Author Topic: Trade idea: Avery Bradley and Brandon Bass for JJ Redick  (Read 5610 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Redick is a free agent so it would be a sign and trade and wed probably have to sign him for 3 or 4 years at 7 to 8 million a year.
We'd be essentially replacing Avery with a bigger 2 guard that can shoot the lights out. Obviously not as good a defender but has improved a lot and can probably keep getting better. Would be dynamite with Rondo finding him of ball screens ala Ray Allen.
Redick obviously lacks the defensive prowess of Avery, but he's taller, and a far superior offensive player who's never actually played in the NBA with a true pass first point guard. His two back court counterparts have been Jameer Nelson and Brandon Jennings.
We know that Ainge loves Redick, but I wonder if the Bucks would take back Bass's deal for Avery.
So yeah, replacing Avery with JJ Redick, and dumping Bass's deal and replacing with Redicks.
I feel Redick is more valuable than Bass at around that price point and if you can gt him for 6-8 million a year he's on a contract that's very valuable if we need to trade him in a blow it up scenario.

Put Rondo with one of the best long range shooters in the NBA.
We could sign him as a free agent but we need to move at least one of Bass, Terry or Lee to clear cap Room for a better asset and a player wholl be worth more to us in the long run either way.
Other variations would be Melo, future 2nd rounder + Bass or whatever you want.
Is Bradley too much for Redick? They just wont take on Bass's deal for nothing.

Avery Bradley, 6' 2", 180 pounds, Per 36 minutes:
points 11.6
assists 2.6
rebounds 2.8
Free throw 75%
Field Goal 40.1%
3P FG 31.7%

JJ Redick, 6' 4", 191 pounds Per 36 minutes (for Orlando)
points 17.3
assists 5.0
rebounds 2.7
Free throw  89%
Field goal 45%
3P Field goal 39%

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:51:01 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Trade idea: Avery Bradley and Brandon Bass for JJ Redick
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 03:22:16 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Looking at Milwaukee's needs and contract situations, I don't see any situation where they want to take on Bradley (or, to them, another undersized guard). Nor do they particularly need another PF.

Also, I've read that their preferred backcourt of the future would be Ellis and Reddick. With that in mind, I'd try to trade for Jennings to keep as an instant offense/sixth man type (while jettisoning some of the redundancy there in Crawford and Terry).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:30:42 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Looking at Milwaukee's needs and contract situations, I don't see any situation where they want to take on Bradley (or, to them, another undersized guard). Nor do they particularly need another PF.

Also, I've read that their preferred backcourt of the future would be Ellis and Reddick. With that in mind, I'd try to trade for Jennings to keep as an instant offense/sixth man type (while jettisoning some of the redundancy there in Crawford and Terry).

I dont think theyll keep Jennings and Monta. So they might want Redick and Monta but if Redick wants out they have no choice. They get a solid defensive 2 and can let Monta do the scoring. Avery guards their 1 or 2 offensive threat to let Monta conserve energy.
I mean surely theyd take him if Redick wants out.

they have the caproom for Bass, and hed be a solid big off the bench and great locker room presence. Can guard Melo, Lebron etc in playoffs and Avery can guard the guards.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 03:43:23 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Right--missed that JJ was an UFA. I think I might be trying to sabotage it as Reddick sticks out as one of my least favorite NBA players.

That said, I like what he brings to the floor in our offensive sets if we're keeping KG and Pierce around for another year.

We'd have

Guards and wings:
Rondo/Williams
Lee/Reddick/Crawford
Green/Pierce

Bigs:
Sully/Shav
KG/Wilcox/Shav/White

Still needs a big, I think.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 03:53:10 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I can see the logic behind it, because Avery as our starting SG frightens me... and we clearly already have a great point guard in Rondo. 

But I'm not that high on JJ.  Poor defender... wasn't all that great on the Bucks in 28 games (40%/32%). 

Even if we signed Redick as a free agent, It would be similar to bringing in Courtney Lee or Jason Terry... half this forum would overreact like he was the missing piece to a contender.  Redick, Lee and Terry are interchangeable role players imo.  Redick is the best distance shooter of the three though. 

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 03:56:59 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I belive JJ Redick is a Free Agent, so I guess that throws out the trade idea.

But if we are looking to trade AB for a SG who can shoot and also defend, we go West.

I'd trade him for Brandon Rush, zap.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 04:36:00 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Yuck. I'm not opposed to trading Bradley, but I'd prefer whoever comes back to be a PF/C or I'll be quite unhappy. A swap of guards would not do much for this team IMO.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 05:47:53 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Right--missed that JJ was an UFA. I think I might be trying to sabotage it as Reddick sticks out as one of my least favorite NBA players.

That said, I like what he brings to the floor in our offensive sets if we're keeping KG and Pierce around for another year.

We'd have

Guards and wings:
Rondo/Williams
Lee/Reddick/Crawford
Green/Pierce

Bigs:
Sully/Shav
KG/Wilcox/Shav/White

Still needs a big, I think.

Yeah you are right, id prefer him and this deal more if we keep KG and Pierce, because Redick would be of better use. Problem with that is we lose Bass to ard Melo, Lebron and cocome playoff time.
But then again Redick is probably always going to be a solid asset to trade., moreso than Bass.

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 05:53:51 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
I belive JJ Redick is a Free Agent, so I guess that throws out the trade idea.

But if we are looking to trade AB for a SG who can shoot and also defend, we go West.

I'd trade him for Brandon Rush, zap.

So how do we sign him when we are over the cap. We must dump someones contract to gethim. That being Bass. Because Redick is more valuable than Bass, theyd want something in return for taking Bass off our hands...
Hope that makes sense..we cant sign him even if we amnestis Pierce because we are still over the cap. So if we keep Pierce and want to give him and KG a real shot at going on a deep run, a 3 point shooter like Redick on a reasonable deal to space the floor (like Ray Allen) would be a good idea.
The sacrifice we make is Avery Bradley, but Redick is better than Bradley and Bradley is a trade chip anyway- theres no way Danny keeps him as our starting 2 guard of the future.
I 100% guarantee Danny would do this deal, problem is bucks might want more. He LOVES Redick.

Imagine Pierce, Redick and Green on the floor with KG and Rondo as a small ball line up. 3 excellent shooters with Rondo and KG doing their thing. Green can drive and dish, rondo can drive and dish and KG csn post and dish. Could be deadly.

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 06:56:14 AM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
Deleted.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:22:49 PM by Afam »

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 07:26:32 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
?

no

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 07:33:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You over value JJ Redick much.   I don't think he is worth it.

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 07:58:45 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
All this trade scenarios that people have been proposing seems to me to be an attempt to keep Paul pierce in a celtics uniform .Lets face guys Paul pierce is a goner. Ainge has probably made his decision or close to it. If  it wasn't that way , ainge would came out and said pierce is returning to the celtics this season. Plus pierce has been in every trade rumor for the last couple of years so his ego must have taken a beating. How many times have you heard Lebron, dirk, Duncan In trade rumors. Never or rarely ever. It's time for pierce to be moved.

Regardless of what Ainge plans to do, it would make zero business sense for him to come out and say what he was doing until he absolutely has to.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 08:14:49 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I am not trading Bradley for JJ Redick. Same mistake Milwaukee just made sending out a talented young player (Tobias Harris) for Redick a few months ago.

Redick isn't worth losing a piece like Bradley or T.Harris.

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 08:43:17 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
I am not trading Bradley for JJ Redick. Same mistake Milwaukee just made sending out a talented young player (Tobias Harris) for Redick a few months ago.

Redick isn't worth losing a piece like Bradley or T.Harris.

I don't think Redick has ever played in the NBA with a true pass first point guard. He's played with Jameer Nelson and Brandon Jennings. Rondo would probably get him to 20ppg if he got back to shooting his career 3 point % of 40%. He's just a very good fit for our system and Doc's offense.
We need shooting desperately. Avery and Rondo just won't cut it on the offensive end.

These do not include defensive impact but also does not include JJ's scoring off set plays and his ability to stretch the floor...ie Ray Allen was a far poorer defender than JJ Redick...
Food for thought. Obviously you don't want to pay more than 8 million and would hope for 7 million.

Avery Bradley, 6' 2", 180 pounds, Per 36 minutes:
points 11.6
assists 2.6
rebounds 2.8
Free throw 75%
Field Goal 40.1%
3P FG 31.7%

JJ Redick, 6' 4", 191 pounds Per 36 minutes (for Orlando)
points 17.3
assists 5.0
rebounds 2.7
Free throw  89%
Field goal 45%
3P Field goal 39%