Author Topic: Avery Bradley/Fab Melo for Bismack Biyombo/Brandon Haywood  (Read 2915 times)

Re: Avery Bradley/Fab Melo for Bismack Biyombo/Brandon Haywood
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 08:41:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think it's pretty bad for both teams. 

For Charlotte they have Ramon Sessions, Kemba Walker, and Gerald Henderson, and just in case they're feeling stupid they have Ben Gordon too. And they maaayyy end up taking a Victor O in the draft or something.  They don't need Avery there all that bad.

In the mean time they have only have a young Byron Mullens, young Bismack, and free agent Josh McRoberts at the big spots. Taking away Bismak and giving them Fab, when they already have decent guards.....maybe if they sent us back a guard and drafted a big this might make a little more sense.

For us I see no reason to give up Avery for this. Throwing in Fab too, just seals it to me.

Re: Avery Bradley/Fab Melo for Bismack Biyombo/Brandon Haywood
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Not a terrible idea, OP.

Biyombo is extremely raw.  He's 20 years old.  He was drafted #7.  He's the kind of young prospect that could develop into a real talent... and yet he's presumably "tradeable" because he's yet to light the world on fire with his play.  Biyombo averaged 10 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per 36 minutes.  I guess he reminds a lot of people of Serge Ibaka.  Both coming from the DR Congo... both raw coming into the league.  Similar play style. Freak athletes.  Biyombo is a bit shorter, but he's got a 7'7 wingspan.  Kid was drafted in the lotto for a reason... he's a project with massive upside.

Bradley is young too ... only 22 years old.  But he's basically a one-dimensional backup player.  He's definitely not a SG (too small and too offensively inept) and he's probably a long-term role player if he sticks at PG.   His stock should be pretty high right now though, because his aggressive defense has turned heads.  His upside is limited, IMO.  There's only so much success you can have with a offensively inept 6'2 180 pound "shooting guard" and this league is absolutely littered with quality PGs who lack Bradley's defensive intensity, but own him in every other regard.  I don't believe you could get Biyombo for him for the same reason that I don't believe you could get a lotto pick straight-up for Bradley, but it's a solid effort at an idea.  Adding Melo to the deal might help... but I don't know if Melo will even be in the league in a couple years.  Fab is big, but kind of a stiff.

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't watched a ton of Bobcats games this season... so I don't really have a ton of first-hand knowledge on what he's like as a player.  But I have to guess that nobody on this thread has watched a ton of Bobcats games either... so it's kind of comical how quick some of you are to say "He's a bum!" without any frame of reference.  Kid seems like he's on the right path for a 20 year old from the Congo.   Anyone have any guesses where he'd be drafted if he came out in this draft?

Call me crazy, but I'd gladly do this deal.  We need young bigs and this kid seems like he's a big time prospect.  I'd love to get him for a year under KG's mentorship. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIdhFeLiLx8

At least he's got Mutumbo's finger-wave down (another player from DR Congo)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:19:08 PM by LarBrd33 »