Author Topic: DKC League: Preseason Quarterly is Out  (Read 1007365 times)

Young Nick, rondoallaturca, AB_Celtic, BleedGreen1989, Kane3387, RebusRankin, BigAlTheFuture and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: DKC League: Q3 Coming Soon
« Reply #15300 on: March 26, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »

Online RebusRankin

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 824
Would it be possible just to release the overall 3rd Q rankings and have the Q later?

« Reply #15301 on: March 26, 2014, 10:17:47 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 161
    • DKC Home Page - Roster and Salary Information
Sullinger posting 26 points, 8 boards, and 2 blocks tonight. Somebody is fired up over Wittman's firing!
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #15302 on: March 26, 2014, 10:25:22 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 772
There is no better Big rotation in the DKC than:

Drummond/Monroe Hill/Dieng.

You're welcome America. You are most welcome.

« Reply #15303 on: March 26, 2014, 10:25:59 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
If we're talking DKC Portland, I haven't the slightest idea at this moment.  I'd probably lean towards yes, but think it would depend on the matchup they get and whether or not they have HC.

Has IP ever lost in the first round?  That man is too tricksy to be an early out.

Thought he did in CB draft this past year.

I'm not counting this year. I cared less than Rajon Rondo does about the 2014 season.

A first round loss is a first round loss. Lol you can't just count the ones you want lol  ::)

Well, my kid had been born like..during the draft or something. I wouldn't call it my finest performance.

You're just gonna keep playing that card, ain't ya?

« Reply #15304 on: March 27, 2014, 06:03:28 AM »

Offline fitzhickey

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 448

Ooo.... Next year I'm going to remember this.

« Reply #15305 on: March 27, 2014, 06:39:53 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Except for the fact that Monroe isn't on your team anymore...?

« Reply #15306 on: March 27, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 663

Hahahaha!

But the joke is on us I think.....

Millsap>Monroe

« Reply #15307 on: March 27, 2014, 10:18:49 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
At the end of the season, will the draft order be determined by reverse order standings or will we be holding a lottery like the real NBA?

I can write a program to select the lottery draft order with the proper odds if the commishes would like that..?

« Reply #15308 on: March 27, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: -29121
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
At the end of the season, will the draft order be determined by reverse order standings or will we be holding a lottery like the real NBA?

I can write a program to select the lottery draft order with the proper odds if the commishes would like that..?

The preliminary rule announced by IP, I believe, was:

* If there are no ties in either the real lottery or the NBA lottery, then draft order will be determined by the results of the actual NBA lottery;

* If there are ties that could affect the lottery, the affected GMs will be asked if they wish to go by the actual lottery or by a computerized lottery reflecting actual DKC odds.  If any affected GM objects to the actual lottery beforehand, then the lottery will be determined by the computerized lottery.

D. Cousins / F. Ezeli / P. Antic
D. West / R. Anderson / C. Copeland
L. Deng / V. Carter / D. Rudez
A. Iguodala / M. Ginobil / B. Gordon
K. Irving / S. Livingston / S. Blake

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012

« Reply #15309 on: March 27, 2014, 10:44:55 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

The preliminary rule announced by IP, I believe, was:

* If there are no ties in either the real lottery or the NBA lottery, then draft order will be determined by the results of the actual NBA lottery;

* If there are ties that could affect the lottery, the affected GMs will be asked if they wish to go by the actual lottery or by a computerized lottery reflecting actual DKC odds.  If any affected GM objects to the actual lottery beforehand, then the lottery will be determined by the computerized lottery.

Huh? If there are no ties in the real lottery or the NBA lottery? Determined by the results of the actual NBA lottery? How does that make sense? The DKC editions of some teams are drastically different than the NBA editions.

I had never read that, but I guess I assumed that it would either be reverse order DKC standings or computerized...

I wasn't sure if anyone had a computer program yet - or wanted one - and if I could help by writing it.

« Reply #15310 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:50 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 2043
IP, SO and Lucky have a formula based on the rankings and whatever to determine the amount of wins each team will get. Based on that a draft lottery order will be determined. Then if there are no ties in the standings for the real life NBA and the DKC then each DKC team will be matched with the IRL NBA team that ended up in the same position in the IRL NBA. Then the final draft order will be determined by the real life draft lottery.

Example if the DKC Nets end up with the 5th worst record and the real life Celtics end up in the same spot in the real life NBA we are paired. I, the DKC Nets, then get whatever draft position in the DKC as the real life Celtics get in the real life NBA.

Gives you something to cheer for while watching the Draft Lottery.

« Reply #15311 on: March 27, 2014, 11:02:18 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
IP, SO and Lucky have a formula based on the rankings and whatever to determine the amount of wins each team will get. Based on that a draft lottery order will be determined. Then if there are no ties in the standings for the real life NBA and the DKC then each DKC team will be matched with the IRL NBA team that ended up in the same position in the IRL NBA. Then the final draft order will be determined by the real life draft lottery.

Example if the DKC Nets end up with the 5th worst record and the real life Celtics end up in the same spot in the real life NBA we are paired. I, the DKC Nets, then get whatever draft position in the DKC as the real life Celtics get in the real life NBA.

Ohhh got it, got it

**So whoever gets paired with the Lakers is assured of the #1 pick if Silver is anything like Stern? ::partly sarcasm::
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:11:13 AM by McHales Pits »

« Reply #15312 on: March 27, 2014, 11:40:43 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Hahahaha!

But the joke is on us I think.....

Millsap>Monroe

True and...

Oops?

« Reply #15313 on: March 27, 2014, 11:45:21 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 663

Yeah, this seems like what was said.

I'm not holding out much hope for being able to mimic the real life lottery, though. I can't imagine the chances of there not being at least one tie in either the NBA or DKC being very high. As of Q2 there were 4 teams (I think) tied for the 7th worst record in the DKC.

« Reply #15314 on: March 27, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »

Online BleedGreen1989

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 453
Pop, as always, succinct when asked why Patty Mills didn't play more last year: "He was a little fat ass."—

Hahaha I love Pop.
***DKC Denver Nuggets***
http://tinyurl.com/nn6mgxg

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog