Author Topic: Should the Pacers trade Granger?  (Read 5732 times)

Re: Should the Pacers trade Granger?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2013, 07:53:40 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
they should flip him for a point guard that they desperately need.

You took the words right out of me.

George Hill is a good PG, but if they want to get past in the East, they need a better PG than Hill IMO.

If I'm Indy, I would trade Granger to shed salary, get future picks and some guys who's not under a ton of money contract wise. Maybe a backup for Paul George or a SG along with the pick/s. I would then offer a lot of money (i mean a lot) to acquire Jarret Jack. That would be an easy sell for him. He will be generously get paid to be a part of a contender, then his addition would make Indy even more of a contender.

Indiana doesn't need a chucker! ;D

Are you sure?

Last time I check Paul George, while an All-Star is still not known as a go to scorer. Jack, chucker and all, can create shots for his own, plays decent defense and find and create for others.

Yea, Jack would be a perfect addition to the Pacers. He's exactly what they need. Hits big shots, provides scoring and steady ball handling. They have no one on the roster right now that can do those things for them.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHmRykTdh8E

Are we talking clutch plays? Like, "we need a basket and we need someone to do it on his own" plays? In the Playoffs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLSf3KXPouo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGd66fijJzg

And while we are at it, add the game tying jump shot he had on Game 4 to send that game in OT.
(i would post the vid, if I could find it)

Look, nobody likes the guy that "hits big shots, provides scoring and steady ball handling". Can JET hit big shots? Yes. Can JET provide scoring? Yes. Can JET provide steady ball handling? Yes. Did JET hit big shots? Yes. Did JET provide scoring? Yes. Did JET provide steady ball handling? Yes. Do we like JET? No. Do we think JET is overpaid? Yes. If we were given the opportunity to go back, would we resign him again? Absolutely not.

Jarrett Jack is a pitfall, just waiting to happen. No hate. Keep George Hill.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2013, 07:55:43 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

George Hill is a good PG, but if they want to get past in the East, they need a better PG than Hill IMO.

If I'm Indy, I would trade Granger to shed salary, get future picks and some guys who's not under a ton of money contract wise. Maybe a backup for Paul George or a SG along with the pick/s. I would then offer a lot of money (i mean a lot) to acquire Jarret Jack. That would be an easy sell for him. He will be generously get paid to be a part of a contender, then his addition would make Indy even more of a contender.

Are you sure?

Last time I check Paul George, while an All-Star is still not known as a go to scorer. Jack, chucker and all, can create shots for his own, plays decent defense and find and create for others.

Yea, Jack would be a perfect addition to the Pacers. He's exactly what they need. Hits big shots, provides scoring and steady ball handling. They have no one on the roster right now that can do those things for them.

Are we talking clutch plays? Like, "we need a basket and we need someone to do it on his own" plays? In the Playoffs?

And while we are at it, add the game tying jump shot he had on Game 4 to send that game in OT.

Look, nobody likes the guy that "hits big shots, provides scoring and steady ball handling". Can JET hit big shots? Yes. Can JET provide scoring? Yes. Can JET provide steady ball handling? Yes. Did JET hit big shots? Yes. Did JET provide scoring? Yes. Did JET provide steady ball handling? Yes. Do we like JET? No. Do we think JET is overpaid? Yes. If we were given the opportunity to go back, would we resign him again? Absolutely not.

Jarrett Jack is a pitfall, just waiting to happen. No hate.

Except that jack is not old, JET is. BIG difference. Would most people want the Jason Terry from 6 years ago? Heck Yes!!!

Your comparison is not valid at all.

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Are you sure?

Jarrett Jack is a pitfall, just waiting to happen. No hate.

Except that jack is not old, JET is. BIG difference. Would most people want the Jason Terry from 6 years ago? Heck Yes!!!

Also, he just had a season shooting 40.4% from three; that's totally unsustainable seeing as the last time he shot that well he dropped off by 10.6% the next season.

He definitely doesn't seem reliable to me... one of those players who has a career year and gets a long contract only to villanueva away.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2013, 08:07:55 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Jack is a career 35.8 % 3 pt shooter over 8 seasons and has shot 40% for the season from 3 pt land twice already, as you said. He is well established, and in his prime. Teams know what they are getting with Jarret Jack.

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2013, 09:17:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Are you sure?

No hate as well but this is absolutely false.

Jarret Jack is in his absolute prime and a starting level PG. One thing George Hill is better than Jack is defense.

Jack can be a scoring option when plays break down, George Hill can't do that. Jack is playing less minutes but is averaging MORE assists and less turnovers, that's because he's a dangerous dribble drive guy and can find open guys. George Hill can't do that in Jack's level either.

He's been healthy the whole time, so saying that he'll be a downfall, that's sort of out of the park. He's 29, he's not 34. How can you say Jarret Jack is in a pitfall?

And what do you mean by "having a career year"? His number during his 7 year career has been really consistent.

This is who Indiana should get for a PG. If they are trading Granger, they better clear up salary and try to acquire Jack and make Hill the backup or trade him as well. Jack's skill set is perfect for Indy. A guy who can be a very steady PG at the same time can make shots for his own if needed. George Hill can't do that. Indy should get him back.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Are you sure?

No hate as well but this is absolutely false.

Jarret Jack is in his absolute prime and a starting level PG. One thing George Hill is better than Jack is defense.

Jack can be a scoring option when plays break down, George Hill can't do that. Jack is playing less minutes but is averaging MORE assists and less turnovers, that's because he's a dangerous dribble drive guy and can find open guys. George Hill can't do that in Jack's level either.

He's been healthy the whole time, so saying that he'll be a downfall, that's sort of out of the park. He's 29, he's not 34. How can you say Jarret Jack is in a pitfall?

This is who Indiana should get for a PG. If they are trading Granger, they better clear up salary and try to acquire Jack and make Hill the backup or trade him as well. Jack's skill set is perfect for Indy. A guy who can be a very steady PG at the same time can make shots for his own if needed. George Hill can't do that.

If the Pacers really do get Hill, they need to find some way to get rid of Hill's $40mil/5yr contract. I guess we'll just see how Hill goes even though you make a convincing argument. We'll see ! :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]