Author Topic: The Lebron flopping thread  (Read 16503 times)

Re: The Lebron flopping thread
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2016, 11:19:14 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Just another flop to add to the list:

Ball Don't Lie ‏@YahooBDL 13h13 hours ago

From @freemaneric: LeBron flopped hard on an inadvertent swing from his teammate: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-flopped-hard-on-an-inadvertent-swing-from-his-teammate-021007844.html

https://vine.co/v/iEw6VKVtKhO

This is another reason that Bron Bron should never be considered as a GOAT. Disgraceful.

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2016, 07:12:02 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
That was one of the funnier things I've ever seen.

Refs should just build him a statue.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2016, 07:19:37 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
That was one of the funnier things I've ever seen.

Refs should just build him a statue.

Hey, if they can get enough refs to be members of the Academy, maybe they can just give him one for Space Jam II!!! ;D 8)

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2016, 07:32:27 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Funny thing is does anyone think the nba and refs separately do NOT watch these replays???

that is why there are conspiracy groups out there

I've never seen such one sided calls as Michael Jordan and Lebron James in the entire time I've watched pro basketball.

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2016, 08:14:01 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Funny thing is does anyone think the nba and refs separately do NOT watch these replays???

that is why there are conspiracy groups out there

I've never seen such one sided calls as Michael Jordan and Lebron James in the entire time I've watched pro basketball.

It's pretty sad the players that are so physically dominant need extra help during the game.

To me that really diminishes their supposed "greatness" as well as the credibility of the game.

Bron Bron with six games one time with not one foul called on him......

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2016, 03:01:29 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Don't know when flopping got so easy to see at the NBA level but it sure does seems to coincide with the internationalization of the players. Most of those players were probably brought up playing and watching soccer.

As an aside, NBA flopping has become almost as comically entertaining as soccer flops. Of course, that's probably because soccer players can fly through the air and only have to worry about landing on soft turf and not a hard wood floor.

I don't doubt football has had an impact. But I think it's more that previous generations of players would have been ashamed at the idea of doing it whereas modern players have the mentality that anything goes as long as we win.

The parallel in football (You know, the sport that is played with the feet) is English clubs in Europe. Whilst we've been quite successful over the years there has been a constant issue with the physicality the English club players show compared to the European style of exacerbating contact. It's held English clubs back that we haven't followed the same path.

I guess what I'm saying is that if the refs and league allow it then it is the best path for the players to take if they want to win. Just like in European football, most will say it's a legit part of the game.

Sickens me personally, it is a form of cheating just the same as drugs. The values it teaches is awful, based on principle alone the league should be fining as a % of wage at the very least