Author Topic: Would you do this trade?  (Read 509 times)

Would you do this trade?
« on: May 29, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »

Offline joey_sorensen

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Obviously since the Warriors have been eliminated a lot has been said about the future of their team and the cap situation they are in with the money committed to Bogut, Biedrens and Jefferson.

First let me state that I am against moving Pierce (mostly because I live in Australia and I am coming to Boston in November and I want to see my favourite player play!!)

However,

I thought a trade of Pierce and Bradley for Klay Thomson and a first made a lot of sense for both teams.

For GSW they can buy out Pierce's contract, and let him become a free agent and save money to spend on Jack and Landry if they want them that bad. (I confess I haven't looked up exactly how much they would save so maybe this trade makes no sense) and then they would get a defensive stud to pair with Curry in the back court, who would most likely be cheaper than what Thomson will end up. Bradley has shown he can hit the three relatively well which would keep some of the floor spacing for the Warriors.

For the Celtics, we obviously get a potential building block for the future who would complement Rondo. With Thomson's outside shooting it would mean that the D would be able to help on Rondo less which will help him out immensely or if they help and leave Thomson he has shown he can be a deadly 3 pt threat. I'm sure a lot of people will say they don't want to trade Bradley, but the reality is if we have both Rondo and Bradley in the backcourt of the future we could be in trouble as they are too offensively limited.

Maybe we would have to take back of the dubs bad contracts, but if we are starting the rebuild we may as well if it means we can get a future starter.