Author Topic: Trade Idea: Rondo to Utah  (Read 3311 times)

Re: Trade Idea: Rondo to Utah
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 10:26:43 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Celtics trade: Rajon Rondo and Brandon Bass
Utah Trades: Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson

No thanks.  I doubt Millsap and Big Al would re-sign for small enough deals to make the money work there, anyways.
You think they're both getting deals north of 10 million per year?
I personally think they will, Jefferson will probably get in the 12-13 range and Millsap probably gets in the 10 range.  Now granted that puts their starts a bit lower, but not enough to where the dollars would work.  I also have no idea why Utah would want Bass.  It really doesn't make a lot of sense for them as the whole point of trading for Rondo would be to go into win now mode and they won't do that if they give up Jefferson and Millsap.

Yeah, I think Big Al gets $12-13 million and Millsap around $10 million. So $22-23 million for the pair of them. Rondo will be paid just under $12 million and Bass $6.5 million next season. So that is roughly $18.5 million. 125% + $100k of that $18.5 is $23.225 million. Can always include one or more the China guys as filler if figures slightly off.

I think it works financially. Not sure I would do it from a basketball standpoint but I thought it was interesting enough to post the idea and see what others thought of it. A way to bring in two strong big men who can really improve Boston's interior play.

As for Bass -- I don't think Utah would want Bass. Just the price they have to pay to get their hands on Rajon Rondo. Which I think they would be happy enough to do. To put Rondo alongside G.Hayward, D.Favors and E.Kanter. A strong young team in the making there.

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I like Millsap but both of them makes us the Boston Jazz doesn't it?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 01:48:30 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I like Millsap but both of them makes us the Boston Jazz doesn't it?

Not if KG and PP come back healthy. It'd be the ultimate one year push probably. It fills our biggest need, which is the front court and allows us to rest KG. If we can then either use the #16 pick to get a PG who can contribute now or package it with the likes of Lee/Terry/Crawford for a guy who can lead the offense and let us move Bradley back to starting SG that would be a pretty formidable roster, at least for next year.

Big Al/KG
KG/Millsap/Sully
Pierce/Green
Bradley/Lee/Terry/Crawford
? (#16 or whoever we can get in a trade for the pick)

I wouldn't do it, but if Danny thinks KG and PP have enough in the tank for another push maybe he swings for the fences and tries to send them out with another ring.