Author Topic: T Will Having Minor Surgery  (Read 8155 times)

Re: T Will Having Minor Surgery
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2013, 05:36:31 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I've heard sources saying the minor surgery, was for his thumb or his right hand, which had been bothering him the entire last 2 months.

Thanks.  TP.

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2013, 05:40:03 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I'm going to walk from this convo because people keep on trying to bring it back to a white and black thing when it isn't. We joked about the guy because he made a mistake, a mistake, btw, that might cost him his career making millions, and find him a bit moronic and immature for making such a mistake.

We are not condemning him because of his race, age, religion, mental illness or sexual preference. We are making fun of him because of his moronic mistakes that keep happening.

BTW, yeah, I'm white. But I also am married to a Puerto Rican woman, have three Puerto Rican kids, two black nephews, one Brazilian nephew  a black sister-in-law, a Brazilian sister-in-law and a slew of very very close friends and family who are of all types and races and creeds and colors.

I don't want to hear anything about my comments being about race. They were about a player who made a stupid mistake, yet again. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I don't see any posts in the last page about race....

I, too, am dating a beautiful Puerto Rican/Dominican mix. Absolutely gorgeous, and she's very loyal/sweet. Cooks me dinner, and is highly sophisticated. Me gusta.

As for everything that hasn't already been said.

This entire thread was about him getting minor surgery. People started the thread off with jokes. Okay, we get it, he made one very crucial mistake. But reserve your judgement until proven guilty.
And as I have pointed out, DV cases are not the easiest to get an arrest on, never mind a conviction. Judging him based on a verdict doesn't jive in my opinion, especially in DV cases.

Am I supposed to think that OJ Simpson or Casey Anthony are good people simply because they did not get convicted? I can't judge them bad people simply because they were acquitted?

As for the mention of race, check out the first couple pages where comparisons to a white player were brought up and where kgainez, who's post was straight out of a a natural born political writer's handbook of accusing people of things, brought out the race card but didn't bring it out because she only brought out the "stuff, lots of stuff" card.

The only time race was mentioned was the exchange between you and kgainez. No one else has focused on race in this thread nor is it an issue.

Also, with your OJ and Casey Anthony example, you can form an opinion because you was presented with all the evidence that comes with a trial. You can not form a complete and thought out judgement of T Will because you don't know all the facts nor have you been presented with them.

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2013, 05:41:14 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
I've heard sources saying the minor surgery, was for his thumb or his right hand, which had been bothering him the entire last 2 months.

Thanks.  TP.

On his twitter, today, he was talking about his knee being in pain so I was wondering if that had anything to do with it.

« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2013, 05:46:24 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

Thanks.  TP.

On his twitter, today, he was talking about his knee being in pain so I was wondering if that had anything to do with it.

Seems to be a lot of knee injuries this season.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2013, 06:03:20 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2013, 06:41:38 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
You are all prewriting history.  For people who admit not to knowing what happened, you sure have enough opinions as to what happened.  And for people who don't know each other, you sure have a lot of opinions as to the attitudes of others.

Roy, I have an opinion, too.  I think this thread had gone way off track, and is non productive.  You may  delete my post, if I am out of line.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2013, 07:39:49 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
You are all prewriting history.  For people who admit not to knowing what happened, you sure have enough opinions as to what happened.  And for people who don't know each other, you sure have a lot of opinions as to the attitudes of others.

Roy, I have an opinion, too.  I think this thread had gone way off track, and is non productive.  You may  delete my post, if I am out of line.

I don't know how in the world a post about surgery ended so far left.

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2013, 08:06:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Really? You can't point to a post and say "yup here is where this went wrong"?

Me, I think it was a serious lack of humor on some people's part that started it.

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

Me, I think it was a serious lack of humor on some people's part that started it.

No, I don't see how a post about his surgery started jokes and then prompted talk about his pending case. But I think you'd have better idea than me seeing that exchange between you and kgainez about race and what not (out of left field and then going on the domestic violence topic.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 08:23:12 PM by sed522002 »

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2013, 08:26:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

No, I don't see how a post about his surgery started jokes and then prompted talk about his pending case. But I think you'd have better idea than me seeing that exchange between you and kgainez about race and what not (out of left field).
You are fairly new here.

Threads, often out of nowhere, devolve into jokes or other subjects sometimes. It happens every single day on this blog. If joking starts, you can have a sense of humor about it, complain to a mod about it because you feel it inappropriate or post in the thread that you want it to stop.

Starting to accuse people of racism or making fun of mentally ill people or condemning their jokes because they lack some sort of information is not the proper way to handle it.

Heck, even Roy, the head mod here, agreed that kgainez comment was out of line.

And handling the jokes in that manner is what started it all. THAT is how easy it is to see where it went all wrong.

And with that, I expect a lock on this thread fairly soon.