Author Topic: DKC League: Open for Bidness  (Read 952846 times)

RebusRankin, Lucky17, pearljammer10 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: DKC League: OKC IS THE NEW CHAMPION!!
« Reply #18780 on: June 17, 2014, 10:42:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: -29299
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
So if you renounce Bird rights on a player and are over the cap you cant sign and trade those renounced players because you have no cap space, is that correct

Correct. You CAN bring them back with an exception, but you can't sign and trade them.

... unless you later fall below the cap, at which point you can then S&T them with the new cap space.

D. Cousins / I. Mahinmi / P. Antic
D. West / R. Anderson / C. Copeland
L. Deng / K. Singler / D. Rudez
A. Iguodala / V. Carter / B. Gordon / C.J. Wilcox
K. Irving / S. Livingston / S. Blake

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012

« Reply #18781 on: June 17, 2014, 10:49:03 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 2030
Sign an trades...another reason I held onto Augustin's and Thabo's Bird rights if anyone is interested in them that way

« Reply #18782 on: June 17, 2014, 11:09:57 PM »

Online RebusRankin

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 821
Derrick Williams and Kirk Hinrich available for a S&T. PM Rebus.

« Reply #18783 on: June 17, 2014, 11:10:09 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Intensity!!!
How does Rubio play with two guys in Johnson and Melo that like to dominate the ball?
Gotta play small with Melo at PF and JJ at SF. Need another low usage shooter/defender at SG.

I don't think it'll work if Melo and JJ are on wings alongside two big men. Two high usage iso-heavy wings, a PG who can't shoot and two bigs is a recipe for an under-performing offense. Too hard to create effective spacing and player movement.

Gotta go small and play up tempo. Let Rubio run the show.

Thabo with the mle ?
Thabo's Bird rights belong to the Nets and I did not renounce so I could overbid an MLE offer.  Same with Augustin.

Anybody who gives Thabo the MLE, or above the MLE, is insane.

Lol.

On another note why so little feedback for the Sacramento assets I mean kings?

I think you did well to get out from under JJ's contract, and you got two guys who have reasonable contracts (Chandler because it's short, Smith because it's modest annually) who should be easily moveable.

I've been a little surprised to see Sacramento give up picks to dump salary -- I thought that they'd ride it out for this year -- but the price here was pretty reasonable, and the increased salary flexibility could be used to help them acquire even more draft assets.

Thank you for the feedback.

I think chandler will have value. Good rim protector and anchor for a defense. Anchored a champion and he is a lob machine on an expiring deal.

My hard cap is low. As a result I need players that don't cost a lot going forward. Landry and smith are both capable of playing at a high level and their salaries are low annually like you said. I am open to keeping them long term.

As for the picks. I was able to basically turn that clips first round pick into a salary dump of mike miller and the wizards 2nd round pick. I felt all along these picks would get a player in the same tier. I didn't think 19 would provide anyone more talented then smith so I included it to get the deal done and gain more flexibility.

DKC Sacramento Kings
'15 1st - SAC (LAC swap), BKN (ATL can swap), MEM(prot), CHR (prot)
'16 1st - best of SAC & LAC
'17 1st - SAC (DAL swap), MIA

« Reply #18784 on: June 18, 2014, 12:58:27 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 365
Sullinger, Leonard, Shump, Pek, #7, #12, #19 is a pretty solid start to a rebuild, no?

It is. Still you get every asset you can even rebuilding.

Understand why people would question me giving up a first along with Love. Guess I viewed it differently. I had a 3-team deal lined up that would give me a first rounder that is 5 slots higher (#19). Obviously, I pushed to keep my pick, but I blinked first in the negotiation. (Shout out to McHP for keeping it chill throughout the whole process.) Also did not like the idea of heading into next season with 5 new rookies. Yeah, could have always flipped it for other assets, but I'm not losing sleep over losing a low first rounder.

Was also the best offer I've received (imo). Also not the type of guy to go back on a trade after it has been agreed to, wouldn't sit right with me. So I'm just putting it out there that I will not be considering any "better" offers for Love after this. I've let it been known for awhile that Love was on the block.

Very happy with the return I got after these two trades. Received a good up-and-coming PF in Sullinger, decent young prospect in Harkless, Landry Field's expiring, Alonzo Gee's unguaranteed contract, a nice young 3&D guy who's young and is on a cheap contract in Shumpert, two future 2nd, and 3 top 20 picks in a deep draft. Also got to shed Marreese Speights 12M dollar contract over three years as well as Ellington's contract.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:26:30 AM by BigAlTheFuture »
DKC Timberwolves: http://tinyurl.com/nskreag
PG: M. Smart, Juan Barea, E. Green, S. Christon
SG: N. Stauskas, J. Rich
SF: K. "Finals MVP" Leonard, Jerami Grant, CJ Fair, L. Fields
PF: C. Hayes, C. Capela
 C: D. Jordan, Meyers Leonard, J. Withey, M. Muscala

« Reply #18785 on: June 18, 2014, 01:32:29 AM »

Online pearljammer10

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 648
Sullinger, Leonard, Shump, Pek, #7, #12, #19 is a pretty solid start to a rebuild, no?

Understand why people would question me giving up a first along with Love. Guess I viewed it differently. I had a 3-team deal lined up that would give me a first rounder that is 5 slots higher (#19). Obviously, I pushed to keep my pick, but I blinked first in the negotiation. (Shout out to McHP for keeping it chill throughout the whole process.) Also did not like the idea of heading into next season with 5 new rookies. Yeah, could have always flipped it for other assets, but I'm not losing sleep over losing a low first rounder.

Was also the best offer I've received (imo). Also not the type of guy to go back on a trade after it has been agreed to, wouldn't sit right with me. So I'm just putting it out there that I will not be considering any "better" offers for Love after this. I've let it been known for awhile that Love was on the block.

Very happy with the return I got after these two trades. Received a good up-and-coming PF in Sullinger, decent young prospect in Harkless, Landry Field's expiring, Alonzo Gee's unguaranteed contract, a nice young 3&D guy who's young and is on a cheap contract in Shumpert, two future 2nd, and 3 top 20 picks in a deep draft. Also got to shed Marreese Speights 12M dollar contract over three years as well as Ellington's contract.

I think this was a fantastic return for love. 3 top 20 picks Sully and Shumpert, even Harkless, are great young pieces to have. Especially since you wanted to trade Love anyway (and yes he has certainly been on the block a while) this return is an immensely better return than letting him walk as a FA.
DKC: GM Boston Celtics: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuCTllmkG26udHRaa0xrWm1qZTExaHltaEdtZzVRNFE&usp=sharing#gid=50
PG:Rondo/Miller/Udrih/Dinwiddle
SG:Afflalo/Williams/Delladova
SF:Green/Young
PF:Hill/Powell
C:Hibbert/Nurcik/Bynum

« Reply #18786 on: June 18, 2014, 03:01:57 AM »

Online nickagneta

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 2030

Too bad I was just about to offer Markieff Morris, salary filler, #9, #29, the Orlando conditional 2016 first and the San Antonio 2018 1st

« Reply #18787 on: June 18, 2014, 07:08:35 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 155
    • DKC Home Page - Roster and Salary Information
He's mine.....

2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #18788 on: June 18, 2014, 07:59:24 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 649
Gotta say, impressed with the moves the Knicks are making. Gonna make it a bit more difficult to woo Melo to LA now, although the prospects of playing with his good friend Dwight should still outweigh playing with JJ. Not to mention the additional cap space I would still have to pursue another impact player to go along with Ryno and the #8 pick.

Unless, of course, Bron Bron wants to come to LA. Or who knows, maybe I'll make a move or two to clear enough to cap room to sign both.   ;D

« Reply #18789 on: June 18, 2014, 08:03:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 649
Also, I do think Minny did alright for themselves in the Love trade. Just wish I hadn't been on vacation when he was dealt. Definitely asleep at the wheel there.

« Reply #18790 on: June 18, 2014, 08:32:20 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Washington is excited to add Stan's son. Now we have our modern version of Wes Unseld (with a 3 point shot) to lead Wall to his fast-break buckets.

Also - to those who doubt Washington's ability to bring in Carmelo Anthony, you better get familiar. With a few renounced players, DC will have plenty of cap room to make an aggressive bid on him. It is still to be determined if we plan on making that offer, however.

« Reply #18791 on: June 18, 2014, 08:38:04 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• Forums ViceRoy
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1378
  • Pre-school artwork
Clippers are willing to move Crawford or Ellis (possible expanding the trade to a three way dance without changing my offer going to Houston) 

Clippers like both players to be the SG 6th man off the bench to add offensive firepower and both fit nicely next to Collison (PG) in that role, but it will be hard to go into next years playoffs with both of them.

Running the Clippers with Redz.

« Reply #18792 on: June 18, 2014, 09:36:08 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 2384
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
Washington is excited to add Stan's son. Now we have our modern version of Wes Unseld (with a 3 point shot) to lead Wall to his fast-break buckets.

Also - to those who doubt Washington's ability to bring in Carmelo Anthony, you better get familiar. With a few renounced players, DC will have plenty of cap room to make an aggressive bid on him. It is still to be determined if we plan on making that offer, however.
But did Washington pay that price for a player who may choose to sign somewhere else (LA & D12?) in the near future? The FAM process in the DKC is the reason I didn't offer a deal of the same magnitude for Love. He is a favorite of mine, has been for a while, but given the uncertainty of our processes I didn't make the offer. It's pretty obvious to me that Love's intentions are to play for a winner and maybe Washington will be able to provide that once the FAM process starts on him, I hope so for their sake.
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mullens,Taylor,Mirotic
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson,Haywood
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #18793 on: June 18, 2014, 09:47:31 AM »

Online AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 392
I like the return on Love, and I like the direction Minny is heading. Sullinger-Leonard-Shump is a great young core. I don't think Pek fits too well here, though. I'd like to see you go all out and try for a highly athletic center and just run-and-gun all day. Maybe DeAndre Jordan?

Smart (#7)-Shumpert-Leonard-Sullinger-Jordan

Nobody wants to try to keep up with that team.

Starters: D.Rose - W.Matthews - N.Batum - T.Gibson - J.Noah
Reserves: J.Nelson - A.Bradley - J.Butler - B.Diaw - M.Raduljica

« Reply #18794 on: June 18, 2014, 09:48:24 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
There is no doubt some risk, but I was willing to make that gamble when others weren't - hence why he will be donning DC red, white, and blue soon and not another jersey. I think you could agree that he is more likely to re-sign in a major market like Washington DC than a place like Charlotte - especially with the likelihood of contention next season. I think you also forget that since he is a trade candidate in real life, he could be signing an extension with a new team which I - in the DKC - would have the choice of matching.

Now this could blow up in my face, but it could also net me a 25 YO, Top 10 NBA player on my roster to pair with my 23 YO, Top 5 PG for the next 5 years.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog