Author Topic: Should the Pacers trade Granger?  (Read 5743 times)

Re: Should the Pacers trade Granger?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2013, 05:08:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Pierce, Melo, various BS, + 2014 1st for Granger and Stephenson?

Assuming KG is gone from the Celtics too, it depends on how bad Indiana thinks Boston is going to be.

That said, I think they need a wing who is NBA ready if they get rid of Granger and Stephenson.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 05:10:39 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
they should flip him for a point guard that they desperately need.

You took the words right out of me.

George Hill is a good PG, but if they want to get past in the East, they need a better PG than Hill IMO.

If I'm Indy, I would trade Granger to shed salary, get future picks and some guys who's not under a ton of money contract wise. Maybe a backup for Paul George or a SG along with the pick/s. I would then offer a lot of money (i mean a lot) to acquire Jarret Jack. That would be an easy sell for him. He will be generously get paid to be a part of a contender, then his addition would make Indy even more of a contender.

Indiana doesn't need a chucker! ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 05:23:22 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

George Hill is a good PG, but if they want to get past in the East, they need a better PG than Hill IMO.

If I'm Indy, I would trade Granger to shed salary, get future picks and some guys who's not under a ton of money contract wise. Maybe a backup for Paul George or a SG along with the pick/s. I would then offer a lot of money (i mean a lot) to acquire Jarret Jack. That would be an easy sell for him. He will be generously get paid to be a part of a contender, then his addition would make Indy even more of a contender.

Are you sure?

Last time I check Paul George, while an All-Star is still not known as a go to scorer. Jack, chucker and all, can create shots for his own, plays decent defense and find and create for others.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 05:31:40 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Are you sure?

Last time I check Paul George, while an All-Star is still not known as a go to scorer. Jack, chucker and all, can create shots for his own, plays decent defense and find and create for others.

Yea, Jack would be a perfect addition to the Pacers. He's exactly what they need. Hits big shots, provides scoring and steady ball handling. They have no one on the roster right now that can do those things for them.

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Are you sure?

Yea, Jack would be a perfect addition to the Pacers. He's exactly what they need. Hits big shots, provides scoring and steady ball handling. They have no one on the roster right now that can do those things for them.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHmRykTdh8E
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Are you sure?

George hit one desperation off balance three off a broken play. Jack has a entire highlight reel of big shots. Huge difference. Btw, where was Paul George in game 3?

Paul George Game 3: 3 for 10, 5 turnovers.

He's as dependable as Jeff Green imo.

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2013, 05:47:34 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Are you sure?

George hit one desperation off balance three off a broken play. Jack has a entire highlight reel of big shots. Huge difference. Btw, where was Paul George in game 3?

I wouldn't go that far, I think he's just suffering from stage fright at the worst possible time.  The guy is a superstar, unlike Green.

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2013, 05:51:06 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Are you sure?

I wouldn't go that far, I think he's just suffering from stage fright at the worst possible time.  The guy is a superstar, unlike Green.

I wouldn't call him a superstar yet. He hasn't earned it. Hibbert and West have been huge for the Pacers in the playoffs, George imo has been underwhelming.

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Are you sure?

I wouldn't call him a superstar yet. He hasn't earned it. Hibbert and West have been huge for the Pacers in the playoffs, George imo has been underwhelming.

If you compare George and Green both at their best this season, they're just about equal. Even on the defensive end.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2013, 05:54:28 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Are you sure?

If you compare George and Green both at their best this season, they're just about equal. Even on the defensive end.

I agree. Since about the all-star beak this year, they have been about equal on both ends of the floor, and even in highlight reel plays.

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2013, 05:54:37 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Are you sure?

I don't know, he's probably the next best (and versatile) perimeter defender after LeBron, and his offensive game is vastly improved from a year ago.

Would you at least call him a budding superstar?

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2013, 05:56:17 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Are you sure?

I don't know, he's probably the next best (and versatile) perimeter defender after LeBron, and his offensive game is vastly improved from a year ago.

Would you at least call him a budding superstar?

Yea, budding superstar is valid  :)

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2013, 07:03:10 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Are you sure?

Are we talking clutch plays? Like, "we need a basket and we need someone to do it on his own" plays? In the Playoffs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLSf3KXPouo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGd66fijJzg

And while we are at it, add the game tying jump shot he had on Game 4 to send that game in OT.
(i would post the vid, if I could find it)
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
And these are just recent playoff big shots. Notice how he created these shots himself, all under control, unlike George's broken play desperation heave. He has a ton from regular season games too.

Maybe one day George will get there, but he isn't there yet.

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
If the Pacers want an affordable solid point guard that would really help their team though, they should go for Beno Udrih. Drive up the cost on Jack, see if anyone wants to offer good value on Granger, and then get Udrih on a reasonable price.