Author Topic: 2013 CB Historical Draft: Awards and Voting Results  (Read 9269 times)

Re: 2013 CB Historical Draft: Awards and Voting Results
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 02:58:49 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I finally won one after three years of draft OJT (or a category at least).

Look out folks, the rising GM is out to get you!
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 11:58:54 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Hey folks, I know the off-season is a ways away, and I don't know if there is a plan to a do a historical draft again, but I am going to throw out the idea of making the draft eligible season the 93-94 season.  This removes MJ from the discussion, so it would give the league a bit more parity. 

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 02:30:41 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I will once again suggest no one drafted in the top ten is eligible (or something like that).  Still get some all time greats, but it does eliminate the vast majority of them which should make the draft much more interesting.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 03:08:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I will once again suggest no one drafted in the top ten is eligible (or something like that).  Still get some all time greats, but it does eliminate the vast majority of them which should make the draft much more interesting.
I already have the format for this year and , as much as I appreciate the suggestion of doing a Historical Draft without players chosen in the top ten of their draft class, that would just be a lot of work for me to find all the eligible players and would require most participants to have an extremely good knowledge of NBA players that aren't necessarily "superstars".

I just think if we do the draft with all players included more people will participate and there will be an easier time trying to judge the teams, which is hard enough to do already.

This coming year's draft will be starting in the first week of May and the format is one in which the history of the NBA will be broken up into 4 eras. Each team must draft a minimum of 3 players who's year used is from each of the 4 eras.

So the eras would be:

1950-51 to 1971-72
1972-73 to 1985-86
1986-87 to 1999-2000
2000-01 to present

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 09:37:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I already have the format for this year and , as much as I appreciate the suggestion of doing a Historical Draft without players chosen in the top ten of their draft class, that would just be a lot of work for me to find all the eligible players and would require most participants to have an extremely good knowledge of NBA players that aren't necessarily "superstars".

I just think if we do the draft with all players included more people will participate and there will be an easier time trying to judge the teams, which is hard enough to do already.

This coming year's draft will be starting in the first week of May and the format is one in which the history of the NBA will be broken up into 4 eras. Each team must draft a minimum of 3 players who's year used is from each of the 4 eras.

So the eras would be:

1950-51 to 1971-72
1972-73 to 1985-86
1986-87 to 1999-2000
2000-01 to present
That works for me.  I do appreciate all the work you put into this thing.  It is a lot of fun year in and year out.  Too bad my idea is too much of a logistical nightmare as I think it would be fun.  I also think you would be surprised at just how good the teams drafted would be (I mean 1996 alone had Kobe, Nash, Peja, and Big Z).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

So the eras would be:

1950-51 to 1971-72
1972-73 to 1985-86
1986-87 to 1999-2000
2000-01 to present
That works for me.  I do appreciate all the work you put into this thing.  It is a lot of fun year in and year out.  Too bad my idea is too much of a logistical nightmare as I think it would be fun.  I also think you would be surprised at just how good the teams drafted would be (I mean 1996 alone had Kobe, Nash, Peja, and Big Z).
In the future maybe a no top 3 drafted player thing will work.