Author Topic: another Gortat trade IDEA  (Read 5468 times)

another Gortat trade IDEA
« on: May 28, 2013, 09:10:50 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ov5nlpv

suns send: Gortat, shannon brown and #5 & 30 pick
receive: wesley matthews, bradley, Fab, #10 and #16 picks

Portland sends: Matthews and # 10 pick
gets: Courtney Lee and #5 pick(they want olidipo)
http://fansided.com/2013/05/19/nba-draft-2013-portland-trailblazers-looking-to-move-up-to-take-victor-oladipo/

Celtics send: bradley, lee, Melo, #16 pick
Get: Gortat and Shannon brown, # 30 pick

Suns would be the team losing the most and a possible veto but they get 2 very nice guards and a raw project C(1st rounder from a year ago) and still have a top 10 pick and a # 16 pick.

BOS:

rondo/brown/barbosa
terry/draft Ledo #30 pick/crawford
pierce/green
KG/Bass/Sully
Gortat/KG/shav

plus 2 open spots
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:16:54 AM by Humble G »

Re: another Gortat trade IDEA
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
Deleted.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:37:52 AM by Afam »

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37

http://fansided.com/2013/05/19/nba-draft-2013-portland-trailblazers-looking-to-move-up-to-take-victor-oladipo/

Suns would be the team losing the most and a possible veto but they get 2 very nice guards and a raw project C(1st rounder from a year ago) and still have a top 10 pick and a # 16 pick.

BOS:

rondo/brown/barbosa
pierce/green
KG/Bass/Sully
Gortat/KG/shav

plus 2 open spots

How about:
Trade:

Pierce, Crawford and n 16

For

Gortat, Beasley and n 30

Rondo Bradley Barbosa
Ledo Terry Lee
Green Beasley Twill
Sully Bass Shav
KG Gortat Melo

Gortat is the bes option in terms of Quality/Price...

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:43:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I would love for  danny Ainge to try to acquire Dwight Howard, josh smith, cousins etc over Gortat.

So would most fans.  Unfortunately, we don't really have the assets to land a star player, so we need to set our sights a little lower.

I like Gortat.  He's basically a big-bodied double-double guy who plays pretty good defense.  We've been missing a guy like that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 09:46:32 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I would love for  danny Ainge to try to acquire Dwight Howard, josh smith, cousins etc over Gortat.

So would most fans.  Unfortunately, we don't really have the assets to land a star player, so we need to set our sights a little lower.

I like Gortat.  He's basically a big-bodied double-double guy who plays pretty good defense.  We've been missing a guy like that.

I know, right lol I'd love if Danny could land us Howard or Cousins but what exactly are the Celtics giving up in such a deal?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 09:54:47 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

BOS:

rondo/brown/barbosa
pierce/green
KG/Bass/Sully
Gortat/KG/shav

plus 2 open spots

How about:
Trade:

For

Gortat, Beasley and n 30

Rondo Bradley Barbosa
Ledo Terry Lee
Green Beasley Twill
Sully Bass Shav
KG Gortat Melo

well KG prly would retire with that trade and beasley is a nightmare.........i might give him a chance but scary!!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Pass. I don't get the fascination with Gortat. He is one of the most overrated players for some reason some Celtics Fans Hype up and want us to trade for him. I would love for  danny Ainge to try to acquire Dwight Howard, josh smith, cousins etc over Gortat.

I don't see how you DON'T see the fascination.

1. We need a starting calibre center desperately - Josh Smith is not a center, and us only useful to us if we get a starting center AS WELL as him.  With our cap situation there aren't a lot of ways for that to happen.  Smith would also demand a max contract that would kill or payroll for years to come (Rashard Lewis style)...and wed have to trade a lot of young talrnt out to get him.  Love Smith and want him above anyone else, but he would cost us a LOT and we already have two solid PF's in Bass and Sullinger.

2.  Dwight Howard will require nothing short of a max contract, and half our team, in order to get him here.  Even then we have little-to-no chance.  He would end up missing half the season for a combination of injuries, suspensions and foul outs.  He'd ruin our entire locker room.  Then after blowing up our team from the inside, he'd request a trade after one season.  No thanks.

3. Cousins is a center, which is good.  He's not on a max contract, which is good.  He cannot pay defense to save his life, which is bad. It's shoots a horrendous percentage from the field for a center, which is bad. He has a destructive attitude, which is bad. I'd take a risk on his for potential alone, but he's a big gamble.  Like both of the above guys it would take a massive pile of talent sent out in order to bring him in, and even if his potential never comes out (or his attitude sees him out of the league, Arenas style) we've just given up half our roster for nothing.

4.  Gortat is relatively affordable.  He's an efficient scorer, at over 50% from the field.  He's an exceptional rebounder, on par with Cousins on a per minute basis.  He's a capable shot  blocker.  He's relatively athletic. He's big and strong. He can defend the post.  He could likely be had for a much smaller package than any of the above.  He fills every big man needwe have, ffor a reasonable cost.  He hastraditionally been a decent locker room guy.  He is value for money, comparatively speaking. Low risk, low cost, proven production.

Nobody here is saying he's the second coming off Hakeeem...he just fills a lot of needs for us right now, and he does it at a pretty reasonable cost.  He is just a perfect fit right now.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 10:43:09 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday

BOS:

rondo/brown/barbosa
pierce/green
KG/Bass/Sully
Gortat/KG/shav

plus 2 open spots

How about:
Trade:

For

Gortat, Beasley and n 30

Rondo Bradley Barbosa
Ledo Terry Lee
Green Beasley Twill
Sully Bass Shav
KG Gortat Melo

well KG prly would retire with that trade and beasley is a nightmare.........i might give him a chance but scary!!!!

I still don't think KG is retiring if Paul is not a Celtics! It will depend on several things like what we can get back for Paul, DOC and Rondo influence, 11 M on the table and the never give up until the end attitude that he would tarnish...

As for Beasley, big gamble indeed!! But the Suns would love to get rid of his contract and bad attitude and including him in the deal would help them get more interested in giving up Gortat who is a wanted commodity across the league... I would take that gamble and hope that around Garnett and Doc he could change..

I think the Suns pull the trigger on such trade!

I think the Celtics will be contending especially if they can get Ledo and Beasley to reach their potential...

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I know, right lol I'd love if Danny could land us Howard or Cousins but what exactly are the Celtics giving up in such a deal?

Lets just get Rose, Durant, or Westbrook while we are at it no?

Love this deal. TP for the OP. one of the better more realistic deals I have seen on this blog in a heck of a long time. Works for each team, gives us what we need and allows us to contend next year. The one thing I dislike is that Terry would be the starting shooting guard. I would rather have him coming off the bench and insert a better defensive SG into the starting lineup.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Pass. I don't get the fascination with Gortat. He is one of the most overrated players for some reason some Celtics Fans Hype up and want us to trade for him. I would love for  danny Ainge to try to acquire Dwight Howard, josh smith, cousins etc over Gortat.
I love these types of posts
DKC Suns

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 12:16:31 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I love these types of posts

Well its not that crazy a post.

We did try to acquire guys like Chris Paul and David West recently which is somewhat comparable.

Throwing Rondo into a trade like that, even with his injury would still get the ball rolling pretty quickly I think

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I don't think the Suns would part ways with #5 but if that could be tweaked a bit I think this is a very fair trade for all teams.

I like it, and would love Gortat playing for us.

11 points/8.5 rebounds/1.6 blocks on 52% shooting. Tough and gritty and is only owed $6.7 million dollars. Those are better numbers than DeAndre Jordan (outside of FG%). If that's overrated then I don't what is fair rated anymore.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown

Yeah, I agree. Getting Howard, Smith or Cousins is a pipe-dream, with the assets the C's have it's not going to happen.

Gortat and Dalembert are the two centers I think the C's should go after. Dalembert will be a UFA, so a sign and trade with the Bucks would have to be worked out (Bass or Lee and Bradley?). Gortat could be acquired in trade (same cast of characters as above). Dalembert for defense/rebounding or Gortat for offense/rebounding. Either would work with KG and Sully.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 03:08:40 PM »

Offline Sizzlack

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14

BOS:

rondo/brown/barbosa
pierce/green
KG/Bass/Sully
Gortat/KG/shav

plus 2 open spots

A starting caliber SG and all-NBA defender, plus the #16 pick, and a project center with potential is WAY too high a price to pay for Gortat.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 03:44:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I could stomach Gorhead Giant for a while long as GREEN and SULLY stay put......losing either of them for the BIG TOT is a step backwards.