Author Topic: Orlando interested in Eric Bledsoe?  (Read 1750 times)

Orlando interested in Eric Bledsoe?
« on: May 29, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Very interesting:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227889/Magic-Interested-In-Trading-For-Eric-Bledsoe

Magic Interested In Trading For Eric Bledsoe

The Orlando Magic are considering Trey Burke with the No. 2 overall pick, but sources say they are not sold on him with that high of a pick and could instead target Eric Bledsoe via tarde.

The Magic would be willing to trade Arron Afflalo for Bledsoe and the expiring contract of Caron Butler.

Afflalo would give the Los Angeles Clippers a more traditional shooting guard to pair with Paul in the backcourt.

With the No. 2 pick, the Magic could then target Victor Oladipo or Ben McLemore.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

If true, I think this is something the Clips have to consider. Adding Afflalo to that starting lineup would be a perfect fit. Terrific defensive tandem with CP3.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Re: Orlando interested in Eric Bledsoe?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Hey! Are they hatin' on E'Twaun? >:( >:( >:(
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 07:04:21 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Very interesting:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227889/Magic-Interested-In-Trading-For-Eric-Bledsoe

Magic Interested In Trading For Eric Bledsoe

The Orlando Magic are considering Trey Burke with the No. 2 overall pick, but sources say they are not sold on him with that high of a pick and could instead target Eric Bledsoe via tarde.

The Magic would be willing to trade Arron Afflalo for Bledsoe and the expiring contract of Caron Butler.

Afflalo would give the Los Angeles Clippers a more traditional shooting guard to pair with Paul in the backcourt.

With the No. 2 pick, the Magic could then target Victor Oladipo or Ben McLemore.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

If true, I think this is something the Clips have to consider. Adding Afflalo to that starting lineup would be a perfect fit. Terrific defensive tandem with CP3.

That would give them a young amazing core

Vucevic
Tobias
Harkless
McLemore/Oladipo
Bledsoe

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 07:04:32 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Agreed, I think that is a great trade for both teams. if McLemore is available at #2 Orlando would have basically rebuilt their back court in the matter of a couple days.

Bledsoe > Nelson (but I'm a fan of Bledsoe, some are not)
McLemore > supposed to far better than Aflalo, in time...

For the Clippers they get a good solid starting off guard who's tough and gritty.

Good potential trade, I'd do it from both sides.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I must be missing the boat on Afflalo because I don't see how those two are of equal value. Who would the Clips rather have: Garnett or Afflalo because those are basically the players involved in rumors for Bledsoe.

[I realize that the Garnett deal may not be a reality, but there are plenty of people that would be happy acquiring Bledsoe for KG]

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 08:03:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I must be missing the boat on Afflalo because I don't see how those two are of equal value. Who would the Clips rather have: Garnett or Afflalo because those are basically the players involved in rumors for Bledsoe.

[I realize that the Garnett deal may not be a reality, but there are plenty of people that would be happy acquiring Bledsoe for KG]

The Bledsoe for Garnett rumor also involved the Clips giving up Jordan.

The current rumor is based out of Orlando. Perhaps the Clips will shoot that down too.

But Afflalo is one of the best two-way SGs in the league, and should continue to be after Garnett retires (next year?).

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 08:04:34 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
But Afflalo is one of the best two-way SGs in the league, and should continue to be after Garnett retires (next year?).

Ehh?? Where'd that come from? He's a decent player, prolly not one of the best.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 08:12:26 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Ehh?? Where'd that come from? He's a decent player, prolly not one of the best.

Top-ten scoring at SG, right next to Klay Thompson and Jamal Crawford (similar percentages, too), but also a very good defender at the 2.

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

The Bledsoe for Garnett rumor also involved the Clips giving up Jordan.

The current rumor is based out of Orlando. Perhaps the Clips will shoot that down too.

But the Clips would be much better off with two years of Garnett over Afflalo...

Offensively, Afflalo is just a shade better than Jordan Crawford was on the Wizards [and situations should compare, as both of their respective teams were horrible]. I do agree, though, that he is a very adequate defensive player...but not one of the top two-way players in the league.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 08:44:38 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Afflalo sucks. The clippers need legit scoring help and the guy cant creatw his own shot. Overrated defender too.  But thats my opinion and this is actually a very good idea.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.