Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather: "I'm Giving The Fans What They Want."  (Read 2747 times)

Floyd Mayweather: "I'm Giving The Fans What They Want."
« on: May 30, 2013, 04:53:49 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
When I first read that, I thought we were finally getting Mayweather and Pacquiao but instead - on September 14th, we'll see Mayweather fight Canelo Alvarez. Mayweather crushed Robert Guerrero in his first fight since being released from jail, improving his record to 44-0 and will put it on tha line against Canelo Alvarez (42-0-1). Not sure how many boxing fans are here within tha CB community but if you are a boxing fan, this is a fight you want to see. Mayweather has been criticized for "handpicking" his fights to pad his undefeated record. I don't believe it but for tha ones that think he does, this is their chance to see if Mayweather's really as great as his record says. I think he is and I think he'll improve to 45-0 on September 14th.

This fight has tha potential to be tha biggest second non-heavyweight fight ever on PPV and also Mayweather's biggest payday ever. Alvarez is 22 years old and has a huge following within tha Mexican comminuty. He's deemed a credible threat to Mayweather's pristine record but will he be tha 1 in 44-1? Both fighters are undefeated. Whose 0 will go?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/05/30/canelo-alvarez-could-be-floyd-mayweathers-biggest-payday-ever/
Loyalty Is Royalty

Re: Floyd Mayweather: "I'm Giving The Fans What They Want."
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
When I first read that, I thought we were finally getting Mayweather and Pacquiao but instead - on September 14th, we'll see Mayweather fight Canelo Alvarez. Mayweather crushed Robert Guerrero in his first fight since being released from jail, improving his record to 44-0 and will put it on tha line against Canelo Alvarez (42-0-1). Not sure how many boxing fans are here within tha CB community but if you are a boxing fan, this is a fight you want to see. Mayweather has been criticized for "handpicking" his fights to pad his undefeated record. I don't believe it but for tha ones that think he does, this is their chance to see if Mayweather's really as great as his record says. I think he is and I think he'll improve to 45-0 on September 14th.

This fight has tha potential to be tha biggest second non-heavyweight fight ever on PPV and also Mayweather's biggest payday ever. Alvarez is 22 years old and has a huge following within tha Mexican comminuty. He's deemed a credible threat to Mayweather's pristine record but will he be tha 1 in 44-1? Both fighters are undefeated. Whose 0 will go?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/05/30/canelo-alvarez-could-be-floyd-mayweathers-biggest-payday-ever/

What, does Alvarez fight once a month? I don't follow boxing but that sounds like a lot at 22. Is it common? If so, Mayweather must box once a year?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:35:22 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

What, does Alvarez fight once a month? I don't follow boxing but that sounds like a lot at 22. Is it common? If so, Mayweather must box once a year?

It is alot. Alvarez's debut was in 2005 But his first 20 fights were amateur bouts. So his record is tied with his amateur and professional career. Mayweather's record is just during his professional career, which was debuted in 96.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 06:00:05 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

It is alot. Alvarez's debut was in 2005 But his first 20 fights were amateur bouts. So his record is tied with his amateur and professional career. Mayweather's record is just during his professional career, which was debuted in 96.

Thanks! TP.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)