TP! nice post" after something I wrote and then I notice that my TP counter didn't go up.  I have to try really hard not to memorize their handle, when I should be glad someone liked my post.  I feel like MacGruber and the KFBR392 license plate

TP!

Wait for it.....  ;D

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2015, 07:46:14 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Current post-based member groups for 1000+ posts:

Bill Walton             1000    
Don Chaney             1500    
Bailey Howell              2000    
Jim Loscutoff              2500    
Ray Allen                       3000    
Antoine Walker                4000    
Rajon Rondo                 5000    
Paul Silas                          6000    
Tiny Archibald                7000    
Don Nelson                 8000    
Satch Sanders                  9000    
Danny Ainge                   10000    
Ed Macauley                    11000    
Frank Ramsey                     12000    
K.C. Jones                      13000    
Cedric Maxwell                       14000    
Reggie Lewis                     15000    
JoJo White                     16000    
Kevin Garnett                     17000    
Dennis Johnson                      18000    
Bill Sharman                      19000    
Johnny Most                      20000    
Robert Parish                      21000    
Sam Jones                      22000    
Dave Cowens                      23000    
Kevin McHale                      24000    
Tommy Heinsohn              25000    
Bob Cousy                      26000    
Paul Pierce                      27000    
John Havlicek                      28000    
Larry Bird                              29000    
Bill Russell                      30000    
Red Auerbach                      31000    
Walter Brown                      32000    
James Naismith                      33000    

Excuse the formatting.

Ever think about trading Ray Allen for someone else? I am definitely not looking forward to being him for 1000 posts and there are certainly a lot of people that don't consider him a true Celtic.

I agree. I'll be there in a little while, and I'm not looking forward to looking at his name associated with mine for 1000 posts.

I'm looking at all the names up there, and I'm not seeing anyone that so many Cs fans have real animosity towards (while many don't) aside from him. Rondo and 'Toine may have been polarizing figures here, but  heck, put James Posey or Gerald Henderson up there before Allen.

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
... put James Posey or Gerald Henderson up there before Allen.

Ray was a 3-time all-star here, and set the all-time record for threes while in green.  He also scored 51 points in a playoff game, tied for second in team playoff history.  He's a big part of recent Celtics history. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2015, 08:33:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't mind Allen being on the list, but then again, I have never really cared what player I was associated with due to my post count.

I do have to admit I kinda thought it was cool to be the only Tommy Heinsohn on the board for a while. Thanks for killing that feeling, Roy.  ;) ;D

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2015, 08:59:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Ray was a 3-time all-star here, and set the all-time record for threes while in green.  He also scored 51 points in a playoff game, tied for second in team playoff history.  He's a big part of recent Celtics history.

Benedict Arnold contributed mightily to the Patriots cause prior to his betrayal because he was looked over for a position (that sounds familiar to me) and Judas was one of the most respected of the apostles before he got his 30 pieces of silver (ah, but Ray was much more honorable because he only took 15 compared to the 30 we offered, to intentionally stick it to Ainge, Doc and Rondo, his pals (KG and PP) who blocked his trade for Mayo be [dang]ed.

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2015, 09:10:51 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Benedict Arnold contributed mightily to the Patriots cause prior to his betrayal because he was looked over for a position (that sounds familiar to me) and Judas was one of the most respected of the apostles before he got his 30 pieces of silver (ah, but Ray was much more honorable because he only took 15 compared to the 30 we offered, to intentionally stick it to Ainge, Doc and Rondo, his pals (KG and PP) who blocked his trade for Mayo be [dang]ed.

It's an old argument, but I still don't understand why loyalty is a one-way street.  The Celtics can repeatedly try to trade Ray, but he's a traitor for deciding his own fate in free agency?

Without Ray Allen, we're still stuck on 16.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2015, 09:26:50 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

It's an old argument, but I still don't understand why loyalty is a one-way street.  The Celtics can repeatedly try to trade Ray, but he's a traitor for deciding his own fate in free agency?

It may be an old argument, and I agree that that point of view has been around since Allen left, but if you intend to connote "old argument" as a baseless, tired, old saw as it sometimes is used, I very much disagree.

The loyalty that he owed wasn't to Ainge who tried to trade him, nor to Doc who started Bradley over him,nor to Rondo who lobbied Doc to start Bradley over Allen. I get why he wanted to get back at them, especially given his diva-ness.

Rather, the loyalty that he owed was to KG and PP, the guys who kept him here. Pretty clear about how KG feels about him.

And we may not have won 17 without him, but one could make the argument that we wouldn't have won that year without Posey, also.

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2016, 12:36:40 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

It may be an old argument, and I agree that that point of view has been around since Allen left, but if you intend to connote "old argument" as a baseless, tired, old saw as it sometimes is used, I very much disagree.

The loyalty that he owed wasn't to Ainge who tried to trade him, nor to Doc who started Bradley over him,nor to Rondo who lobbied Doc to start Bradley over Allen. I get why he wanted to get back at them, especially given his diva-ness.

Rather, the loyalty that he owed was to KG and PP, the guys who kept him here. Pretty clear about how KG feels about him.

And we may not have won 17 without him, but one could make the argument that we wouldn't have won that year without Posey, also.
That sounds about right, I am not so bitter at Allen as I was a year ago.

In any case, I am very pleased to have recently been elevated to Antoine Walker status. He is one of my favorite Celtics of all time!

« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2016, 12:51:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
does any one know what 'NCE' stands for?

« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2016, 05:37:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
No Current Events

It means the poster is restricted from participation in the Current Events forum.

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2016, 05:44:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

That sounds about right, I am not so bitter at Allen as I was a year ago.

In any case, I am very pleased to have recently been elevated to Antoine Walker status. He is one of my favorite Celtics of all time!

TP and congrats on your new status... Can't wait to get there myself. ;)

« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2016, 06:02:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
No Current Events

It means the poster is restricted from participation in the Current Events forum.

who do I contact to inquire about this NCE designation?

« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2016, 06:16:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
No Current Events

who do I contact to inquire about this NCE designation?
I would send Roy H. a personal message.