Author Topic: DKC League: Q1 Voting Very Soon! Watch Inboxes!  (Read 1061826 times)

The Rondo Show, rondoallaturca and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: DKC League: General Commentary
« Reply #12750 on: January 05, 2014, 12:26:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: -29099
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Wait, so I'm not invited to IP's house to sit on his couch, eat his food, drink his beer and fart?

You bring your own beer, and if you bring enough beer for me, you can eat my food.

Farts are non-negotiable. YOu may fart at will, but I can blame all my farts on you without consequence.

The question is, what type of food are you offering in return for his Molson?

D. Cousins / F. Ezeli / P. Antic
D. West / R. Anderson / C. Copeland
L. Deng / V. Carter / D. Rudez
A. Iguodala / M. Ginobili / B. Gordon
K. Irving / S. Livingston / S. Blake

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012

« Reply #12751 on: January 05, 2014, 12:29:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1992
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Wait, so I'm not invited to IP's house to sit on his couch, eat his food, drink his beer and fart?

You bring your own beer, and if you bring enough beer for me, you can eat my food.

Farts are non-negotiable. YOu may fart at will, but I can blame all my farts on you without consequence.

The question is, what type of food are you offering in return for his Molson?

It'll be mostly tasteless, and way overrated and overpriced, to matchup with the actual asset being traded.

DKC Portland Trailblazers Team Card
Questions about the DKC? Ask here: LINK
Free Agency Tracker: Link

« Reply #12752 on: January 05, 2014, 02:16:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
Holy crap. Did you guys read this?:

Larry Sanders and Gary Neal got into a heated argument after Saturday's lopsided loss, and Neal shouted, "I earned my money. Why don't you try it?"

« Reply #12753 on: January 05, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: -29099
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

Larry Sanders and Gary Neal got into a heated argument after Saturday's lopsided loss, and Neal shouted, "I earned my money. Why don't you try it?"

Haha.  Wow.  That is ballsy.  Truthful, but ballsy.

D. Cousins / F. Ezeli / P. Antic
D. West / R. Anderson / C. Copeland
L. Deng / V. Carter / D. Rudez
A. Iguodala / M. Ginobili / B. Gordon
K. Irving / S. Livingston / S. Blake

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012

« Reply #12754 on: January 05, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »

Online rondoallaturca

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

So does Neal get in a heated argument with Amare in DKC? The dude is making twice as what Sanders makes  :P

« Reply #12755 on: January 05, 2014, 02:22:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
I've been after Larry Sanders since this thing started, and Champ has been steadfast in wanting to keep him, going so far as to extend him to the 4 yr 44 million contract he signed over the summer.

But man, stuff like this, the bar fight, his TERRIBLE play this year..before the year I would've easily traded Asik and more for Sanders, but now..really hard guy to even want to buy low on. He might be a game changer defensively, but he might also be a bit of a Drew Gooden albatross contract.

« Reply #12756 on: January 05, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1692
  • DKC Orlando Magic
I think the Neal-Sanders dustup is a classic example of the toll that tanking takes on a rebuilding ballclub.

If winning isn't a priority, you're going to have a tough time motivating guys who've already gotten their paydays.
DKC Orlando Magic Roster:  http://tinyurl.com/DKC-Orlando2014
PG: I. Thomas / L. Ridnour | SG: B. Knight / I. Shumpert / B. McLemore
SF: T. Sefolosha / T. Harris / J. Ennis
PF: Jo. Smith / J. Jerebko / J. Stokes | C:  Nene / J. Sullinger / K. Perkins
DKC Picks Log: http://tinyurl.com/DKCPicks

« Reply #12757 on: January 05, 2014, 02:32:33 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 504
I've been after Larry Sanders since this thing started, and Champ has been steadfast in wanting to keep him, going so far as to extend him to the 4 yr 44 million contract he signed over the summer.

But man, stuff like this, the bar fight, his TERRIBLE play this year..before the year I would've easily traded Asik and more for Sanders, but now..really hard guy to even want to buy low on. He might be a game changer defensively, but he might also be a bit of a Drew Gooden albatross contract.

It's not your fault IP, CB tends to overrate young defensive players that's why I don't try to get any of those guys.

« Reply #12758 on: January 05, 2014, 02:34:56 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• Bailey Howell

So does Neal get in a heated argument with Amare in DKC? The dude is making twice as what Sanders makes  :P

DKC Neal is making twice as much as RL so he probably doesn't tell Amare anything.

« Reply #12759 on: January 05, 2014, 02:36:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith

It's not your fault IP, CB tends to overrate young defensive players that's why I don't try to get any of those guys.

If he played like he did last year and built on it, he wouldn't be overrated, he'd be underrated.

This is a great read:

http://www.sloansportsconference.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/The%20Dwight%20Effect%20A%20New%20Ensemble%20of%20Interior%20Defense%20Analytics%20for%20the%20NBA.pdf

« Reply #12760 on: January 05, 2014, 02:38:05 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• Bailey Howell

If he played like he did last year and built on it, he wouldn't be overrated, he'd be underrated.

This is a great read:

http://www.sloansportsconference.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/The%20Dwight%20Effect%20A%20New%20Ensemble%20of%20Interior%20Defense%20Analytics%20for%20the%20NBA.pdf

He didn't though.

« Reply #12761 on: January 05, 2014, 02:42:47 PM »

Online rondoallaturca

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

This is a great read:

He didn't though.

That's why IP started off with "if".

« Reply #12762 on: January 05, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• Bailey Howell

This is a great read:

He didn't though.

That's why IP started off with "if".

That's why I ended my post with "though". Had he buillt on it he would have been underrated, but everyone expected for him to built on it making him overrated at the start of the season.

« Reply #12763 on: January 05, 2014, 05:11:17 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 826
You know whose overrated Wiggins. So is Parker, so is Embid, Exum, you name it. Just send those first rounders to Rebus.  ;D

IP, going to pass on the couch, if I have to bring beer and can't blame my farts on you. You likely don't like people wearing robes either.

« Reply #12764 on: January 05, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• Bailey Howell
Splitter out 3-5 weeks. Good thing DKC opens up tomorrow. Bring on the haters.  :-*

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog