Author Topic: A core of Rondo-Bradley-Green-Sully-Center will win a title  (Read 22203 times)

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Thats all I have to say. I see a lot of folks saying that a team with that core will win no more that 35 games. That is completely self imposed misery quite typical of Boston sports fans.

Im not saying that means they will win the title next year but within the next several years, that team will win a title. You heard it here first.

Re: A core of Rondo-Bradley-Green-Sully-Center will win a title
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:55:15 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Yeah that team could win a title.

If that center was some type of genetic hybrid of Bill Russell, Shaq, Kareem, Jordan, and Bird. It's like the movie twins with Arnold. They make a milkshake The body and strength of Shaq, The defense of Russel, Kareem's sky-hook and Bruce lee moves, Bird's shooting touch and BBIQ, Jordan's athleticism and clutch gene, and well throw in the dream shake from Hakeem. Then we could win it easy.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 03:00:09 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I see problems if you don't get some 3-point shooting from the 4/5 spots or unless Avery Bradley develops into a deadly catch-and-shoot three-point shooter from multiple spots on the floor.

I'd want a Bill Laimbeer kind of center to go with that lineup.  Ideally, I would want to get a defensive anchor at center who is not tethered to the paint but can be useful away from the basket and a stretch 4 who hit some threes and not be a defensive liability, and I would trade Sullinger to get one of those.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 03:06:01 AM »

Kiorrik

Yeah that team could win a title.

If that center was some type of genetic hybrid of Bill Russell, Shaq, Kareem, Jordan, and Bird. It's like the movie twins with Arnold. They make a milkshake The body and strength of Shaq, The defense of Russel, Kareem's sky-hook and Bruce lee moves, Bird's shooting touch and BBIQ, Jordan's athleticism and clutch gene, and well throw in the dream shake from Hakeem. Then we could win it easy.
Not likely:

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 03:13:20 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Or Sully develops into that Rodman style defensive anchor,  Green becomes the consistent inside-outside attacking threat he should be. He`s consistently driving to the rim together with Rondo and drawing defences on themselves resulting in more wide open 3s for Bradley and Lee, who`s shooting percentages spike upward As a result. Bam! We have a much better offence.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 04:43:13 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
*Rondo
*klay Thompson
*green
*sully
*Cousins

Inside outside monster of a team like a refined version of Memphis, only we have better shooters.
*Rondo is an upgrade over Conley.
*klay is an upgrade over Allen on offense so teams can't over help on our bigs
*green becomes our version of Rudy Gay, an insanely athletic wing scorer who can shoot the 3 and attack the rim when needed. He can defend the other elite small forwards whilst waiting on the three point line in e corner while Thompson roams looking for dishes from Cousins and Sully.
20ppg/ 5 rebounds/5 assists at 9 million a year. Less than half price of Gay.
* Sullinger is a modern Zac Randolph who does all the dirty work and can shoot the 15 footer to draw the opposing PF away from the basket for Rondo and our center to drive or go to work.
Develops his back to basket game and abuses all pf's in the post. His excellent passing in college has translated to the NBA and as soon as opponents try to double him he finds an open Jeff Green or Thompson for an easy three.
* Cousins is our Marc Gasol. Doc has taught him he doesn't necessarily have to score to be the best big man in the NBA but his length, strength, footwork and passing ability make him a triple threat. He can score on anyone 1v1 and he's grown up after realizing he can't win a championship nor win without the help of his teammates.

Combined with Sullinger he can stretch his defender to the elbow and leave the paint open for Green, Rondo and Sully to do their thing when we need to attack.
Sully and Cousins become the best rebounding tandem in the NBA.

Focused on defense to compete with bulls, heat and thunder for next 5 years.

Had a post on how to acquire Cousins here t didn't garner any interest, take a look and tell me what you think

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=65059.0
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 04:45:54 AM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
Thats all I have to say. I see a lot of folks saying that a team with that core will win no more that 35 games. That is completely self imposed misery quite typical of Boston sports fans.

Im not saying that means they will win the title next year but within the next several years, that team will win a title. You heard it here first.

You Can't be serious with that comment. Please tell me that you are joking. That team will barely make the playoffs not to even talking about winning a championship.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 05:37:25 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Is this center 2011 Dwight Howard?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 06:34:14 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Is this center 2011 Dwight Howard?

DW will never win a title unless he suddenly gets struck by maturity. The guy was a good fit for desperate housewives.

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 06:51:47 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No offense but your SG brings no offense to the table, I am a homer too, but this beyond homer.  Add a SG who can pipe in 25 PPG and we might have a shot, AB with his 10 PPG ain't going to cut it.  Sully would also have to be a 15 10 guy.  Sully is never going to be a Dennis Rodman defensive anchor.   I think he could be a Carlos Boozer type though.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 07:15:02 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I actually think that is a good squad (not title quality though) .  Need to put Roy Hibbert into center posistion and then its an indy look a like.  HOWEVER Avery Bradley would need to step his game way up on the offensive end, love his defense but he'd need to get a handle and play like he did the previous year for that 20 odd game streak he had going.
rondo playing well 15 pts, 10 a, 4 rbs
bradley 15 pts, 4 a and great defense
green 20 pts, 5 rb, 4 a
sully 12 pts, 10 rb

WAIT Shav 10 pts, 10 rbs   problem solved  8)

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 07:22:24 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Since Rondo took over a primary role, we haven't won a title despite surrounding him with KG + Pierce + Ray.  That's not a knock on Rondo, but rather is proof of how hard it is to win a title in this league.

I'm not sure that our path to a title becomes easier when you replace our Hall of Famers with significantly inferior players.  Unless the unnamed center is Prime Shaq, I'm not optimistic.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 08:48:43 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
If LeBron is the center, maybe.   

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 08:49:21 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If that center is bill Russell than sure... But he's not.

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 08:55:33 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Seriously,  Rondo, AB, Green, Sully and LeBron would win the title, assuming there were a few vetmin sharpshooters and utility bigs on the bench.  I know that Ray Allen will ringchase on the cheap.