Author Topic: Way to get Gortat and then Al Jefferson  (Read 4633 times)

Re: Way to get Gortat and then Al Jefferson
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 11:11:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Who plays PG?

Haven't you heard?  We don't need a point guard.  Point guards don't win titles.

Miami Heat's PG is Mario Chalmers!  ;D

Okay, okay...he's only in because he has LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and Ray Allen in his team.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 11:17:42 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
If we get one, we don't need the other.

Well, I was thinking in terms of if you add 2 more big guys, that's less you can play KG during the regular season and keep him preserved for the playoffs.

Besides, I don't think you can ever have enough size.

That's the only way we are ever going to beat Miami.

Getting rid of Rondo will make us less likely to beat Miami, not more likely. He gives them fits and they don't seem to be able to contain him without a Wade takedown.

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 11:50:30 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If we get one, we don't need the other.

Well, I was thinking in terms of if you add 2 more big guys, that's less you can play KG during the regular season and keep him preserved for the playoffs.

Besides, I don't think you can ever have enough size.

That's the only way we are ever going to beat Miami.

Horrible trade. No way getting rid of Green is worth bringing in Beasley. Green is twice the player than Beasley, PP can't play a ton of minutes, and Green next to KG was one of our better players in the playoffs.

Rondo is way more valuable the Big Al when it comes to the play offs, and for this team who needs some one that can get them shots. Big Al can't really do that for PP and KG.

So we loose two of our best players for two Starting centers and wast of talent SF that wont be able to guard the Lebrons and Melos, unlike Green.

Bradley/Barbosa
Terry/Williams
PP/Beasley
KG/Bass/Sully
Big Al/Gortat/Randolph

We're big but become very slow and less athletic. And hurts our future after next season, because you possible end up with...

Bradley
Williams
Beasley
Bass/Sully
Big Al/Randolph

Thats the core of your rebuild...

Appose to...

Rondo
Bradley/Williams
Green
Bass/Sully
2013 pick or FA/Randolph

If you were a FA who would you rather play with?

Two things

1.) This is a move more for next year to maximize KG and Paul's final year of their career. I thought that's what everyone on this board wanted and that's what I want.

2.) I don't quite get the love affair with this Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully future foursome.  That (at least to me) is just not a good team. If they win 30 games, I'd be surprised.

If the Celts could resign Gortat after next season, then
I am not sure how a foursome of Gortat, Jefferson, Bradley and Beasley is any worse than Rondo, Bradley, Green and Sully.

Not to mention, the Celts can just pick up a decent pg along the way either through draft, free agency or trade.

And Shavlik Randolph??? Really? ???

! Yeah I get its just for next year, and thats a problem. Its sets them back even further the year after. AND you can't have Big Al and Gortat on the floor at the same time, its a defensive liability. One or the other not both,and neither would want to come off the bench. Just a bad move. Beasley is not going to help you win a championship unless he gets  a head transplant. Probably wont happen after one season, so thats a waste of trading Green, who is a much better player.

2 Rondo,Bradley,Green,Sully trumps a Gortat, Jefferson, Bradley and Beasley team to build off from. Why, who's your PF, AL or Gortat? Plus its less athletic like I said, and slow. Gortot going to guard Lebron? And again Green is better than Beasley, thats what make the trade so bad, especially when you toss Rondo out for Black hole sun Big Al. You don't have some one to say NO to him.

You do one or the other trades, use Bass instead of Green and take no part in Beasley unless a third team is up for it.

Randolph is there because he's on contract, or at least should be, can't remember if the two year included this year or was and additional.

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 12:37:09 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
this would be the best way to become a really bad team. The NBA is moving away from an "inside game" and "post play" and you want to stack this team with ancient relics from the NBA past?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:44:39 AM by lightspeed5 »

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 01:06:53 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
this would be the best way to become a really bad team. The NBA is moving away from an "inside game" and "post play" and you want to stack this team with ancient relics from the NBA past?

I disagree that getting big skilled players to build around is the same as being a bad team. I don't know how Gortat and Jefferson would work together, my inclination is not great, but they aren't a bad pair because they're big, they're a poor mix because they're redundant in too many ways.

If you put Duncan and KG together, I don't think any small ball lineup compensates for that.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 01:30:26 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
i dont want gortat, and i dont want that black hole al jefferson. enough with these outdated dinosaurs who cant play.

rofl

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 01:32:11 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

oh my god you are hilarious LOL

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 08:05:40 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Big Al and Gortat are both centers, so this wouldn't work that great.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Who plays PG?

Haven't you heard?  We don't need a point guard.  Point guards don't win titles.

This team needs size ALOT more than it needs a point guard. Indiana is in the ECF right now. Who is the all-star point guard on their team? George Hill is a decent player but I don't think he's in the proverbial top 10 PG class.

It's probably not a coincidence that the Pacers are doing well with size like Hibbert, West, Hansborough and Mahimi.

And watch Spurs beat them mercilessly (if they get through Miami) because they have Parker.

We're going to trade away our best player, an allstar, and the guy who 95% of the time orchestrate our offense, who has won a championship, who has taken us to the finals few times, who does everything, who gets everyone their shots, who makes things a lot easier for our aging core,...all for couple of parts.  Wow
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:58:16 AM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 08:59:21 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Who plays PG?

This team needs size ALOT more than it needs a point guard. Indiana is in the ECF right now. Who is the all-star point guard on their team? George Hill is a decent player but I don't think he's in the proverbial top 10 PG class.

It's probably not a coincidence that the Pacers are doing well with size like Hibbert, West, Hansborough and Mahimi.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Pacers are doing well.  I think Hibbert and West (and, to a lesser extent, Hansborough and Mahinmi) have a lot to do with that success. 

I also don't think it's a coincidence that the Spurs are in the finals.  The play of their star point guard clearly has a lot to do with that.  Of course, so does the play of their aging, legendary big man. 

Anyway, I think there's more than one way to skin a cat, and I also think there's more than one way to build a contending NBA basketball team.  The line of reasoning that says, "never mind point guards, the only thing that works is throwing size--any players with size--out there, and, presto, you're a contender" is a narrow and unsophisticated way to view the game of basketball.

Well, if the Celts had a point guard like Tony Parker, we'd be all set. But we don't. Rondo is decent, but he's no Tony Parker.

Rondo is better than Tony Parker hands down.  Better than Tony Parker

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 09:26:14 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
We don't need two Centers... this makes no sense.

I'd rather get Paul Millsap, and Dalembert.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 09:47:02 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Who plays PG?

And watch Spurs beat them mercilessly (if they get through Miami) because they have Parker.

We're going to trade away our best player, an allstar, and the guy who 95% of the time orchestrate our offense, who has won a championship, who has taken us to the finals few times, who does everything, who gets everyone their shots, who makes things a lot easier for our aging core,...all for couple of parts.  Wow

Even I wouldn't trade Rondo in this deal.

But I have to say - I didn't realize that Rondo is solely responsible for every single positive thing that the franchise has accomplished in the last seven years.

Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen say hi.

;D
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 10:32:33 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Just do the Gortat deal.

That way, the Celtics have the talented big bodies and the PG.

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Who plays PG?

Haha. Rondo singlehandedly took the Celtics to the finals in 2008 and 2010, huh?
Ooookkkaaaay.

And for your information, the players I am referring to in this post in Jefferson and Gortat are not spare parts but starting NBA centers. The only spare part is Beasley.

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 11:33:29 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
We don't need two Centers... this makes no sense.

I'd rather get Paul Millsap, and Dalembert.

I am pretty sure Gortat and/or Al can play the 4.

Besides in my original post, I mention Al OR Millsap.