Author Topic: Should the Pacers trade Granger?  (Read 5742 times)

Should the Pacers trade Granger?
« on: May 25, 2013, 01:16:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
This looks a lot like the Rudy Gay issue with the Grizzlies the year they went deep in the playoffs without him. Should the Pacers trade Granger or keep him? If they trade him, what can they reasonably expect to get for him? They could use a legit point guard imo, but I don't see a good one available for Granger. I've seen a few rumors about Pierce for Granger. I'm not sure I like that for either team. What do you think the Pacers can get for Granger?

Re: Should the Pacers trade Granger?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 01:20:19 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
This looks a lot like the Rudy Gay issue with the Grizzlies the year they went deep in the playoffs without him. Should the Pacers trade Granger or keep him? If they trade him, what can they reasonably expect to get for him? They could use a legit point guard imo, but I don't see a good one available for Granger. I've seen a few rumors about Pierce for Granger. I'm not sure I like that for either team. What do you think the Pacers can get for Granger?

I think they will trade Granger for the right package. But they are a smart and well run franchise and will make it a trade that benefits them.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 01:27:49 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
they should flip him for a point guard that they desperately need.
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 01:43:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

they do need a pg, but which pg can they reasonably expect to get for Granger?

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Not sure there is any value out there for Granger. In the trade market.

Yet to see anything that makes sense for Indiana.

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 02:18:13 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things

they do need a pg, but which pg can they reasonably expect to get for Granger?
that is the million dollar question. or multi million dollar question if you will. i think anyone better than DJ and george hill at running an offense would be an upgrade and have hill come off the bench. don't have the time to look into right now but if anyone does it would be appreciated. its hard watching this team turn the ball over due to the lack of a true starting pg
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 02:18:52 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

Granger for bargnani swap
Granger for G Wallace swap

I thought the celtics were going to draft granger at 18 but went 17 to pacers then we got green

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 02:20:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Granger for bargnani swap?

I thought the celtics were going to draft granger at 18 but went 17 to pacers then we got green

That's not a bad idea. Toronto could sure use Granger, and Bargniani can help the pacers off the bench.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 02:22:56 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

That's not a bad idea. Toronto could sure use Granger, and Bargniani can help the pacers off the bench.

Pacers might need a pf if west goes to the clippers

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Pacers might need a pf if west goes to the clippers

if they lose West they lost their contender status imo. They better not let it happen.

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Granger for Eric Gordon.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
« on: May 22, 2013, 06:21:43 PM »
Not sure if salaries work:

CLE sends Waiters (possibly Varejao)

IND sends Granger, Orlando Johnson, #23

CLE then selects McLemore with #1, adding a deadly shooter and good defender to pair next to Irving.  They also get a cheap prospect in Johnson, and another mid-round pick (along with #19 I think) to select a big and probably another wing (depending on who is available).  The key is Granger.  He adds scoring (which CLE desperately needs as Irving is their only option) and he fills their SF void.  He's also on an expiring deal, so CLE will have money to throw at LeBron (potential FA) next summer.  If they do snag LeBron, resigning Granger is also a possibility.

Granger is now a bit redundant with George breaking out at SF, so he can go.  The bring in Waiters, a guy who can come off the bench (his best role, IMO) and score at will.  IND goes through ugly stretches where the offense stagnates, so having a super sub in Waiters would help tremendously.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Granger for Eric Gordon.

Now this would be an awesome trade for Indiana. Gordon not only provides scoring but much needed ball handling as well. I don't see the benefit for NO though. Granger is too old to add to their core and doesn't save them money.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 02:41:01 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Granger for Eric Gordon.

Now this would be an awesome trade for Indiana. Gordon not only provides scoring but much needed ball handling as well. I don't see the benefit for NO though. Granger is too old to add to their core and doesn't save them money.

He's an expiring contract, so it's a trade that basically makes up for NO's mistake of paying Gordon all that cash.  He also fills SF for them because they didn't pick up Aminu's qualifying offer.

Gordon is too much of a question mark for IND, a team trying to contend.  He'd be great for them, but he's too unreliable with all the injuries.  Plus, I don't think he enjoyed his time at IU, so going back to Indiana might not be ideal.  He's a wonderful fit for that team  when healthy, though.

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Granger for Eric Gordon.

He's an expiring contract, so it's a trade that basically makes up for NO's mistake of paying Gordon all that cash.  He also fills SF for them because they didn't pick up Aminu's qualifying offer.

Gordon is too much of a question mark for IND, a team trying to contend.  He'd be great for them, but he's too unreliable with all the injuries.  Plus, I don't think he enjoyed his time at IU, so going back to Indiana might not be ideal.  He's a wonderful fit for that team  when healthy, though.

Granger is on the books for 14 million through next season. NO would prefer a contract they can get off the books now, like Pierce's.