Author Topic: (Get Bad) Rondo + 16 for Kidd-Golchrist + 4 (+ Sessions?  (Read 4754 times)

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
The point of this idea is to get young assets and try to get really bad next year.  Try to get a top 4 pick in 2014 wi the hope that it will be top 2.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is a good prospect and you could draft Zeller at #4.

If you were lucky enough to get Parker or Wiggins or even Randle in 2014, then you have the start of a good nucleus.  You couldnt do much with free agency in 2014, but you would start getting flexibility in 2015 and 2016 to add to the young guys.

Maybe this could be done in connection with moving KG out west for a young piece and buying out Pierce?

Re: (Get Bad) Rondo + 16 for Kidd-Golchrist + 4 (+ Sessions?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:39:58 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
if this trade happens you have to move pierce and kg. i'm not sure if im comfortable with MKG being our center piece. trading a top 3 point guard for a player that im not even really sure will become an all-star
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:05:09 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
We will absolutely not be a top 4 worst team in that scenario.

Trading Rondo makes little to no sense to me anyway.
DKC Suns

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 08:19:43 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
who is the top 4/2 pick you want?

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
All these fantasies of just stinking for a year or two (rather than sticking with our best player and building around him) and miraculously being a top contender again, practically instantly, are just that, fantasies.

So little sense of history, perspective and a weird sense of entitlement.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 08:41:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We'd definitely be high in the lottery with this trade.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
I would love to see a deal of Rondo, Green & Bradley for Gilchrist, Thomas & Sessions & the 4th pick. Take Oladipo with the 4th pick & we have a 2,3,4 of Oladipo/Gilchrist/Sullinger with Pierce & KG to still bring in some assets. If we're trying to get bad we can't keep Green & Bradley and Charlotte would be more inclined to give up a recent high draft pick & a high pick this year if they knew Rondo would have some weapons to put on a show. Remember, you have to be really, really bad. (I love Green, Bradley & Rondo and really hope they don't get traded, but this was just an idea I had)

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I really like MKG, but not enough to do this trade.  I don't value that #4 pick very highly because I dislike the top of this draft.  Just not worth the expense to move up that high in 2013. 

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 09:24:57 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
My thought on MKG is he will be Scottie Pippen to the guy picked in 2014.  Parker or Wiggins in this case (best case)

Can we get bad enough to get a top 4 pick with a great chance at a top 2?

Sessions  Terry
Bradley  Lee
Green  MKG
Sullinger  Bass
Zeller    Melo

That team is bad, but I dont know if it is sub 20 wins bad.  The worst thing would be to win 30 games.   Its almost like you want to trade Bass/Lee/Terry for scraps.  This solves two problems: weaken the bench in order to tank, and also free up cap space a little earlier. 

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 09:56:38 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I thought MKG was pretty terrible this year. Every time I watched him he was just so underwhelming.

Don't know much about him. Maybe he's real young or in terrible system. Not predicting he will never be good I just didn't see anything I liked about him this year

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I love MKG's defense, but I don't like that trade.

BOS is giving up a star in Rondo, plus a mid round pick, for a guy who can only play defense (right now), a pick that isn't that great (despite being top 5), and a backup PG.

I'd rather have Rondo.

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 01:29:43 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Kidd-Golchrist!!!

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The point of this idea is to get young assets and try to get really bad next year.  Try to get a top 4 pick in 2014 wi the hope that it will be top 2.

If you were lucky enough to get Parker or Wiggins or even Randle in 2014, then you have the start of a good nucleus.  You couldnt do much with free agency in 2014, but you would start getting flexibility in 2015 and 2016 to add to the young guys.

Maybe this could be done in connection with moving KG out west for a young piece and buying out Pierce?

You have the right idea, but I don't believe Rondo actually has that kind of value... even healthy.

Yes he's a top-10 point guard and a fringe all-star who is in his prime, but not a franchise player... and the Bobcats would be giving up considerable assets for a guy who best-case scenario just makes them mediocre.

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
While I don't think the Bobcats would do this deal, I think this is the type of deal that could make sense if they made the KG for Jordan/Bledsoe deal.

Bledsoe could then step in as the starting PG, and you could really try to build a very interesting young team. 

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 03:40:26 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

You have the right idea, but I don't believe Rondo actually has that kind of value... even healthy.

Yes he's a top-10 point guard and a fringe all-star who is in his prime, but not a franchise player... and the Bobcats would be giving up considerable assets for a guy who best-case scenario just makes them mediocre.

He's a fringe all-star who has made four consecutive all-star games.  There's nothing fringe about that. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson